Still looking for a case

Owlman

I have been looking for a case to do a custom loop in for a long time now, like the 900D, Dark Base 900 Pro, among others. If I could justify the cost I'd go caselabs and be happy but that's not the case (pun not intended). 

Recently I was looking at the Lian Li PC-D600 and thought that with a little modding it would be perfect, but after taking a closer look it seems i can't fit a 45mm thick rad in the front of the main chamber when using a e-atx motherboard and a asus strix 1080ti .  Are there any similar cases out there that have nice water cooling support? 

I'll take other case recommendations as well.

BTW not looking for any thermaltake cases

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW

8 minutes ago, Owlman said:

BTW not looking for any thermaltake cases

Why not?

Just now, Vx0x said:

Why not?

I don't really like the look of any of them, but by all means name some and i'll have a look

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

58 minutes ago, Owlman said:

I don't really like the look of any of them, but by all means name some and i'll have a look

take a look at that:

No Airflow at the front at all, but you can make it "pretty"

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

1 hour ago, Owlman said:

Might be worth looking at (not sure if you like the square form factor)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133338

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, DarkSmith2 said:

No Airflow at the front at all, but you can make it "pretty"

I hate the no airflow trend. I much prefer a mesh front

Desktop Rig:

29 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Might be worth looking at (not sure if you like the square form factor)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133338

I've considered that case, but I don't like that the tempered glass side panel covers the bottom section of the case. Thanks for the suggestion.

Know of any double wide cases like the D600? I've seen the TT one but it looked really flimsy

Desktop Rig:

8 minutes ago, Owlman said:

I've considered that case, but I don't like that the tempered glass side panel covers the bottom section of the case. Thanks for the suggestion.

Know of any double wide cases like the D600? I've seen the TT one but it looked really flimsy

And if I recall correctly you did not like The Tower 900 either.... hmm.....

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Corsair Crystal 570X? Custom loops in that case are gorgeous

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/crystal-series-570x-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case

The tempered glass front does allow for plenty of airflow so that shouldn't be an issue. It also comes in red and white variants if that's your thing

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

And if I recall correctly you did not like The Tower 900 either.... hmm.....

I'm being really picky but that's because i want my next build to be "perfect"

Desktop Rig:

1 hour ago, Owlman said:

I'm being really picky but that's because i want my next build to be "perfect"

Im sorry to say, but then there is no way around caselabs to get as close to "perfect" as possible. SMA8 is on sale on Amazon right now. Depending on your configuration you can save some bucks if you buy.

https://www.amazon.com/CaseLabs-MAGNUM-Covers-Flex-Bay-Configuration/dp/B01F67NB8Y   (488,88$)

+

http://www.caselabs-store.com/flex-bay-120-3-360-fan-radiator-mount/ (39,95$)

to make it like Jayztwocents Skunkworks.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

1 hour ago, DarkSmith2 said:

Im sorry to say, but then there is no way around caselabs to get as close to "perfect" as possible. SMA8 is on sale on Amazon right now. Depending on your configuration you can save some bucks if you buy.

https://www.amazon.com/CaseLabs-MAGNUM-Covers-Flex-Bay-Configuration/dp/B01F67NB8Y   (488,88$)

+

http://www.caselabs-store.com/flex-bay-120-3-360-fan-radiator-mount/ (39,95$)

to make it like Jayztwocents Skunkworks.

Won't be able to get that now as I'm in the planning and saving money stage atm. Probably 6 months at least before it happens. I guess I'll just try to save some more money or hope that another case which is more suited for me is made.

Desktop Rig: