How to get the most out of my new monitor

Hi!

I have recently been gifted a AOC i2757fh, 27 inches, IPS, 60hz.  I've got a lot more control over the various color options, but I'm not sure what I'm doing with them.

Any recommendations on what I should adjust to get the most out of my display? I know IPS displays are better for colors, but coming from my Acer v236 HL, things look a little more grey...

Thank you all in advance for helping a newbie out.

3 minutes ago, kingfurykiller said:

Hi!

I have recently been gifted a AOC i2757fh, 27 inches, IPS, 60hz.  I've got a lot more control over the various color options, but I'm not sure what I'm doing with them.

Any recommendations on what I should adjust to get the most out of my display? I know IPS displays are better for colors, but coming from my Acer v236 HL, things look a little more grey...

Thank you all in advance for helping a newbie out.

Play with the contrast in the menu of the display. Also, many monitors have pre-built preset of color. You might find one you like more than the one currently on your monitor.

Server 1 PC                                                   Server 2 PC                                               GEAR

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700                                                   CPU: Athlon 200GE                                               Keyboard: Logitech G Pro Keyboard

Motherboard: Aorus AX-X370-K7                            Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H              Mouse: Logitech G900

CPU Cooler: Wraith Spire RGB                                CPU Cooler: Stock Cooler                                    Mousepad : Corsair MM300

Ram: Kingston 32GB 2666MHz                                Ram: Patriot Signature Line 8GB 2666MHz          Monitor: Acer XZ350CU Black 35" 21:9 144 Hz  

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti                              HDD: 1X WD Red 2TB                                           Headphones : Audio technica ATH-AD700X                          

HDD: 5X Seagate Barracuda 7.2k RPM 1TB            SSD: 1X128GB Samsung Evo                              Speakers: Logitech Z506 5.1

SSD: 2X512GB Samsung Evo                                  PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR 500 W1

PSU: HGC 850W Antec 80+ Bronze                         Case: Rosewill 2U Server Chassis

Case: Rosewill 4U Server Chassis           

why not check for display settings and change the colour ratio to your concern

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

56 minutes ago, ethebigd said:

Play with the contrast in the menu of the display. Also, many monitors have pre-built preset of color. You might find one you like more than the one currently on your monitor.

Contrast definitely helped out.  Presets not so much.

Like I said, i'd rather take advantage of all the new settings I have, but unfortunately I'm not quite sure what they all mean. 

25 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

why not check for display settings and change the colour ratio to your concern

I played around with those a little bit, but I prefer them to be balanced.

14 minutes ago, kingfurykiller said:

I played around with those a little bit, but I prefer them to be balanced.

sharpness then

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

2 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

sharpness then

Sharpness is what I'm going for; but I don't think I'm going to be able to get much more. 1080p at 27inches only gets so good.

I think I've got the contrast better. Blacks still look too bring, but the color is better.

I'm just not quiet sure what the best way to manage all these settings is.