The stuff I gathered from LTX 2017

NTDaws

This is all the stuff I gathered from LTX 2017, I would like to point out that this was the best day of my life, meeting Linus is so important to me, so I am glad I paid over $350 dollars to drive from Edmonton, Alberta to Surrey, BC. I got to meet Colton, Dennis, Maxine, Luke, Linus, Jake, and everyone else.

I would like to say thank you for doing this @LinusTech you fulfilled one of my dreams.

Next year if it is available, I will be buying the $500 VIP ticket.

I would enjoy to visit the office and get a sneak peak for myself. I did drive to the office, I met colton while they were unloading the giveaways into the U-Haul van.

And thanks again @CPotter for the pictures.

See you guys next LTX.

Please tag Linus in this, I would just like him to know he did an awesome job.

The plastic wrap is from this video lol: 

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

The geek himself.

Just now, Himommies said:

Toronto is so far away from that side

first day I drove 6 hours, the next I drove the other 6.

The geek himself.

Just now, Being Delirious said:

I would have to drive 3 times that

My life

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

Just now, Himommies said:

I would have to drive 3 times that

I would have to fly there lol

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

21 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

I'm from Ottawa, minimum drive for me is 46h :/ 46/6 = 7.6 days of driving just to get there

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

29 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I'm from Ottawa, minimum drive for me is 46h :/ 46/6 = 7.6 days of driving just to get there

That's nuts lol. I've thought about driving across the country but then I realize just how much time driving that would be. :P 

Too bad I'm all the way in Long Island

@CPotter I am in South Louisiana and I was going to build my first pc for 8th grade graduation but now I am going to build a lesser pc and fly to canada for LTX 2018... :D

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

On 10/16/2017 at 5:49 PM, Himommies said:

Toronto is so far away from that side

Actually debating driving there next year.

Im in Mississauga.

Hopefully my echo with 300 000km holds up lol

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

6 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Carpooling would be an interesting way to get to know some fellow LTTers along the way ;)

Awesome post though, man. Glad you had a great time :)

@LinusTechI wonder who i would carpool with in Louisiana! :D

4 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Carpooling would be an interesting way to get to know some fellow LTTers along the way ;)

Awesome post though, man. Glad you had a great time :)

I did, thank you!

The geek himself.

7 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

@LinusTechI wonder who i would carpool with in Louisiana! :D

Wondering if anyone wants to carpool from florida :D

Just now, Siedge said:

Wondering if anyone wants to carpool from florida :D

We could meet up! :D

2 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

We could meet up! :D

I kind only imagine how long of a trip that would be o.O

Just now, Siedge said:

I kind only imagine how long of a trip that would be o.O

From where I am in LA it is 39 hours... long car ride... I am saving up money to fly

1 minute ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

From where I am in LA it is 39 hours... long car ride... I am saving up money to fly

Yeah, I was thinking about going to the last one but the idea of going out on my own always seems to scare me with those, maybe this time around I'll get over it and do it.

@CPotter You guys should give forum badges to attendees of LTX 2018. Just a suggestion. 

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

Just now, Douglas The Duck said:

@CPotter You guys should give forum badges to attendees of LTX 2018. Just a suggestion. 

We've asked this before.

The geek himself.

Just now, Douglas The Duck said:

That would be cool

1 minute ago, Siedge said:

Yeah, I was thinking about going to the last one but the idea of going out on my own always seems to scare me with those, maybe this time around I'll get over it and do it.

I am only 13 so I am flying with my mom

Just now, Being Delirious said:

We've asked this before.

Guess I missed the memo. 

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

Honestly if I had the time and could afford to take off work for About 2.5 to 3 weeks in the summer (during the year I am a college student), I would totally take a week or so both ways to road trip it out to Canada from the States instead of flying.

I went and road tripped with my grandparents and sister to Seattle a few years back and that we took about a week to get there (a lot better and fun cause we stopped and saw stuff) and we took 3 days to get back (that sucked). That was a fun trip.

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm