Need help for 3 monitor setup

xeni

So I'm setting up my new rig, gonna run with this graphics card: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-AERO-11G-OC/Specification

I want to run 3 monitors on 1080p 144hz the original plan were to have one BenQ Zowie XL2430 and two BenQ Zowie XL2411

I'm really desperate for help on how to set this up, as graphics card has 3x DisplayPort 1.4 and 1x HDMI 2.0 but the XL2411 monitors doesn't have DisplayPorts, so how would I go about settings this up, the information I've gathered so far is that I'll need a DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link Active Adapter that'll cost around $100 - am I correct in this assumption? So basically is it even worth to save $100 each on the monitors to have to buy an adapter anyway when I can just get 3x XL2430 and plug them in after purchasing a DisplayPort cable? Also will a 1.2 DisplayPort cable be sufficient for 1080p 144hz.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

You could go from displayport to displayport for one of the monitors then get hdmi to displayport cables for the other 2 which display port to hdmi cables are fairly cheap.

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

9 minutes ago, xeni said:

So I'm setting up my new rig, gonna run with this graphics card: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-AERO-11G-OC/Specification

I want to run 3 monitors on 1080p 144hz the original plan were to have one BenQ Zowie XL2430 and two BenQ Zowie XL2411

I'm really desperate for help on how to set this up, as graphics card has 3x DisplayPort 1.4 and 1x HDMI 2.0 but the XL2411 monitors doesn't have DisplayPorts, so how would I go about settings this up, the information I've gathered so far is that I'll need a DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link Active Adapter that'll cost around $100 - am I correct in this assumption? So basically is it even worth to save $100 each on the monitors to have to buy an adapter anyway when I can just get 3x XL2430 and plug them in after purchasing a DisplayPort cable? Also will a 1.2 DisplayPort cable be sufficient for 1080p 144hz.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Yes, if you don't have a Dual-Link DVI port then you will need a $100 DP to DL-DVI converter to get 144 Hz on a BenQ XL2411Z. There is no reason to buy a new XL2411Z today, get monitors with DisplayPort.

DisplayPort 1.1 is sufficient for 1080p 144 Hz, DisplayPort 1.2 is sufficient for 1080p 240 Hz. However DisplayPort cables themselves do not have versions.

2 minutes ago, BryceJonathan said:

You could go from hdmi to hdmi for one of the monitors then get hdmi to displayport cables for the other 2 which display port to hdmi cables are fairly cheap.

The XL2411 is limited to 60 Hz over HDMI, and so is the XL2430.

Appreciate the reply, will DisplayPort to HDMI support 1080p 144hz is my question tho.

Thanks so much for the replies. Considering it's pretty much same price having to buy an adapter for the XL2411, basically I should just get 3x XL2430 and purchase 3x DisplayPort cables?

18 minutes ago, xeni said:

Thanks so much for the replies. Considering it's pretty much same price having to buy an adapter for the XL2411, basically I should just get 3x XL2430 and purchase 3x DisplayPort cables?

If you're set on BenQ then yes, though the XL2430 is very expensive for a 1080p 144 Hz monitor. There are less expensive options for equivalent spec like the XG2401 or the G2460PF.

8 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

If you're set on BenQ then yes, though the XL2430 is very expensive for a 1080p 144 Hz monitor. There are less expensive options for equivalent spec like the XG2401 or the G2460PF.

Well I need one at least for gaming with the black equalizer option, I'll look into the options you recommended, thank you.