SSD partitioning to prevent total failure

LOST TALE

Do you know the right software for such storage manipulation? I'm using the windows default one

Does formating an empty SSD write on it?

I realised I could use my SSD for windows ReadyBoost. It sounds like Intel SRT but less effective, what about that?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Ok im looking to partition my drive into 2 parts.

One with many files that will only be red.

One with files that may be re-written often

If one partition fails. Can I still use the other one?

I think yes, so long as the failures happens in the memory chip and not the controller. Though I question the effectiveness of this strategy in general. I could see it working with larger SSD's (128GB+)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I think yes, so long as the failures happens in the memory chip and not the controller. Though I question the effectiveness of this strategy in general. I could see it working with larger SSD's (128GB+)

I have a 256 GB SSD. im gonna back up bf4 back into my HDD. then re-partition my SSD.

I want to create a Partition Dedicated for my comp hibernation.

Do you have any idea how much space it will need/take?

I'm guessing it will need as much as the RAM that needs to be stored into the SSD, right?

Can you split already existing partitions?

Can you combinea lready existing partitions?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I have a 256 GB SSD. im gonna back up bf4 back into my HDD. then re-partition my SSD.

I want to create a Partition Dedicated for my comp hibernation.

Do you have any idea how much space it will need/take?

I'm guessing it will need as much as the RAM that needs to be stored into the SSD, right?

Can you split already existing partitions?

Can you combinea lready existing partitions?

Awesome.

As much RAM as you have. That's all.

If you get the right kind of software, you can do whatever you want.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Awesome.

As much RAM as you have. That's all.

If you get the right kind of software, you can do whatever you want.

Do you know the right software for such storage manipulation? I'm using the windows default one

Does formating an empty SSD write on it?

I realised I could use my SSD for windows ReadyBoost. It sounds like Intel SRT but less effective, what about that?