Corsair link temp n2 is 127C

Ardy

What's going on with corsair link? I have a z370 Gaming pro carbon from MSI and themp n2 which is the motherboard is always between 77 and 127. Is that something to do with corsair link not working properly?

I don't think at 127C my MB would work.

Thanks for the help.

What CPU? Did you overclock?

It could be the VRM, run stress test and touch the heatsink. 

At idle, 127°C seems faulty to me.

77°C is possible.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

It's a pretty new platform and Link probably hasn't been updated yet to iron out all the bugs.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

27 minutes ago, dave_k said:

What CPU? Did you overclock?

It could be the VRM, run stress test and touch the heatsink. 

At idle, 127°C seems faulty to me.

77°C is possible.

It fluctuates between 77 and 127, 8600k at 5ghz.

I touched the motherboard everywhere while under load but nothing feels that hot. I'm sure if power delivery or vrm was at 127c i would get burned, but nothing feels that hot that i can't keep my fingers on it. Maybe it's just corsair link acting weird.

One is idle and the other one is under load. Didn't wait for it to reach 127 though. But the min is 77 and max is 127 always. I checked the temperatues with CPUID HWMonitor and nothing comes even close to 77 on the motherboard according to that.

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

1 hour ago, Brett_Bst said:

could you post a picture ?

Oh and for some reason FAN n2 which doesn't exist in my pc spins up to 30k rpm according to corsair link

With me happens the same...and go after the 127c, when it happens show a 1c. I'm worrried about that because my sistem blocked one time today when i play,the temps of the processor are good and the GPU too,do not have a error in console of the windows...i need see if it happens more times

msi z370 gaming m5

temMB.png

14 hours ago, JSI said:

With me happens the same...and go after the 127c, when it happens show a 1c. I'm worrried about that because my sistem blocked one time today when i play,the temps of the processor are good and the GPU too,do not have a error in console of the windows...i need see if it happens more times

msi z370 gaming m5

temMB.png

I did some testing myself with a laser thermometer and there is nothing that comes even close to 80 on my motherboard even though i'm overclocked to 5 ghz. It's just corsair link. Maybe with the next update they will fix it, Z370 is a new platform so it kinda makes sense. Don't worry about it.

5 hours ago, Ardy said:

I did some testing myself with a laser thermometer and there is nothing that comes even close to 80 on my motherboard even though i'm overclocked to 5 ghz. It's just corsair link. Maybe with the next update they will fix it, Z370 is a new platform so it kinda makes sense. Don't worry about it.

Yes, need be because the plataform Z370...it´s not possible this temperatures and the computer continues on...

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone - I can see that this is an old topic but I would like to share with you the same issue - in my case some MB Temp#5 sensor in Corsair Link shows 127 C and in a second it drops to 70 C and then goes back to 127 C then again 80 C (in a second) and again 127 C - it's impossible for a device to cool down by itself with 40-50 degrees C within a second... definitely it's some Corsair Link bug - my MB is Asus ROG rampage V edition 10 and the Corsair Link version is 4.9.4.28

image.png.2e2f456544378b900f84a49fc6a9edb9.png