How much more $ for custom 980ti

User Name

Looking at used 980ti's found 3

$280 reference evga oc card

$300 strix 

$350 hybred liquid cooled

I had a reference 980 ti at one time and it OC'd pretty well are any of the others worth the price bump?

Or I was thinking I would wait to see what the 1070 ti brings, but still at $450 it will be way more $$$

1 minute ago, User Name said:

Or I was thinking I would wait to see what the 1070 ti brings, but still at $450 it will be way more $$$

300 bucks for a 980ti is a good deal

wow those are high prices, thats $100 over what you find cards like the STRIX at here in Sweden

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

wow those are high prices, thats $100 over what you find cards like the STRIX at here in Sweden

USD sorry I didn't specify 

If you don't care about noise, no. Personally, I'd take the Strix, or maybe even the hybrid card for the cool factor

Primary: CPU Core i7-4790K  |  MOBO Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H   |  RAM 24GB Crucial DDR3-1600 CL9  |  GPU XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition  |  CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio Silent 14  |  Case Cooler Master N400  |  PSU Corsair CXM 750 Watt |  Boot Drive 500GB Samsung 850 Evo  |  Storage 500GB WD Laptop HDD + 2TB Toshiba HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 4TB WD Blue HDD  |  Monitor Acer XG270HU  |  Secondary Monitor Nixeus VUE-24  |  Tertiary Monitor Sony SDM-HS53  |  OS Windows 10

Secondary: (down for maintenance) CPU Core 2 Quad Q9300  |  MOBO (Asus P5N-E arriving soon)  |  RAM 8GB DDR2-800  |  GPU Visiontek Radeon R9 270  | CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper T2  |  Case Rajintek Arcadia  |  PSU EVGA 500 BV  |  Boot Drive 240GB PNY SSD  |  Storage 120GB Seagate PATA HDD  |  Removable Drives Sony PATA DVD RW Drive + 3.5 inch Floppy Drive  |  Monitor HP S2031  |  OS Windows 10

*update*

Got the hybrid home, a little bummed out. This thing cannot oc well so far... stock boost was to like 1350 bumped it up 100mhz ran heaven 1 time fine but crashed in the 2nd benchmark. You would think 1450 of is doable when the card sits at 40c but must have lost the silicone lotto on this one...