4000€+ gaming and streaming pc system theorycrafting(long post and thread)

Halazar

First off, I'm gonna warn you that this is going to be a long post.
It's just a very complicated issue, especially because of the nature of these items; I want the best for the money that I have to spend, I don't want to buy the wrong piece, I don't want to regret not taking enough time to analyze things, etc.

With that being said lets establish the guidelines of this build:

• I'm assembling this pc because my current one is pretty old(approaching 6 years) and breaking down.
  •  I'm using this chance to go all-out and try to build a very good 1)gaming, 2) streaming and 3) video-editing computer. The priorities are those since the games have to run at a very good quality for my enjoyment and in order to stream them at an high quality; the video-editing is just a secondary function, I wont edit/upload videos often, and they will often just be stream highlights.
  • I have a very big budget (-3500€-3700€+), but me having a big budget doesn't mean I want to spend it all and I'll appreciate cutting a cost if not needed; I don't care for RGB stuff(I mean its nice but I'm not gonna spend MORE money over it) or “paying for brand”, and I prefer “quality”, or rather, “utility/functionality” over “aesthetics”, and I don't want to cut a cost that will impact the performance of my computer(and the temps, or the quietness; I need the computer to be cool during heated and humid summers, and quiet because the noise could disrupt the quality of the streaming) in the long run, since I don't plan to change any computer parts anytime soon; you could say that I'm “future proofing” but I don't want to change parts to this computer until they break or get incredibly old, so tl;dr;

1. Videogames and streaming are the priority, video-editing is secondary;
  2. Don't care for aesthetics but only for functionality; performance, temps and quietness, and don't want to “pay for brand” but for quality;
  3. Want to use my budget to the fullest to avoid having problems in the future but also not willing pay for overpriced stuff that have no effect.

Alright, lets start talking about some parts, what I consider the “backbone” of all the various possibilities for my final build;
before talking about the different possibilities that I had in mind, I want to talk about the pieces that don't change between them, since they mostly affect CPUs and motherboards:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (€89.90 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  (€250.88 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€151.82 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Video Card  (€891.30 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  (€107.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€156.67 @ Amazon Italia) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  (€15.92 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €1664.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 03:49 CET+0100

Lets start with the cooler:

of course the cooler will actually change with the CPUs and motherboards, but this was actually to spark a question about the type of coolers.
I think that, in general, it is better for me to get the best non-liquid cooler possible(that's why I just put the best Noctua I could find), because I really care about temps and want my CPU to be chill at all times, but I'm afraid of liquid coolers failing me.
So; am I right? Or are there COMPLETELY SAFE, 100% risk free liquid coolers? 
Because I don't care how “theoretically safe” and “with really low margin of failure” some liquid coolers now are, I ain't risking a 3500€ computer on a 200€ cooler, nu-uh.
So I think I should just go for the best non-liquid cooler and that's usually the most expensive Noctua, right?

Then, the RAM.
32 gb is not negotiable. Then I picked the one between 2400-2800 with the lowest CAS(14) and the best price/value ratio on pcpartpicker.
Why 2400-2800? Because most CPUs don't support more than that without Ocing and I'm not gonna OC my ram.

Next, the storage.
1 SSD and 1 HHD are mandatory.
This SSD is from what I've heard the best when it comes to price/value ratio, and I don't need 1 tb of it since I will just put the OS, some crucial software(OBS, Steam, etc.) and some games in it.
Games and softwares & files that don't require to load incredibly fast, or are just old and don't need that much power will just be put in the HDD.
Am I wrong? Should I get 1 TB of SSD even if its double the price? Or a different kind of SSD?

Now, the graphic card.
1080 ti of course, not even a question.
I've picked the 11 GB with the highest core clock I could find and the price isn't even that high considering other cards, BUT if you know cards that are better in;

1. Temperatures under long period of times
  2. quieter
  3. or are just cheaper with the same performances

Let me know; I REALLY want a graphic card that is powerful and remains cool primarily. Quietness is an important secondary role, but secondary nonetheless.

The graphic cards leads me to the power supply;
I was undecided between this, and the 1050W variant of it, because I'm debating whether or not I will be running double 1080tis in the future when I will be in need of an upgrade, or just buying the best next-gen graphic card available.
What do you guys think? What is better to do?
I think I'll just buy the next-best graphic card, but I'm always all hears.

Also, do you know any better PSU? I feel I can't go wrong with that, beside the SLI question.
Or do you think SeaSonic doesn't make good PSU? Or there are just better PSUs for a similar price? Let me know.

And for last but not least, the case.
Now, I've thought a lot about how to choose a case, and I still have doubts. I just picked this case as a min. standard. 
I want the case to be:
with VERY good airflow, as spacious as possible, has dust filters, and as silent as possible, in this order.
So I naturally went the full tower way.
Now, I chose this case because I've read that is both quiet and allows for a lot of fans to be mounted, and there's dust filters over all the fans.
But is it the best for the price? Or is it good at all? I don't mind spending even double the price of this case for a drastically better one. 
I REALLY don't want my case to be hot/retain hot air because of poor air flow due to poor space management or bad design or whatever, and I will GREATLY appreciate a case that quiets most of my noise(due to CPU cooler, graphic card, etc.).
It HAS to have dust filters because dust is not only bad for my health, but also impacts the performance of my computer.
Also I like the side-glass thingy but I'd rather have a fully silent case than a pretty one, but if I can have both for a price not too high, why not?
But the price can't be too high since I wont cut the budget from other pieces for the aesthetics of the case.
Also, am I good with stock fans or do I need to buy new ones? 
And how many/ for how many sides? Again I don't care for RGB stuff(and again, I mean its nice but I'm not gonna spend MORE money for RGB pieces), its just to have very good airflow.

Now, lets discuss the different possibilites/combinations when it comes to CPUs.
My doubts are about two, consecutive questions.

1. Single box or dual(gaming+streaming) box?
  2. If single box, AMD or Intel?

Now let me explain the first question.

If single box, I can buy a very powerful computer that can satisfy my needs at the moment, and then in the future, if I want and have money for it, I can use my current computer to cannibilize some parts and build a very cheap but effective streaming box, something that would look kinda like this:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (€196.46 @ Amazon Italia) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€29.88 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€53.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€156.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€78.73 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Toshiba - 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€45.97 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card 
Case: Antec - GX700 ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Antec - High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Total: €562.02

The graphic card, PSU and case are the ones I'm currently using(and I think the cooler too but I'm not too sure rn).

If I go dual box route, I should use some of my budget to fund the parts for the streaming box that I just linked, thus having less to spend on the primary rig, making it more powerful. The primary rig would run Intel for sure tho, and maybe I could pick a less expensive CPU, like an i7-7700k.

Not only that, but from my understanding dual box comes with a lot of software n hardware issues that I don't know if I'm ready to face right now, right at the start of this streaming thing, and I kind of like the simplicity of having just one computer to worry about at the start; then, if I see that I really like streaming everyday and want to specialize even more and want to have everything maxed out, I'll buy the second, streaming-dedicated box, to compliment an already beast of a primary pc.

Tl;dr: For simplicity I'd prefer a single box, do you think its wrong?

Then, assuming I'd go with single box, comes the AMD vs Intel question.

Since a single computer would be handling both gaming and streaming, the CPU needs to perform excellently.
So the question is; do I use a Threadripper 1900x that apparently is better for streaming but not gaming(or even higher Threadrippers is they manage to stay in budget but I think their single core performance might be too low and I dont need that many cores), or a an Intel CPU?

And if Intel, which one?
For reference, I have had my eyes on the i7-7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core, and then the Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core even if pcpartpicker doesn't have it as available in Italy at the moment ; the i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core could be an option if I can find one in Italy and it somehow manages to stay inside the budget.

I'll show you the different builds and then I'll link some benchmarks results;

i7 7820x;

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7820X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  (€624.17 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: MSI - X299 RAIDER ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  (€238.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  (€250.88 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€151.82 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Video Card  (€891.30 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€156.67 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €2527.64

i7 8700k;

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€112.98 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €1777.46

TR 1900x;

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1900X 3.8GHz 8-Core Processor  (€548.92 @ Amazon Italia) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U14S TR4-SP3 140.2 CFM CPU Cooler  (€79.90 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X399 Taichi ATX TR4 Motherboard  (€345.20 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €2548.60

Now, the benchmarks:

So by these results, looks like the 7820x is straight up better than the 1900x, and at the same time almost the same performance as the 8700k but better for the multi-core; but these are just numbers, and I've heard everybody say that Threadripper is straight up better for streaming, so I don't really know???
I'm very undecided on this issue, and no information seems to sway me.
What do you guys think? Do you have any other CPUs in mind that might be provide better performance than these(beside i9s :^] )?

Also; what about the mobos?
Let's say that I go for the 7820x; would that mobo be good enough? 
I've chose pretty randomly; one of the cheapest with enough features, but for example I've seen some screens online and the m.2 slot looks kinda hard to fit with the future graphic card(s)... so do you guys know a better one?
And what feature should I look for beside m2 slots, sata 6, enough usb3.0 slots etc.?

Let me know if you have any suggestions, idea, correction, or any sort of input or interest for my build, and if you've read all this, thank you for your time!

P.s.: I know this formatting of mine isn't good; I'm not used to it! Also if I'm breaking any rules, let me know.

Huh, what a long post. Good on you for putting in the effort.

I'll keep it short:

• The i7-8700K can handle gaming, streaming and editing just fine. It's also the best chip for gaming so that'd be the obvious choice for me. I wouldn't see the need to go to the HEDT platforms unless you need the multithreaded performance. TR is also rather meh for gaming in general so I'd avoid that. Don't think you need a second dedicated rig although that'd provide the best streaming performance.
  • There's no 100% risk free cooler although there's a small chance of it happening. Think of it as an airplane crash (yes, I know, it's a morbid analogy); it happens but the chances of it happening in the first place is very low.
  • Anything above 2666MHz is considered an overclock but you can just use an XMP profile to do that for you. It's not as hard as you think it is.
  • The best Z370 motherboard is the Aorus Gaming 7 from Gigabyte. You might as well get it for a high-end PC such as this... especially if you're also overclocking.
  • The AMP Extreme isn't that great as seen in Gamers Nexus' review of it. If you want good cooling and silence, the ASUS STRIX is a decent choice although it's ridiculously expensive in Italy for some reason.
  • A 550W PSU is fine for a i7-8700K + GTX 1080Ti, both overclocked. If you want silence, I highly recommend the beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11. If you want two GTX 1080Tis in SLI, then get the 850W variant.
  • On a daily basis, you will not notice the difference between something like the 850 EVO up against the much more expensive 960 PRO.
  • Generally, Fractal Design makes some great cases when it comes airflow and silence... anything with the Define tag is usually good.

Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€304.13 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€89.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (€977.99 @ Alternate Italia) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€102.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€149.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €1882.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 05:51 CET+0100

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Huh, what a long post. Good on you for putting in the effort.

I'll keep it short:

• The i7-8700K can handle gaming, streaming and editing just fine. It's also the best chip for gaming so that'd be the obvious choice for me. I wouldn't see the need to go to the HEDT platforms unless you need the multithreaded performance. TR is also rather meh for gaming in general so I'd avoid that. Don't think you need a second dedicated rig although that'd provide the best streaming performance.
  • There's no 100% risk free cooler although there's a small chance of it happening. Think of it as an airplane crash (yes, I know, it's a morbid analogy); it happens but the chances of it happening in the first place is very low.
  • Anything above 2666MHz is considered an overclock but you can just use an XMP profile to do that for you. It's not as hard as you think it is.
  • The best Z370 motherboard is the Aorus Gaming 7 from Gigabyte. You might as well get it for a high-end PC such as this... especially if you're also overclocking.
  • The AMP Extreme isn't that great as seen in Gamers Nexus' review of it. If you want good cooling and silence, the ASUS STRIX is a decent choice although it's ridiculously expensive in Italy for some reason.
  • A 550W PSU is fine for a i7-8700K + GTX 1080Ti, both overclocked. If you want silence, I highly recommend the beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11. If you want two GTX 1080Tis in SLI, then get the 850W variant.
  • On a daily basis, you will not notice the difference between something like the 850 EVO up against the much more expensive 960 PRO.
  • Generally, Fractal Design makes some great cases when it comes airflow and silence... anything with the Define tag is usually good.

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€304.13 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€89.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (€977.99 @ Alternate Italia) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€102.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€149.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €1882.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 05:51 CET+0100

• You would pick 8700K over 7820x?
  • I know that it's "very low", but I prefer null, you know? :) 
  • I know it's not hard but OCing its not a priority of mine, especially not RAM. I like to run things "stock", unless I /really/ feel the need.
  • Again, OCing is not one of my priorities, its just nice to have as an option if needed. I like high-quality pieces but I don't want to overspend on a motherboard, I'd rather spend money on other things; for example, somebody suggested me to buy 2 different SSDs; in one I'd put software I'll always use(OS, OBS, Steam, Chrome etc.) and the other for games.
  • The ASUS STRIX is a /decent/ one for almost 1000€? Eeeeeh could you reccoment a better quality/price ratio? For that money I'd rather have a top of the line one, not a decent one.
  • People have told me that SeaSonic is the top of the line in terms of PSU, so you disagree? I want some extra power of them in case I buy extra hardware and in the future a graphic card that consumes more power.
  • Yeah I think I'll buy something like Fractal R5. How many fans tho? And PSU installed facing down or up in your opinion?

@Halazar

Ripjaws V memory modules are not the best choice when using an NH-D15.

Overclocking memory on Intel systems is as simple as going into the BIOS and enabling the XMP profile. The rest is automatic. XMP profiles are certified by Intel for use with Intel cpu.

If the intention is to allow for a second GTX 1080 Ti, then the psu should be at least 850W. I would suggest even more capacity if there are any plans to overclock and/or add more storage. The current trend seems to be to single gpu. By the time one is ready to consider a second gpu, there will likely be more attractive newer tech.

Seasonic has introduced new product lines, Prime and Focus. You might want to take a look at some of the models.

I am a fan of Asus motherboards. They are generally well built with very good feature sets. I particular like the fan control software and usually generous number of fan headers.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

8 minutes ago, brob said:

@Halazar

Ripjaws V memory modules are not the best choice when using an NH-D15.

Overclocking memory on Intel systems is as simple as going into the BIOS and enabling the XMP profile. The rest is automatic. XMP profiles are certified by Intel for use with Intel cpu.

If the intention is to allow for a second GTX 1080 Ti, then the psu should be at least 850W. I would suggest even more capacity if there are any plans to overclock and/or add more storage. The current trend seems to be to single gpu. By the time one is ready to consider a second gpu, there will likely be more attractive newer tech.

Seasonic has introduced new product lines, Prime and Focus. You might want to take a look at some of the models.

I am a fan of Asus motherboards. They are generally well built with very good feature sets. I particular like the fan control software and usually generous number of fan headers.

1. What memory module would you suggest then? I went with the best value, but if there is a physical setup problem, tell me please. Do I need some low-profiles?
  2. I know its simple; its simply not worth the money to get a more expensive RAM when I can spend the money on more useful things in my opinion, since the benefits are.. negligible beside benchmarking. Am I wrong?
  3. Yeah I think I will go with the single graphic card route. 760w should be more than enough.
  4. Are those Prime/Focus worth it? What is the benefit from the one I chose? And then what is better, Prime or Focus?
  5. What ASUS model would you suggest for 7820x/8700k?

4 minutes ago, Halazar said:
  • You would pick 8700K over 7820x?

I would for a few reasons

1. The i7-8700K is already more than enough for those applications. I personally don't think the investment for the HEDT platform.

