Case for front mounted Rad & at least 6 3.5" HDD bays?

Aluavin

Hi fellow LTT followers,

I'm currently running a running a Define R5 PCGH Case with a front mounted Rad (i115h). I'd like the Idea of having an Intake through the Rad due to the fact that most cases provide a dust filter on the front. 

Since I started my NAS System (50€ for everything except HDDs) based on Unraid in a Node 304 and everything runs well right now.

My PC is now like 2 Years old so due to my urge of Upgrade, I started planning my new System. Now where even Intel provides more Cores I was thinking about merging both Systems into one. But therefore I need a bigger Case (in terms of length) since in every F*CKN case I found you have to sacrifice HDD Bays when you want to mount the Rad in the front.

So can someone suggest me a case where I can mount the Rad in the Front, have >= 6 3.5 HDD bays and if possible is isolated? 

4 minutes ago, Aluavin said:

Hi fellow LTT followers,

I'm currently running a running a Define R5 PCGH Case with a front mounted Rad (i115h). I'd like the Idea of having an Intake through the Rad due to the fact that most cases provide a dust filter on the front. 

Since I started my NAS System (50€ for everything except HDDs) based on Unraid in a Node 304 and everything runs well right now.

My PC is now like 2 Years old so due to my urge of Upgrade, I started planning my new System. Now where even Intel provides more Cores I was thinking about merging both Systems into one. But therefore I need a bigger Case (in terms of length) since in every F*CKN case I found you have to sacrifice HDD Bays when you want to mount the Rad in the front.

So can someone suggest me a case where I can mount the Rad in the Front, have >= 6 3.5 HDD bays and if possible is isolated? 

I would just top mount the RAD tbh, I dont know of any case that has 6 in the front That you can keep with a rad (Hell I dont know many new cases that natively have 6 HDD bays anymore, theyre going the way of the dodo)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I would just top mount the RAD tbh, I dont know of any case that has 6 in the front That you can keep with a rad (Hell I dont know many new cases that natively have 6 HDD bays anymore, theyre going the way of the dodo)

Then the case needs to be open on top and I don't want this due to noise/dust falling in. I know that my requirements will come with a price.

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

purebase from bequiet?

sadly only has 3x 3.25 and 2x 5.25 and therefore has space for  5 HDDs. Plus on their Photos, they route the tubing of the AiO through the 5.25 bay.ImageServer.php?ID=f809aa9318@be-quiet.n 

Just now, Aluavin said:

Then the case needs to be open on top and I don't want this due to noise/dust falling in. I know that my requirements will come with a price.

No worries, there are a good few amount of cases that can do this with an open top!

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG (though, this requires purchase of seperate brackets to get up tp 6)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2mQRsY/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-es515ptg_bk

Phantkes Enthoo Luxe TG (bigger than the R5)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/78zZxr/phanteks-enthoo-luxe-tempered-glass-black-atx-full-tower-case-ph-es614ltg_bk

Corsair 750D (No TG)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Rwhj4D/corsair-case-cc9011078ww

Dark Base Pro 900 (Expensive AF)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/D4M323/be-quiet-dark-base-pro-900-black-atx-full-tower-case-bgw11 

NZXT H440 (not the best airflow)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gwzZxr/nzxt-case-cah442wm1

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@Aluavin,

Like @TVwazhere said, it is going to be hard to find a case with those specs. If you could settle for four or five 5.25 bays, you could get hotswap racks that will fit 5 3.5" drives. I was considering going that route but had changed my mind.

Some cases that @TVwazhere mentioned, are pretty good. 

I'm looking at selling my Thermaltake Level 10 GT if you're interested. ?

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

26 minutes ago, dual290x said:

@Aluavin,

Like @TVwazhere said, it is going to be hard to find a case with those specs. If you could settle for four or five 5.25 bays, you could get hotswap racks that will fit 5 3.5" drives. I was considering going that route but had changed my mind.

Some cases that @TVwazhere mentioned, are pretty good. 

I'm looking at selling my Thermaltake Level 10 GT if you're interested. ?

The level 10 GT only has 5 Drive bayss tho :(

He could convert the extra 5.25" bays into 3.5" bays though.......

19 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

so yeah. thought about this one also. top rad, even when I run into problems with air pressure when the rad-attached fans increase theirs spinning. so I'll delay my decision to when I finally buy the pc in early 2018. Maybe a miracle happens and we see a define r6 or smth.