I give up. My computer never has worked right. I hate windows.

Melano

I've had this a year, and it has managed to NEVER work right. Built it myself, installed two OS on two SSD's, did all the proper driver installs, did all the settings, and nothing ever lasts for more than three months before my computer decides to say fuck you and screw itself up. I do not udnerstand why Windows does this. At all.

Windows 7 doesnt run smooth and its animations are very noticeably not smooth.

my windows 10 install kept fucking with me in every way that it could, and when i finally went in and saw how much ILLEGAL SHIT this OS was doing, i fucking nuked the entire drive that it was on. Keylogging, going against permissions set, going around hosts file, going around privacy settings, spying on every damn thing i do. Holy shit . HOLY SHIT. Fuck Windows 10. No fucking wonder Luke doesn't use this shit. How can anyone use it?

Dude, I honestly don't even know what to tell the forum here. Just, what the fuck is wrong with microsft's OS's? I'm really starting to hate computers now. I legit am considering going back to consoles JUST BECAUSE im so fucking fed up with parts, software and hardware never feeling the fucking need to work FUCKING PROPERLY. I'm so tired of having to REINSTALL EVERYTHING everytime windows decides it doesnt wanna work, and wants to screw up everything. There are no viruses, no malware, no nothing. I have scanned and scanned, and done SFC SCANNOWS, virus malware scans, fuck this operating system dude.

i just dont know what the fuck to do anymore.

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

Maybe set it up properly? Ive never had a problem with anything. The biggest problem ive had is when i overclock too high

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

4 minutes ago, Melano said:

Pen and paper has never looked so good.

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Just now, Ashiella said:

Maybe set it up properly? Ive never had a problem with anything. The biggest problem ive had is when i overclock too high

I dont know how! I just threw it together slot to slot, put the stuff i knew was needed and went along! What do i even do? ive never overclocked. i dont know how

"We're gunna blow this mother♥♥♥♥er up." - Barret FFVII Abridged, in regards to the Mako Factory.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STAIRS?!" - Eddy (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy), while sneaking Ed out of his room.

Just now, Melano said:

I dont know how! I just threw it together slot to slot, put the stuff i knew was needed and went along! What do i even do? ive never overclocked. i dont know how

Although windows 10 has a bunch of privacy issues and stuff id suggest using it anyway, or windows 8 although its garbage, win 7 is being tossed out by some companies like ubisoft. Make sure to not install random garbage and always optimize your boot load in the task manager so that it starts up smoothly, any particular questions you have about anything? Being so vague is hard to give an answer for

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

Is there a reason you need 2 OSes? Just reformat them both and install windows 10 on 1 SSD for now until you are confident you have it set up right. What are the rest of your system specs?

3 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Although windows 10 has a bunch of privacy issues and stuff id suggest using it anyway, or windows 8 although its garbage, win 7 is being tossed out by some companies like ubisoft. Make sure to not install random garbage and always optimize your boot load in the task manager so that it starts up smoothly, any particular questions you have about anything? Being so vague is hard to give an answer for

I cant help but be vague! Nothing ever has worked and I don't even know where to start. If I cant block all Win 10's bullshit, I'm never using it again. If I have to, I'll buy an external firewall to kill it.

3 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Make sure to not install random garbage

This.

If you're installing software and all you do is click "nextnextnextOK", you're asking for trouble. Especially if some of your software installers come with OpenCandy and shoves crapware into your system.

And if you want a place to start, you can start by installing the bare minimum to get things going. And I don't mean installing just the things you need and mindlessly clicking "nextnextnextOK", but actually making sure you're only installing what you need. Like whenever I install NVIDIA's drivers, I uncheck like half the boxes including GFE because I don't need any of that crap.

Well anyway, at the end of the day, there's always Linux.

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Is there a reason you need 2 OSes? Just reformat them both and install windows 10 on 1 SSD for now until you are confident you have it set up right. What are the rest of your system specs?

Never using 10 again until I can completely block all spying BS.

6 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

This.

If you're installing software and all you do is click "nextnextnextOK", you're asking for trouble. Especially if some of your software installers come with OpenCandy and shoves crapware into your system.

And if you want a place to start, you can start by installing the bare minimum to get things going. And I don't mean installing just the things you need and mindlessly clicking "nextnextnextOK", but actually making sure you're only installing what you need. Like whenever I install NVIDIA's drivers, I uncheck like half the boxes including GFE because I don't need any of that crap.

I make sure to do that.(bare minimum) I don't install horse shit. But this IS a gaming/streaming rig, and I can't handle all the interruptions. OBs/Xsplit, Chrome, Games, so on. Steam, Uplay.

Just now, TheKalmTraveler said:

Layer 8 Problem I guess.

No, its not. I don't need a smartass smurf account coming in here either.

If we're doing all the things we're suggesting you do and we don't run into problems and yet you do, then either you're still doing something wrong or your have a gremlin in your system. It's easy to blame software for all the problems in the world, but that's a tunnel visioned viewpoint. I mean, if you've done a minimalist software configuration and you still have problems, then it's likely not the OS. Your hardware may be at fault.

I was very amused watching the wan show this week Linus and Luke spazzing about their win10 issues... I went in and mutilated a ton of windows stuff and it has been flawless at every turn, honestly I'm a little impressed that it works, then again, I guess I know why I don't have issues xD

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

I was very amused watching the wan show this week Linus and Luke spazzing about their win10 issues... I went in and mutilated a ton of windows stuff and it has been flawless at every turn, honestly I'm a little impressed that it works, then again, I guess I know why I don't have issues xD

Another unhelpful post.

1 minute ago, Melano said:

Another unhelpful post.

you can remove a lot of windows bloatware using ccleaner, you can disable a ton of win10 telemetry with tools https://www.geckoandfly.com/25083/free-tools-disable-stop-windows-spying-tracking-you/  and the settings menu has quite a lot of options that allow you to limit microsoft based on its own rules, such as marking that you have a metered connection (settings>network & internet>status/change connections properties) But I'm not even gonna try to walk you through the registry tweaks and hackery I've gone through... I'm pretty sure it's overkill anyway

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

33 minutes ago, Melano said:

No, its not. I don't need a smartass smurf account coming in here either.

Smurfs are against the ToS, so is that remark.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why don't you send a screen shot of all the programs installed,  what's running in that background and etc. 

I've never had windows issues and most caststrophic issues are user enabled. It may have been an accident,  but that's something we can help you find.  

Also if you want help trouble shooting having too read holy shit fucking sucks shit fuck line after line isn't help solve your problem.  

I'm starting to guess that having windows 10 work faultlessly is pretty much like the silicon lottery when it comes to processors and overclocking.

Once I'm going through the initial parts of the setup, I never use the express settings and turn pretty much everything off (and check it again in settings to make 100% sure everything is off).

Once I'm through all that, I go on to removing the bloatware that is shovelled into the OS like candy crush (I haven't bother with any of the garbage that can't be removed, but that can be done through commands in powershell), and it's pretty much stable apart from when what I refer to as windows crap-ality telemetry rears it's ugly head which always gets an insta kill in task manager.

There is supposedly a way to disable all the telemetry without any third party software by locating the hidden folder all the telemetry data is stored and removing all access permissions to it, but I don't know if it is indeed accurate and if it is where the folder is located.

Wipe all drives and install linux?

or try w10privacy @ www.winprivacy.de I have used it but depending on your trust of software written from other countries and validity of the name :P it does what it is meant to do disable file in registry and hidden in the system to make it less bloated. 

Operator error plain and simple getting pissed off because your being told how to do something is going to get you nowhere windows 10 is not planting little gremlins inside your system that's for sure!

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410