2. The mesh topology on the i7-7820X means worse gaming performance.

3. The overall cost of the X299 platform up against the Z370 platform is significantly higher.

• I know it's not hard but OCing its not a priority of mine, especially not RAM. I like to run things "stock", unless I /really/ feel the need.

It's not overclocking as in tampering with the voltage and clockspeed like with CPUs and GPUs. The motherboard should have XMP profiles for the memory. Simply select a specific profile and the RAM should automatically run at that frequency. Again, not as hard as you make it out to be.

• Again, OCing is not one of my priorities, its just nice to have as an option if needed. I like high-quality pieces but I don't want to overspend on a motherboard, I'd rather spend money on other things; for example, somebody suggested me to buy 2 different SSDs; in one I'd put software I'll always use(OS, OBS, Steam, Chrome etc.) and the other for games.

It's an option. The Aorus Gaming 7 is the best Z370 motherboard VRM-wise. But if you're not overclocking, you can go for a cheaper motherboard such as the ASRock Fatal1ty K6. Up to you. Having the option to overclock is still good.

Just get one large SSD. No reason to have two smaller ones.

• The ASUS STRIX is a /decent/ one for almost 1000€? Eeeeeh could you reccoment a better quality/price ratio? For that money I'd rather have a top of the line one, not a decent one.

The prices on PCPP Italy are convoluted for some reason. Looked on Amazon Italy and they have STRIXs for around the same price as the AMP Extreme.

• People have told me that SeaSonic is the top of the line in terms of PSU, so you disagree? I want some extra power of them in case I buy extra hardware and in the future a graphic card that consumes more power.

I don't agree because there's no such thing as a top-of-a-line brand. Whoever says that is either ignorant or just fanboying. You buy by the specific unit, not by the brand name.

With that said, Seasonic has some great units such as the PRIME Titanium series. But as far as silence is concerned, you cannot beat the power of the beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11.

• Yeah I think I'll buy something like Fractal R5. How many fans tho? And PSU installed facing down or up in your opinion?

The ones that come with the case are fine. Ideally, you'd want two intake fans and one as an exhaust.

Doesn't exactly matter about the PSU's orientation. Personally, I'd have the fan facing upwards, since hot air rises and all.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

43 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

I would for a few reasons

1. The i7-8700K is already more than enough for those applications. I personally don't think the investment for the HEDT platform.

2. The mesh topology on the i7-7820X means worse gaming performance.

3. The overall cost of the X299 platform up against the Z370 platform is significantly higher.

It's not overclocking as in tampering with the voltage and clockspeed like with CPUs and GPUs. The motherboard should have XMP profiles for the memory. Simply select a specific profile and the RAM should automatically run at that frequency. Again, not as hard as you make it out to be.

It's an option. The Aorus Gaming 7 is the best Z370 motherboard VRM-wise. But if you're not overclocking, you can go for a cheaper motherboard such as the ASRock Fatal1ty K6. Up to you. Having the option to overclock is still good.

Just get one large SSD. No reason to have two smaller ones.

The prices on PCPP Italy are convoluted for some reason. Looked on Amazon Italy and they have STRIXs for around the same price as the AMP Extreme.

I don't agree because there's no such thing as a top-of-a-line brand. Whoever says that is either ignorant or just fanboying. You buy by the specific unit, not by the brand name.

With that said, Seasonic has some great units such as the PRIME Titanium series. But as far as silence is concerned, you cannot beat the power of the beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11.

The ones that come with the case are fine. Ideally, you'd want two intake fans and one as an exhaust.

Doesn't exactly matter about the PSU's orientation. Personally, I'd have the fan facing upwards, since hot air rises and all.

1. Mhhh. I'm seeing alot of complaints on amazon about the i7-8700k, saying that its just a "vaporwave" launch to try and rival threadripper. And it doesn't seem  to be /that/ much powerful. But I'm also reading that the motherboards for it might be compatible with future Intel microarchitectures such as cannonlake, icelake etc; is it true? Be straight with me because I'm not really knowledge in this.
    If this is true, then it might definitively be an incentive to buy it, since Threadripper will also have future chips avaiable for their motherboards if I'm not mistaken.

I think that if we're being pragmatical and rational, I wont OC often and its not worth the money for me; I have other issues to deal with, and I dont want to deal with that too.

Do you think that an i9 CPU would be worth the money?

2. So having 1 SSD is better? And that the EVO is no different from the PRO? Really? Doesn't the EVO /technically/ have a shorter lifespan?

3. I've researched a little and the dark power isnt fully modular, is it? Am I wrong? And is better than the Seasonic Prime series? And also I can't seem to find it on pcpartpicker, lol. 
  4. I think I'll run two exhausts and three-four intakes. Do you think that's too much and its gonna create noise? How/where can I test how much air pressure/flow I need?
  5. I've done a little research about the graphic cards and on amazon there are many different types of the same card and I cannot see which ones are which, since on pcpartpicker they appear to have different core clock speeds. The costly Asus one its because its not amazon, its an italian reseller and apparently a very bad one, ahah.
    I've seen gygabite being praised, too. Also, can you tell me exactly what is wrong with the Zotac one?

so check out this prototype;

Spoiler

Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z370 Pro Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€161.92 @ Amazon Italia) 
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
    Case: Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case  (€156.53 @ Amazon Italia) 
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Titanium 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€217.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
    Total: €2076.20
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 10:33 CET+0100

Consider that the 8700 costs around 500, the SSD around 470, and the ASUS around 70 euros less. Maybe I'll also throw 2-3 fans in it aswell for the air intake.
    What do you think is missing?
    Also, does the CPU come with thermal paste? Because mine is like 5 years old and IDK if its good enough... should I buy new one for improved performances?

