3840x2160 60hz 2560x1440 144hz

Merp83

Can you get a monitor -under 26'' which supports 4k 60hz (for movies) and 1440p 144hz (for other crap) under £500 uk.pcpartpicker.com

subscribe to pewdiepie

Hi there Merp 83! :)

Well, the think with monitors right now is that as you can notice, they're divided in fact between those categories. Either you get high resolution (4k) paying the price of "low" fps or the other way around.

Me myself bought not so long ago a 3440x1440 100Hz(which is 2K Ultrawide in essence). And would be a good middle option.

But honestly and talking from heart for what you want I would just wait (depending if you NEED the monitor or you just want to change) to the 4K technology evolves and you can get a good 4K monitor 100Hz+. 

Cause the technology is evolving towards 4K, not 2K so... :) 

Hope my opinion help you somehow, good luck! ;) 

what are you doing with it? if gaming I would for sure say 144hz. If just content, maybe the 4k. but I still like the high refresh a lot more than pixels

16 minutes ago, Synawke said:

what are you doing with it? if gaming I would for sure say 144hz. If just content, maybe the 4k. but I still like the high refresh a lot more than pixels

Uhmmm actually, now that you say this....

Cause actually I´m also one of those that prefers stable fps than higher pixel count.

I've been making testing with assasins creed origins last days in both my monitor with G-sync and my 4K TV. Just to see differences in quality and fps count. To decide basically were I was gonna be playing it in the long run. 

And the thing is.... that when they don't have a huge difference in FPS count, cause 4K goes 50 or a little under and in the monitor goes 55-60 (little more stable), but what makes them Day and Night? The G-sync.

Honestly, even when I go play something in my TV (for play in the sofa mostly) and it runs 60 stables FPS.... it's night and day when I play the same thing at 60 fps in the monitor.

So if you take a 4K 60Hz that supports G-sync (freesync for that matter) actually you could get out of the deal pretty pretty happy :)

i know there are monitors that can do both, however i don't know what they're called

this video would have a better insight since it talks about similair monitors that opt between higher res and higher refresh rate on a switch