4000€+ gaming and streaming pc system theorycrafting(long post and thread)

Halazar
Just now, brob said:

@Halazar

Looks good. Prime A is a good choice.

Thanks :) help me find a good case with a window tho ;_; they all either have no filters, no bottom fan spot, arent quiet, costs too much, etc.etc.

@Halazar

Looks good. Prime A is a good choice.

Quiet cases mostly come about through good airflow. One of the quietest machines I ever built had a mostly mesh body.

Not many cases meet all your criteria. You might take a look at http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M-TemperedGlass.html, and https://www.bequiet.com/en/case/651

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

People are telling me that the i9 is unnecessary and too hot to handle without liquid cooling :\, and to wait for z390 lmao

edit: also people are telling me again to buy threadripper because for future chips compatibility with the mobo, apparently doesnt get hot as much and etc. but I've been reading of alot of people having problems with it and it also isnt as good for gaming as the intel chips rn, but it is cheaper and I can buy a 1950x for the basically the same money of a 7900x

I'm very bad at deciding this

So as far as I've come to understand it:

ryzen 1700x is the best budget game+stream
intel 8700x and 7900x are better if you have liquid cooling, with the first better at gaming and the second at streaming
threadripper 1900x+ has alot of upsides with the only downsides being worse at gaming

am I correct?

I found this video

of a streaming benchmark of a 8700k, playing GTAV; the CPU hits 100% workload on all threads, and the game has 100 fps, but GTA is a very optimized game, how the CPU work with, lets say, PUBG, which is a really non-optimized game? Mh.

9 hours ago, Halazar said:

I found this video

of a streaming benchmark of a 8700k, playing GTAV; the CPU hits 100% workload on all threads, and the game has 100 fps, but GTA is a very optimized game, how the CPU work with, lets say, PUBG, which is a really non-optimized game? Mh.

Confirms the discussion. i7-8700K is a very good cpu for gaming and streaming. But one can see that it has limits. It all comes down to just how much one is willing to spend to go beyond those limits.

Would a 7900x perform better? What can I do to go beyond these limits? I'm afraid that games+streaming+other softwares open(I multitask- sorry Intel, MEGAtask* alot) will bring the system to its knees, and I can't afford that, since I wanna experience this streaming thing as flawlessy as I can. 

7 hours ago, Halazar said:

Would a 7900x perform better? What can I do to go beyond these limits? I'm afraid that games+streaming+other softwares open(I multitask- sorry Intel, MEGAtask* alot) will bring the system to its knees, and I can't afford that, since I wanna experience this streaming thing as flawlessy as I can. 

The i9-7900X can handle more work. Open question as to better performance of any given task. Depends on the nature of the job, i.e. highly threaded vs lightly threaded.

Don't confuse running a lot of programs with high task loads. Most programs spend most of the time waiting for user input or storage. While there is a fair bit of active content on modern web pages, very little cpu is consumed by browser pages that are not being viewed. So one may have 100 web pages open, but all together they will typically consume a very small percentage of the cpu.

9 hours ago, brob said:

The i9-7900X can handle more work. Open question as to better performance of any given task. Depends on the nature of the job, i.e. highly threaded vs lightly threaded.

Don't confuse running a lot of programs with high task loads. Most programs spend most of the time waiting for user input or storage. While there is a fair bit of active content on modern web pages, very little cpu is consumed by browser pages that are not being viewed. So one may have 100 web pages open, but all together they will typically consume a very small percentage of the cpu.

Its not even only web pages. Streaming itself needs 2 softwares open, beyond OBS, Chrome and the obvious videogame being played. Then count idk, foobar2k, discord, etc.etc.

I think I'll make a post for the CPU question so that it can get more coverage, and maybe one about GPUs(since I've seen a video of Jayz2cents where he breaks an AORUS 1080ti piece with little to no force). I'll get back to you guys in this thread

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I'm sorry to disturb you guys again in this thread but... I'm as lost as before.
I was sure to take an i9 7900x but somebody really talked me down into ditching it because in their opinion its overpriced for just 10 cores, and that gaming+streaming can be done by an r7 1700x, and that if I need more cores for more things like recording too, I ned at least an 1950x, because in their opinion Gaming needs 4-6 cores, streaming needs 4 more cores, and recording needs 4 more cores, so the 10 cores of the i9 wont be enough.

They even tried to push me to buy a dual box setup; from their initial suggestions I finished up with these builds for it;

Spoiler

Gaming box 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor  (€330.26 @ Amazon Italia) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€162.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€159.96 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€147.20 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€157.78 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB LIGHTNING X Video Card  (€839.81 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Corsair - 270R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€61.61 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€101.86 @ Amazon Italia) 
Other: Samsung MZ-V6E1T0BW SSD 960 Evo NVMe M.2 1 TB mit bis zu 3.200MB/s sequentielle Lese und 1.900MB/s Schreibgeschwindigkeit  (€437.00) 
Total: €2398.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-24 00:35 CET+0100

Streaming/Recording box 

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (€197.02 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€82.54 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€147.20 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Toshiba - 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€74.50 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GT 1030 2GB 2GH LP OC Video Card  (€69.13 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€53.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€73.44 @ Amazon Italia) 
Other: Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250 MB mit bis zu 3.200MB/s sequentielle Lese und 1.900MB/s Schreibgeschwindigkeit  (€116.15 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €813.97

So, could you help me again? What do I do? I'm so lost

2 minutes ago, Halazar said:

Alright I'm sorry to disturb you guys again in this thread but... I'm as lost as before.
I was sure to take an i9 7900x but somebody really talked me down into ditching it because in their opinion its overpriced for just 10 cores, and that gaming+streaming can be done by an r7 1700x, and that if I need more cores for more things like recording too, I ned at least an 1950x, because in their opinion Gaming needs 4-6 cores, streaming needs 10 more cores, and recording needs 4 more cores, so the 10 cores of the i9 wont be enough.

They even tried to push me to buy a dual box setup; from their initial suggestions I finished up with these builds for it;

Hide contents

Gaming box 

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor  (€330.26 @ Amazon Italia) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€162.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€159.96 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€157.78 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB LIGHTNING X Video Card  (€839.81 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Corsair - 270R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€61.61 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€101.86 @ Amazon Italia) 
Other: Samsung MZ-V6E1T0BW SSD 960 Evo NVMe M.2 1 TB mit bis zu 3.200MB/s sequentielle Lese und 1.900MB/s Schreibgeschwindigkeit  (€437.00) 
Total: €2398.47

Streaming/Recording box 

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (€197.02 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€82.54 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Toshiba - 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€74.50 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GT 1030 2GB 2GH LP OC Video Card  (€69.13 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  (€53.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€73.44 @ Amazon Italia) 
Other: Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250 MB mit bis zu 3.200MB/s sequentielle Lese und 1.900MB/s Schreibgeschwindigkeit  (€116.15 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €813.97

So, could you help me again? What do I do? I'm so lost

There are people who place "value" above all else. The questions you have to resolve depend on what is most important to you.

First, you have to decide on a rough budget. Based on the thread title you have done this.

Then you have to decide on application performance priority. I.E. break out how much time will be spent doing various things on the computer, and create an ordered list. E.G. gaming 60%, streaming 20%, browsing and other general work 10%, video editing 10%. If necessary, rearrange this priority list to reflect importance. For example, if you get paid for video editing work, you might decide to move it up in the list.

Now that you understand your needs, explore the relative merits of various cpu. Use hard data to sort out the differences.

A Ryzen 7 build will not game as well as an i7-8700K, nor will it do very well compared to any of the i9 cpu. If you spend most of your time gaming and if gaming performance is important to you, a Ryzen 7 build strikes me as a less than ideal choice. 

The last Intel build you posted fits the budget and will provide very good to excellent performance in all the tasks you have mentioned. One simply needs to look at the hard data that has been previously linked to see this. It really doesn't matter what someone "thinks" about relative value, or "thinks" about how many cores various tasks require. If you would like to lower the amount spend, swap out the i9 for an ni7-8700K and appropriate motherboard, etc. You will still have an excellent system.

On this last point, one must take into account the IPC of cores and their clock speed. A 4GHz Ryzen core does not have the performance of a current same clock Intel core. And at some point there simply isn't enough work for more cores.

You may want to reread https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3076-intel-i7-8700k-review-vs-ryzen-streaming-gaming-overclocking/page-4 posted by @HKZeroFive

7 minutes ago, brob said:

There are people who place "value" above all else. The questions you have to resolve depend on what is most important to you.

First, you have to decide on a rough budget. Based on the thread title you have done this.

