Problem reinstalling windows

AnalogCanavity
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

FIrst of all, you should only have ONE drive connected to the PC while installing windows.

Otherwise you can seriously screw things up.

Next, you should delete all of the partitions you see there until there is only one "unallocated space" left.

15 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

So I exit out of the windows thing, how

You can press the red X at the top right of the window a few times and exit out of the installation.

So I am reinstalling windows, and it says I can’t do the Express installation, so I do the custom installation and it won’t let me do it on my m.2 because it says it’s a GPT partition style. I only have a M.2, 1 seagate 3tb HDD and a DVD thing. Don’t know what to do

Thanks

5B655EA2-1BA7-49D6-96E5-F029B0457C9D.thumb.jpeg.4f1801fa653f6258cf4380e1a63540bc.jpeg

B14B9EF3-A241-4C59-B1E7-16378F4F6226.jpeg

FED945ED-63B0-4E1E-8CB9-230A9DC55340.jpeg

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

Delete all of drive 1's partitions and install (if you dont need that data) Drive one appears to be your M.2 SSD.

Which OS version is this?

It won’t let me use it still

That picture still shows that it has stuff on it. Go into Windows and delete all partitions on it. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That picture still shows that it has stuff on it. Go into Windows and delete all partitions on it. 

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

PCPartPicker URL

For the express can I just go back and do that. But will it allow to delete the files that I currently have on my PC

image.jpg

PCPartPicker URL

Turn off your PC, physically remove the power to every drive but the one you want to install Windows to, and try that

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I have always been told by people who know more than I do that

you should unplug all other drives before installing your OS on an m.2.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

WAIT!

That is not the problem per se.

• If you have a UEFI based system, properly configured, you can ONLY boot from a drive with a partition table of type: GPT
  • If you have the old legacy BIOS, you can ONLY boot from a drive with a partition table of type: MBR

Is your UEFI properly configured? (if you are on a laptop or OEM computer, some configuration are not available)

• CSM (Compatibility Support Module) -> Disabled
  • SATA Controller set to AHCI mode
  • HPET (if you have select Intel CPU): Enabled and set to HPET 64-bit mode.
  • UEFI mode: Enabled (not set to Legacy). It may also be an option to say that you have "Windows 8" or "Windows 10", that is all the same thing. All it means is "A modern UEFI compatible OS is being installed and will run, and not Windows 7 or older OS"
  • XMP Profile set to: Profile 1
  • Nothing set to Legacy mode
  • Secure Boot enabled
  • Enable Fast Boot
  • Disable Startup Delay

Keep in mind that if you boot from the Disk or USB Flash drive that you pick the "EFI" option. For example: "EFI: SandDisk Extreme 32GB".

Due to M.2 being still new, and motherboard manufacture ID it as first or last or middle set of Controllers, to ensure that no boot partition of Windows end up in an HDD. I suggest that, during the installation of Windows, you ONLY plug your M.2 PCIe drive. Unplug all SATA cables. Once Windows is installed, shutdown your system, and NOW plug your HDD's. It is NORMAL that your system starts slower because of your HDDs. They need to spin up, and the UEFI needs to wait for them.

FIrst of all, you should only have ONE drive connected to the PC while installing windows.

Otherwise you can seriously screw things up.

Next, you should delete all of the partitions you see there until there is only one "unallocated space" left.

You can press the red X at the top right of the window a few times and exit out of the installation.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

Really, but it looks like drive one allocated space has barley any space left.

Thanks

PCPartPicker URL

15 hours ago, Snipergod87 said:

Delete all of drive 1's partitions and install (if you dont need that data) Drive one appears to be your M.2 SSD.

Which OS version is this?

I have windows 10 Pro, my PC specs are in the drop down tab, I’m pretty sure I have the lastest bios

PCPartPicker URL