22 minutes ago, Halazar said:
  1. Mhhh. I'm seeing alot of complaints on amazon about the i7-8700k, saying that its just a "vaporwave" launch to try and rival threadripper. And it doesn't seem  to be /that/ much powerful. But I'm also reading that the motherboards for it might be compatible with future Intel microarchitectures such as cannonlake, icelake etc; is it true? Be straight with me because I'm not really knowledge in this.
    If this is true, then it might definitively be an incentive to buy it, since Threadripper will also have future chips avaiable for their motherboards if I'm not mistaken.

I think that if we're being pragmatical and rational, I wont OC often and its not worth the money for me; I have other issues to deal with, and I dont want to deal with that too.

Do you think that an i9 CPU would be worth the money?

The i7-8700K and Threadripper are targeted towards to two completely different audiences. One is for the "mainstream" consumers and the other is for "HEDT" consumers who need the extra cores for highly multithreaded workloads. In gaming and streaming, the i7-8700K will perform significantly better than the TR 1950X.

One thing to remember with Intel chipsets is to not expect them to continue support beyond the generation of chips they were designed for. There's no guarantee that it'll be compatible with Icelake and it's unlikely that it will be. Cannonlake = mobile chips so that holds no relevance here since we're talking about desktop processors.

The i7-8700K does have higher base and boost clocks... and overclocking will net you extra performance in the future should you wish it. I think it's not a bad idea to get an unlocked CPU. If you don't want to overclock, the best thing to do is pair that processor with fast memory... better than overclocking the actual chip.

I don't think an i9 processor would be worth the money. You can achieve those tasks with a i7-8700K which is much, much cheaper.

1. So having 1 SSD is better? And that the EVO is no different from the PRO? Really? Doesn't the EVO /technically/ have a shorter lifespan?

One SSD is better. Assuming you have two, you'd need to put them in RAID 0. Meaning that you double the chances of data failure at no real performance gain.

For daily usage (e.g. booting up Windows or loading times in games) there's practically no difference. It'd be hard to reach the lifespan of the 850 EVO with normal desktop use. Don't worry about it.

1. I've researched a little and the dark power isnt fully modular, is it? Am I wrong? And is better than the Seasonic Prime series? And also I can't seem to find it on pcpartpicker, lol. 

It's semi-modular. Meaning that it has cables which are needed anyway already attached. It's not a big deal. I have the beQuiet! unit in my build list I posted above.

I'd say the two PSUs are about equal when it comes to performance and quality. The DPP 11 is more silent though.

1. I think I'll run two exhausts and three-four intakes. Do you think that's too much and its gonna create noise? How/where can I test how much air pressure/flow I need?

No, you'll be fine with that setup.

1. I've done a little research about the graphic cards and on amazon there are many different types of the same card and I cannot see which ones are which, since on pcpartpicker they appear to have different core clock speeds. The costly Asus one its because its not amazon, its an italian reseller and apparently a very bad one, ahah.
    I've seen gygabite being praised, too. Also, can you tell me exactly what is wrong with the Zotac one?

This is what's wrong with the Zotac:

1. so check out this prototype;

Reveal hidden contents

Motherboard: Asus - TUF Z370 Pro Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€161.92 @ Amazon Italia) 
    Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
    Case: Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case  (€156.53 @ Amazon Italia) 
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Titanium 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€217.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
    Total: €2076.20
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-30 10:33 CET+0100

Consider that the 8700 costs around 500, the SSD around 470, and the ASUS around 70 euros less. Maybe I'll also throw 2-3 fans in it aswell for the air intake.
    What do you think is missing?
    Also, does the CPU come with thermal paste? Because mine is like 5 years old and IDK if its good enough... should I buy new one for improved performances?

The cooler comes with thermal paste. It's fine.

As for general critiques:

-The motherboard choice could be better. I'd rather go for a ASUS Prime Z370-A for a i7-8700K.

-Do you need 1TB of SSD space? Seems excessive especially since you already have 4TB of mass storage.

-The PSU is overkill. If you want to SLI, get 850W. Otherwise, for a single card, you can go lower on the wattage.

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

The i7-8700K and Threadripper are targeted towards to two completely different audiences. One is for the "mainstream" consumers and the other is for "HEDT" consumers who need the extra cores for highly multithreaded workloads. In gaming and streaming, the i7-8700K will perform significantly better than the TR 1950X.

One thing to remember with Intel chipsets is to not expect them to continue support beyond the generation of chips they were designed for. There's no guarantee that it'll be compatible with Icelake and it's unlikely that it will be. Cannonlake = mobile chips so that holds no relevance here since we're talking about desktop processors.

The i7-8700K does have higher base and boost clocks... and overclocking will net you extra performance in the future should you wish it. I think it's not a bad idea to get an unlocked CPU. If you don't want to overclock, the best thing to do is pair that processor with fast memory... better than overclocking the actual chip.

