Any good legacy C/Y lenses?

Hi,

So still playing around with legacy lenses on my a6500 and realised that my mother had a couple lenses for an old Yashica slr. Namely a Tamron adaptall 2 28mm f2.5, a Tokina 80-200mm f4 and a Tokina 35-70mm f4. So I bought an adapter to try them out and to be honest, all of them are not great and I have better alternatives. So to get to the point, is there anything in terms of legacy lenses that may be easier and more cheaply to obtain with a C/Y mount than with other legacy mounts? Otherwise I'm just going to flip the adapter and be done with it.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, historicalpoultry said:

Hi,

So still playing around with legacy lenses on my a6500 and realised that my mother had a couple lenses for an old Yashica slr. Namely a Tamron adaptall 2 28mm f2.5, a Tokina 80-200mm f4 and a Tokina 35-70mm f4. So I bought an adapter to try them out and to be honest, all of them are not great and I have better alternatives. So to get to the point, is there anything in terms of legacy lenses that may be easier and more cheaply to obtain with a C/Y mount than with other legacy mounts? Otherwise I'm just going to flip the adapter and be done with it.

Thanks!

Doubt it. The Canon FD and Nikon F mount has a lot of great lenses avalible for quite decent prices. The Leica-M mount is also quite popular but those seems to be hard to find for cheap. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I'm sure you'll find something if you look hard enough, but I wouldn't expect a dumb adapter for the CY mount to have cost more than $10 anyway so its not like you've sunk that much into it anyway. 

M42 has some pretty cheap gems as well, like the pentacon 50mm 1.8 and helios 58mm f/2. 

For FD, here is a handy list of all FD lenses ever made: 

https://www.cameraplex.com/list-every-canon-fd-lens-ever-made/

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

C/Y mount Contax Zeiss glass is what you would expect from Zeiss, but obviously not cheap. There's a good thread on the reduser forums here: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?92044-Contax-Zeiss-Survival-Guide . If I were to build a set of lenses for video I'd be looking at finding some and adapting. Cheap compared to cine lenses but more expensive than a new lens from Nikon/Canon.