X79 Motherboard

Recently my Asus p6td deluxe x58 motherboard that I was running with an x5650, went bad and im kinda short on money to buy a mobo/cpu/ram, and I have an i7 3930k sitting in my collection that a friend gave to me, I was just wondering if anyone has an x79 mobo that they'd be willing to sell. There's a few on eBay that im looking at but they're on bid, but im not too sure if they'll end within my price range or if i'll win the bid at all lol. I'm looking for something at max $150 so, if anyone has anything they'd be willing to part with around or lower than that price let me know please.

10 minutes ago, HellSoldyr said:

As a side option, you could consider selling what you got and hopping on AM4 for the long haul. Would be a downgrade for now though. Hopefully you'd get enough for an R5 1600

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tVbggL
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tVbggL/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($109.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team - Dark 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $239.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-16 14:50 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

A friend of mine upgraded to and r5 1600x and, I'm borrowing his old FX8350 and mobo, but I'd really like to get this 3930k running cause jesus. that 8350 is garbo lol

2 minutes ago, HellSoldyr said:

A friend of mine upgraded to and r5 1600x and, I'm borrowing his old FX8350 and mobo, but I'd really like to get this 3930k running cause jesus. that 8350 is garbo lol

Should still be fine for 60hz gaming, did you OC it to 4.5ghz? I'm not sure it's worth sticking to an older platform, as the next time your motherboard dies it'll be even harder to replace.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I got the 8350 to 4.8ghz. I'm just looking to see if I CAN find something reasonable, if not then i'll run the 8350 and save up till I can get a 8700k or ryzen 7 or something.

Posts like this generally aren't allowed in the forums. You can post something in the Classifieds section.

Good luck finding an X79 motherboard for a decent deal though, because of the cheap Xeon processors on offer now the boards get snapped up pretty fast, and for frankly ridiculous pricing. You'd probably have better luck snagging something on Reddit, or perhaps your local classifieds.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'm running the ram from my old x58 board in my friends 8350 now so, the ram is good, just my x58 board is what went bad, after 7 years of running an i7 920 at 4.2ghz and one year of x5650 at 5ghz I'm not too mad it went out, it served me well for a long time.

I was looking at those Chinese mobos, just wanted to see if I could get a used name brand board before resorting to the Chinese one, if at all.

I just got offered an Intel dx79to for $100, that board any good?