I don't think an i9 processor would be worth the money. You can achieve those tasks with a i7-8700K which is much, much cheaper.

One SSD is better. Assuming you have two, you'd need to put them in RAID 0. Meaning that you double the chances of data failure at no real performance gain.

For daily usage (e.g. booting up Windows or loading times in games) there's practically no difference. It'd be hard to reach the lifespan of the 850 EVO with normal desktop use. Don't worry about it.

It's semi-modular. Meaning that it has cables which are needed anyway already attached. It's not a big deal. I have the beQuiet! unit in my build list I posted above.

I'd say the two PSUs are about equal when it comes to performance and quality. The DPP 11 is more silent though.

No, you'll be fine with that setup.

As for general critiques:

-The motherboard choice could be better. I'd rather go for a ASUS Prime Z370-A for a i7-8700K.

-Do you need 1TB of SSD space? Seems excessive especially since you already have 4TB of mass storage.

-The PSU is overkill. If you want to SLI, get 850W. Otherwise, for a single card, you can go lower on the wattage.

1. I was more talking about 8700k vs 7820x ahah, threadripper is out of the window rn. Do you think that any of their motherboards is future-proofing material?
  2. I mean I will disinstall and install games pretty often, I feel like the SSD could consume itself easily. I hope not. And I dont want to run out of space, but I also heard that new SSD technology is coming out, so maybe I should indeed save on it. I just don't know if 500gb is enough. Games nowadays are starting to become incredibly heavy, like 50gb each heavy.
  3. How do you know they're more silent? On pcpartpicker the noise category its an uncoherent mess. Also I want the +100w because I don't know how many things I will be attaching, if I'm gonna change graphic card for a more powerful one, etc.etc., and I often have alot of periphericals attached, and I dont want to be extremely close to power consumption. Like yeah I could save 50€ but at the same time what if in 3-4 years my new graphic card requires more watts? Do you think it's not worth it?

1 minute ago, Halazar said:
  1. I was more talking about 8700k vs 7820x ahah, threadripper is out of the window rn. Do you think that any of their motherboards is future-proofing material?

"Future-proofing" to begin with is rather pointless. The concept itself has lost meaning since new products come out every year. The best thing you can do is buy the best processor that suits your needs now.

1. I mean I will disinstall and install games pretty often, I feel like the SSD could consume itself easily. I hope not. And I dont want to run out of space, but I also heard that new SSD technology is coming out, so maybe I should indeed save on it. I just don't know if 500gb is enough. Games nowadays are starting to become incredibly heavy, like 50gb each heavy.

Simply uninstalling and installing games won't affect the durability of the SSD to an appreciable extent. SSDs are one of the more durable parts of a system. I wouldn't worry about it.

I myself have a 500GB SSD and am fine with it. If you think that you need 1TB, that's fine, but that's a bit excessive for my personal taste.

1. How do you know they're more silent? On pcpartpicker the noise category its an uncoherent mess. Also I want the +100w because I don't know how many things I will be attaching, if I'm gonna change graphic card for a more powerful one, etc.etc., and I often have alot of periphericals attached, and I dont want to be extremely close to power consumption. Like yeah I could save 50€ but at the same time what if in 3-4 years my new graphic card requires more watts? Do you think it's not worth it?

Reviews, reviews, reviews. PCPP is an inaccurate way of determining wattage and noise.

GPUs tend to get more power efficient as time progresses and peripherals don't consume that much power in the first place. The total system power consumption isn't going to get near 550W with this sort of system, especially when you're not overclocking. You could run this on a 450W unit if you wanted to.

If you want to prepare yourself for SLI, then 850W is the go-to figure. But for a single card setup, 550W is already more than enough.

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

"Future-proofing" to begin with is rather pointless. The concept itself has lost meaning since new products come out every year. The best thing you can do is buy the best processor that suits your needs now.

Simply uninstalling and installing games won't affect the durability of the SSD to an appreciable extent. SSDs are one of the more durable parts of a system. I wouldn't worry about it.

I myself have a 500GB SSD and am fine with it. If you think that you need 1TB, that's fine, but that's a bit excessive for my personal taste.

Reviews, reviews, reviews. PCPP is an inaccurate way of determining wattage and noise.

GPUs tend to get more power efficient as time progresses and peripherals don't consume that much power in the first place. The total system power consumption isn't going to get near 550W with this sort of system, especially when you're not overclocking. You could run this on a 450W unit if you wanted to.

If you want to prepare yourself for SLI, then 850W is the go-to figure. But for a single card setup, 550W is already more than enough.

1. And you think 8700k outperforms the 7820x in all cases? Even streaming? Sorry if I sound redundant.
  2. I'm sorry but I think theres more to it. My old Sapphire 7970 consumes around 220 Watts, a 1080ti consumes 250w; yes the power its WILDLY different but pragmatically the consumption is still higher. You get what I mean?
    But I also get your point. Mh. I think it just comes down to my preference/paranoia.
  3. Can you tell me the sites that you use to see reviews about noise levels an temperatures of hardware pieces?

7 hours ago, Halazar said:
  1. What memory module would you suggest then? I went with the best value, but if there is a physical setup problem, tell me please. Do I need some low-profiles?
  2. I know its simple; its simply not worth the money to get a more expensive RAM when I can spend the money on more useful things in my opinion, since the benefits are.. negligible beside benchmarking. Am I wrong?
  3. Yeah I think I will go with the single graphic card route. 760w should be more than enough.
  4. Are those Prime/Focus worth it? What is the benefit from the one I chose? And then what is better, Prime or Focus?
  5. What ASUS model would you suggest for 7820x/8700k?
  1. I would suggest low profile memory modules like Corsair LPX. The issue with taller modules is that the NH-D15 outer fan hangs over the outer two memory slots, so a memory upgrade may be problematic.See the bottom of the page at https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Noctua/NH-D15/4.html
  2. Not wrong that other aspects of a system may deserve more of the budget. But faster, lower latency memory can make a measurable difference, even in gaming. I haven't seen any hard data, but I suspect more efficient memory would improve streaming results. I tend to choose faster memory if the cost differential is not that great.
  3. Yes, 760W is definitely more than enough. One could even consider 650W.
  4. Prime is the top-tier line. The units have a 12 year warranty. A good source of test data is uk.hardware.info / us.hardware.info. https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/6872/seasonic-prime-titanium-650w-psu-review-unprecedented-efficiency is their review of the Prime Titanium 650W. Another excellent source of psu reviews is www.jonnyguru.com.
  5. Motherboard choice depends a bit on the features desired. In general I like the TUF series. But A series are very good basic motherboards. 
    LGA2066: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/TUF-X299-MARK-1/https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-A/
    LGA1151: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/TUF-Z370-PRO-GAMING/overview/https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/overview/

13 hours ago, Halazar said:
  1. And you think 8700k outperforms the 7820x in all cases? Even streaming? Sorry if I sound redundant.

Gaming performance while streaming should be higher on the i7-8700K than on the i7-7820X. The viewer-side experience should be more or less the same.

1. I'm sorry but I think theres more to it. My old Sapphire 7970 consumes around 220 Watts, a 1080ti consumes 250w; yes the power its WILDLY different but pragmatically the consumption is still higher. You get what I mean? But I also get your point. Mh. I think it just comes down to my preference/paranoia.

That's true, but it's also not a big enough reason to warrant getting a power supply which can output more than necessary wattage. GPUs get extremely power efficient and even the most power-hungry of modern graphics cards can run on a 550W unit just fine.

Point being, if you get an overkill PSU, you'll be less efficient at lower loads and usually produce more noise than a lower wattage unit.

1. Can you tell me the sites that you use to see reviews about noise levels an temperatures of hardware pieces?

Basically any reputable review site; AnandTech, Tom's Hardware, TechPowerUp to name some.

Spoiler

20 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

The Aorus Gaming 7 is the best Z370 motherboard VRM-wise. But if you're not overclocking, you can go for a cheaper motherboard such as the ASRock Fatal1ty K6. Up to you. Having the option to overclock is still good.

Actually the Fatal1ty board is pretty decent for overclocking.

In fact, the asrock bios are one of the best for that. True that the VRM might be slightly worse, but that doesn't mean its not capable. ;)

Just now, lukart said:

Actually the Fatal1ty board is pretty decent for overclocking.

In fact, the asrock bios are one of the best for that. True that the VRM might be slightly worse, but that doesn't mean its not capable. ;)

I know... which is why I recommended it because it has a killer VRM for its price.

Spoiler

Ok, have a look at this prototype;

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (€541.00) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€427.00) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (€899.00) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case  (€170.10 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Titanium 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€219.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  (€16.18 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case Fan: LEPA - LP-BOL12P-R 81.5 CFM  120mm Fan  (€16.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Other: GIGABYTE Intel 1151 Socket Z370 Chipset Aorus Gaming 7 D4 ATX Motherboard - Black  (€292.99 @ Alternate Italia) 
Total: €3163.08
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-31 13:21 CET+0100

I have yet to understand motherboards. I put in the one you guys suggested for now because I've read its very good overall even if doesnt have thunderbolt 3, and I don't know if it is Optane SSD ready (something I'm keeping my eyes on for the future and I want my motherboard to be ready for), so in case I would prefer a motherboard that has both of these features.
Then I picked 3 more case fans because the case has 7 fan slots, +3 stock fans; theres a side panel fan slot but I dont know if its good? Do you guys know if side panel fans are good?should it be intake or exhaust?

Also I've been thinking that maybe I want a case with a glass side panel; all of this RGB is going to be wasted otherwise.

What do you think?

EDIT: I've also been reading that the performances of the 8700k arent so great compared to i9, threadripper or even 7820x/7700k; that is sort of jack of all trades that lags behind in every case. Do you think this is false? Should I try to go for an i9? Some streamers are already using it, I know summit1g is for sure.
Also alot of people say that intel is too hot to not use liquid coolers and others say that this noctua is fine.

EDIT 2: changed fans with better ones and I'll let you see a protoype somebody else suggested:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (€541.00) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (€84.89 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€174.48 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB LIGHTNING X Video Card  (€826.96 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: be quiet! - Dark Base Pro 900 w/Window (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  (€202.89 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€141.62 @ Amazon Italia) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  (€58.80 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €2944.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-31 12:23 CET+0100

What the guy above said is true for half of the countries in pcpartpicker, so yes this is just a reference.

All the mobo released after/with z270 support optane. Thunderbolt is being replaced by usb 3.1 so no worries.

In his post he said: "A bit quieter cooler, higher performance but quiet card, better case, this is not ryzen so 2800mhz rams, better performing quiet case fans and u really don't need that mobo for the parts you selected / All the mobo released after/with z270 support optane. Thunderbolt is being replaced by usb 3.1 so no worries. / What the guy above(they were talking about how italian prices seem to be 30% higher compared to american prices) said is true for half of the countries in pcpartpicker, so yes this is just a reference."

@Halazar

Of course i9 and Threadripper have better streaming performance than the i7-8700K, they have more cores. In gaming the i7-8700K is as good or better in most titles. But it's a close thing as the gaming benchmarks of http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i7_8700k_processor_review,1.html illustrate.

Going with an i9 has the added advantage of being able to get Thunderbolt 3.

This is your latest build altered to incorporate an i9 cpu. As you will see it is a touch above your desired budget range.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  (€1049.00 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X299-DELUXE ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  (€416.49 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€379.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case  (€170.10 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Titanium 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€219.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €3870.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-31 15:27 CET+0100

12 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Gaming performance while streaming should be higher on the i7-8700K than on the i7-7820X. The viewer-side experience should be more or less the same.

1 hour ago, brob said:

@Halazar

Of course i9 and Threadripper have better streaming performance than the i7-8700K, they have more cores. In gaming the i7-8700K is as good or better in most titles. But it's a close thing as the gaming benchmarks of http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i7_8700k_processor_review,1.html illustrate.

Going with an i9 has the added advantage of being able to get Thunderbolt 3.

This is your latest build altered to incorporate an i9 cpu. As you will see it is a touch above your desired budget range.

Reveal hidden contents

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  (€1049.00 @ Alternate) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X299-DELUXE ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  (€416.49 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€379.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €3870.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-31 15:27 CET+0100

Would the i9 be more powerful than the 8700k when it comes to gaming too?

5 minutes ago, Halazar said:

Based on the benchmarks in the article I linked the i9-7900X and i7-8700K have nearly identical frame rates with a GTX 1080 at various resolutions in most of the titles tested. Essentially the two cpu are equally powerful when it comes to gaming.

9 hours ago, Halazar said:

It's not. Keep in mind that the HEDT platform was designed to handle highly multithreaded workloads where performance scales with more cores. More cores doesn't mean better performance according to Amdahl's Law. Combine that with the "inferior" mesh structure of the Skylake-X chips and the gaming performance is going to be lower than the i7-8700K. This has been true for basically the last few consumer vs HEDT platforms. It's not a debated fact; it's generally been accepted that the i7-8700K is currently the "best" gaming CPU on the market.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-intel-coffee-lake-core-i7-8700k-review

As for something like streaming, I'll say it again. The i7-8700K is more than capable than outputting the same viewer-side experience as the i9-7900X. The difference is going to be in the player-side, where the i7-8700K will still command a lead in overall gaming performance: https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3076-intel-i7-8700k-review-vs-ryzen-streaming-gaming-overclocking/page-4

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

It's not. Keep in mind that the HEDT platform was designed to handle highly multithreaded workloads where performance scales with more cores. More cores doesn't mean better performance according to Amdahl's Law. Combine that with the "inferior" mesh structure of the Skylake-X chips and the gaming performance is going to be lower than the i7-8700K. This has been true for basically the last few consumer vs HEDT platforms. It's not a debated fact; it's generally been accepted that the i7-8700K is currently the "best" gaming CPU on the market.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-intel-coffee-lake-core-i7-8700k-review

As for something like streaming, I'll say it again. The i7-8700K is more than capable than outputting the same viewer-side experience as the i9-7900X. The difference is going to be in the player-side, where the i7-8700K will still command a lead in overall gaming performance: https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3076-intel-i7-8700k-review-vs-ryzen-streaming-gaming-overclocking/page-4

The results of the linked article do not agree with those in http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i7_8700k_processor_review,1.html. So I went looking to see why. Imagine my surprise when I could not find details of the i9-7900X test system in either review. Bad, bad, bad!

I do see a significant disagreement between the single thread Cinebench 15 scores i7-8700K/i9-7900X, Eurogamer 191 / 171, guru3d 194 / 193.

So I checked out some other sites.

It seems that the 20 point differential of the Eurogamer review is well out of the norm. Which leads me to question the rest of the data and conclusions drawn from it.

So from this appears that the i9 is overall better(but a very high cost), mmh

1 hour ago, Halazar said:

So from this appears that the i9 is overall better(but a very high cost), mmh

It's a tossup in my mind. The i7-8700K will do everything you want and do it well. The i9 can handle a heavier load, but at a significant premium.

Mmmmh what would a good motherboard for i9 be? considering that I'm already paying a ton for the chip, I dont want to buy a 400€+ mobo if possible lol

edit: heres prototype

Spoiler

I was reconsidering the possibility of utilizing all of my budget and more and buying an i9. What would the best mobo be?

heres prototype:

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  (€919.00) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (€84.89 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X299-A ATX LGA2066 Motherboard  (€287.38 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€152.20 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (€899.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define XL R2 (Black Pearl) ATX Full Tower Case  (€124.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €3486.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-01 18:29 CET+0100

Need case with window and all the features needed (thunderbolt, all the case fan spots filtered including bottom, etc.etc.) because all of this RGB is going to be wasted
Imma try to scout the other websites for prices, but tell me if you would change something