Then you have to decide on application performance priority. I.E. break out how much time will be spent doing various things on the computer, and create an ordered list. E.G. gaming 60%, streaming 20%, browsing and other general work 10%, video editing 10%. If necessary, rearrange this priority list to reflect importance. For example, if you get paid for video editing work, you might decide to move it up in the list.

Now that you understand your needs, explore the relative merits of various cpu. Use hard data to sort out the differences.

A Ryzen 7 build will not game as well as an i7-8700K, nor will it do very well compared to any of the i9 cpu. If you spend most of your time gaming and if gaming performance is important to you, a Ryzen 7 build strikes me as a less than ideal choice. 

The last Intel build you posted fits the budget and will provide very good to excellent performance in all the tasks you have mentioned. One simply needs to look at the hard data that has been previously linked to see this. It really doesn't matter what someone "thinks" about relative value, or "thinks" about how many cores various tasks require. If you would like to lower the amount spend, swap out the i9 for an ni7-8700K and appropriate motherboard, etc. You will still have an excellent system.

On this last point, one must take into account the IPC of cores and their clock speed. A 4GHz Ryzen core does not have the performance of a current same clock Intel core. And at some point there simply isn't enough work for more cores.

You may want to reread https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3076-intel-i7-8700k-review-vs-ryzen-streaming-gaming-overclocking/page-4 posted by @HKZeroFive

If I have to be honest with you, considering the overlocking warrant policy of AMD and Intel, I wouldnt overlock an intel until its warranty runs out, while I will overlock a r7 or 1950x since AMD would cover me in case I dont go over their Suggestions.
I fixed an edit where I said stream uses 10 cores; it was 4 lol
It will be 45% gaming 45% streaming(I will basically stream everytime I game) with an occasional recording while streaming and gaming, video editing and rendering.

Point is I need to be able to record efficiently while streaming and gaming if I have to do a youtube video. I can edit and render it when I turn off my stream.

I don't care if I spend up to 4k or a little over(which is already way over my original budget lol), but I want the best performance, and if an i9 is a worse performance with higher budget, why the heck do it? If an overlocked 1950x would provide me with better performance it would be better, no?
And if a dual box with a capture card would be even better, then why shouldnt I do it? And there might be some truth to it, since most streamer use a dual box.

But again, managing a dual box sounds like alot of work, and an UPS with that much wattage should be very difficult to find.

I really need help deciding. Do you think 7900x has enough cores to do whatever I need it to do, or should I go 1950x? And Would you go dual-box or single-box given my needs?

I did read that article together with many more, like https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3015-amd-threadripper-1950x-1920x-review/page-2 , http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/354/AMD_Ryzen_Threadripper_1950X_vs_Intel_Core_i9_i9-7900X.html , http://blog.logicalincrements.com/2017/08/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-1920x-vs-intel-core-i9-7900x/ , and many forums posts.

I'm just a paranoid person and a slight control freak and need to be 100% sure(more like 99,99% since you can never be 100% sure of everything) everytime I do something, lol.

@Halazar

If you are using Nvidia's ShadowPlay the cpu hit for recording and live streaming is minimal.

You might consider a build like the following. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (€474.45 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€174.77 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€360.41 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€529.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€263.34 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (€799.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: be quiet! - Pure Base 600 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€70.89 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €2938.69
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-24 04:28 CET+0100

8 minutes ago, brob said:

@Halazar

If you are using Nvidia's ShadowPlay the cpu hit for recording and live streaming is minimal.

You might consider a build like the following. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  (€474.45 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€174.77 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€360.41 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€529.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Western Digital - Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€263.34 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (€799.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: be quiet! - Pure Base 600 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€70.89 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €2938.69
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-24 04:28 CET+0100

I would prefer my gpu to be dedicated to deal with games not streaming tbh, and I know no streamer that uses it so I don't know how to contexualize it, I would need benchmarks

let me assemble a 1950x build in the meantime

Just now, Halazar said:

I would prefer my cpu to be dedicated to deal with games not streaming tbh, and I know no streamer that uses it so I don't know how to contexualize it, I would need benchmarks

let me assemble a 1950x build in the meantime

??????????

Just now, brob said:

??????????

I'm so sorry I meant gpu not cpu lol edited, it's  05:00 am here and I've been thinking over this for hours

Just now, Halazar said:

I'm so sorry I meant gpu not cpu lol edited, it's  05:00 am here and I've been thinking over this for hours

It's true that ShadowPlay will consume some gpu resources. There is not a lot of hard data around, let alone anything using current hardware. But I did come across 

which provides some numbers. 

Difference 5: Professional Style editing:

Those who are curious to enjoy professional style editing must go for OBS platform because it allows them to access plugins, multiple scenes, collection of music tickers and alerts or notifications regarding all settings. On the other side, ShadowPlay can just offer you simple service for recording your gaming hour without additional interactive controls.

Difference 6: Streaming:

It is not possible to enjoy Twitch streaming and Shadow Recording at the same time on ShadowPlay so most of the gamers love to use OBS to stream their content with ease. ShadowPlay is good for broadcasting needs but OBS offers great overlay adjustments.

Difference 7: Customization:

No matter which game your want to record on your PC, you will find extensive customization options on OBS platform but they are limited in case if ShadowPlay.

https://filmora.wondershare.com/screen-recorder/obs-vs-shadowplay-which-is-better-for-gameplay.html

Spoiler

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor  (€927.01 @ Amazon Italia) 
CPU Cooler: Enermax - LiqTech TR4 360 102.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€163.00) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Strix X399-E Gaming EATX TR4 Motherboard  (€418.00) 
Memory: G.Skill - TridentZ RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€441.91 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€434.00) 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€156.80 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (€899.99) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Primo ATX Full Tower Case  (€275.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Gold 1200W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€244.00) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  (€16.18 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €3976.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-25 10:43 CET+0100

This would be the 1950x; I could change the case(this one costs a little too much and I think I can find better for the same price) or the ram(dont really need rgb but the price isnt that much different from the non-rgb one) or change some stock fans with aftermarket ones, but the structure remains the same.
Do you guys think it would be better than 7900x still, and that the amount of cores on the 7900x is not enough?

Would it be better to just take the 7900x and then record/edit/render off-stream for the better performance in games(even if very little in some)?
Or is the 1950x worth considering the possible future upgrades and optimizations?
I'm really having a -crysis- over here, over something that I really shouldnt stress so much about(I mean I should actually, its alot of money).
Trying to anticipate my future use is not really helpful, since I will mostly be doing 90% gaming and streaming and then a very relative 10% recording and editing in the short term future, but I don't know if in the long run I will start editing more, and it could be useful to be able to render while streaming to save time.
I watched some more videos and reviews and really no informations seems to sway me; some people say 1950x is amazing at multitasking and still very good at gaming+streaming, other say the 7900x is straight up better.
Some say the 1950x can only get better, some say the 7900x is already better.

In comparison the 7900x build would look something like this:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7900X 3.3GHz 10-Core Processor  (€992.54 @ Amazon Italia) 
CPU Cooler: EVGA - CLC 280 113.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€135.06 @ Amazon Italia) 
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g 1g Thermal Paste  (€9.80 @ Amazon Italia) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX EATX LGA2066 Motherboard  (€463.75 @ Amazon Italia) 
Memory: G.Skill - TridentZ RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€441.91 @ Amazon Italia) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€427.00) 
Storage: Toshiba - X300 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€156.80 @ Amazon Italia) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (€898.00 @ Amazon Italia) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Primo ATX Full Tower Case  (€275.99 @ Amazon Italia) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Gold 1200W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€241.51) 
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  (€16.18 @ Amazon Italia) 
Total: €4058.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-25 10:53 CET+0100

@Halazar

Both cpu support quad channel memory operation. For optimal memory performance one should use quad channel memory kits, i.e. kits with four memory modules.

Threadripper apparently has memory issues similar to Ryzen. Make sure any memory kit contemplated is with the cpu on the selected motherboard and will run at advertised speeds.

The Apex motherboard has only four memory slots. You might consider picking a motherboard with the more conventional 8 memory slots.

The psu is so over capacity that either system will likely run close to or out of the low-end threshold for 80+ Gold efficiency. 

7 hours ago, brob said:

@Halazar

Both cpu support quad channel memory operation. For optimal memory performance one should use quad channel memory kits, i.e. kits with four memory modules.

Threadripper apparently has memory issues similar to Ryzen. Make sure any memory kit contemplated is with the cpu on the selected motherboard and will run at advertised speeds.

The Apex motherboard has only four memory slots. You might consider picking a motherboard with the more conventional 8 memory slots.

The psu is so over capacity that either system will likely run close to or out of the low-end threshold for 80+ Gold efficiency. 

Four memory modules will prevent me from optimizing the most in the future if I only have 4 ram slots

Everything should be compatible, I checked on a forum about this

I know but it has going many other things like better VRM and stuff, the only other good one with 8 ram slots and doesn't cost a shitton would be the Taichi, but it isn't better

I chose that PSU in case I want to 1) overlock cpu, gpu and ram 2) in the future I would buy a more powerful CPU when they release them, or a new gpu that requires more power, or a SLI, and more things like additional HDDs/SSDs, etc.

57 minutes ago, Halazar said:

Four memory modules will prevent me from optimizing the most in the future if I only have 4 ram slots

Everything should be compatible, I checked on a forum about this

I know but it has going many other things like better VRM and stuff, the only other better one would be the Taichi but it isnt as good

I chose that PSU in case I want to 1) overlock cpu, gpu and ram 2) in the future I would buy a more powerful CPU when they release them, or a new gpu that requires more power, or a SLI, and more things like additional HDDs/SSDs, etc.

So you will run an unoptimized system on the off chance that down the road you will want to, in the case of Threadripper, add another six memory modules? In the case of Apex, the motherboard is designed to be optimal with 4 modules. Again, you would be running sub-optimal on the chance that you might decide to add memory.

Other than SLI, none of the items mentioned justify a psu of that capacity. Again, you are electing to run sub-optimally on the chance that something may change in the future. You quite literally have nearly three times the capacity that will be required for all but the most heavy peak loads. At peak loads, the psu is likely not going to get over 50% capacity.

My build philosophy has always been to build an optimal machine, with only a slight consideration for upgrades. The simple fact is that within two, maybe three years all of this hardware will be out of date and any significant upgrades will involve replacing the main components. This is especially true of the cpu & gpu. It is rarely if ever cost effective to buy an older tech cpu or gpu.

51 minutes ago, brob said:

Other than SLI, none of the items mentioned justify a psu of that capacity. Again, you are electing to run sub-optimally on the chance that something may change in the future. You quite literally have nearly three times the capacity that will be required for all but the most heavy peak loads. At peak loads, the psu is likely not going to get over 50% capacity.

I've heard that especially overlocking the 1950x sometimes might need 200-300mhz more.. like it really sucks alot of power

Anyway I'm still not decided between intel or amd. I fear the doubt is going to paralyze me. If I had the courage and will to deal with the hassles of a dual streaming setup, the decision would be easier.

If you haven't read it yet, this article may be useful: http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/streaming

I'm also currently trying to build a machine similar to yours. See my topics here if it interests you:

I'm also in the dilemma of wanting to come to the final decisions soon... as all the good sales end within a couple days. :P 

1 hour ago, Halazar said:

I've heard that especially overlocking the 1950x sometimes might need 200-300mhz more.. like it really sucks alot of power

Anyway I'm still not decided between intel or amd. I fear the doubt is going to paralyze me. If I had the courage and will to deal with the hassles of a dual streaming setup, the decision would be easier.

Perhaps a compromise of sorts. A dual system in one case. It depends on being able to get a dual case in Italy. The obvious choice would be the Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL Dual System.

If the Mini XL DS is not available one might consider the Cooler Master Haf stacking system or one of the Thermaltake Core stackable models.

1 minute ago, brob said:

Perhaps a compromise of sorts. A dual system in one case. It depends on being able to get a dual case in Italy. The obvious choice would be the Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL Dual System.

If the Mini XL DS is not available one might consider the Cooler Master Haf stacking system or one of the Thermaltake Core stackable models.

The hassles are more about the fact of needing a capture card, setting up the monitors, having to deal with the audio stuff, deciding if I need a mixer or not, and many other that are not coming in my mind right now. The "dual case" option was one I was considering in my mind tbh, but these other issues still remain; also, I do not know how would I connect the gaming pc GPU to the streaming pc capture card inside the dual case!

18 minutes ago, PopsiclesInMyCellar said:

If you haven't read it yet, this article may be useful: http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/streaming

I'm also currently trying to build a machine similar to yours. See my topics here if it interests you:

I'm also in the dilemma of wanting to come to the final decisions soon... as all the good sales end within a couple days. :P 

Your use is a little different from mine, since I will be mainly just gaming and streaming and maybe a little bit of editing, and strangely you lean more towards intel than threadripper