Peeling stickers off void warranty?

Freeeeezy

I'm about to RMA my PSU and send it back to EVGA, but I already peeled the stickers off to make it look better. In doing this, did I void the warranty?

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

Just now, rip said:

The warranty sticker?

I don't think so. Just the sticker on the side so it's just blank

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

3 minutes ago, Freeeeese said:

I'm about to RMA my PSU and send it back to EVGA, but I already peeled the stickers off to make it look better. In doing this, did I void the warranty?

Hard to say, depends on whether or not the guy on the other end (the people doing the RMA) got any sleep last night.  Usually though, removing or cutting of the stickers / labels is an indication to the maker that the thing has been opened and if they determine that it has been opened, then you're boat went out to sea with out a paddle and you're sunk.

29 minutes ago, Freeeeese said:

Yes, you did.

Especially if there is no serialnumber no more and also nothing else on the PSU that identifys it....

Also the Warranty Void sticker should be there as well.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

There is a federal law written in 1975 called Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which states those void warranty stickers are actually illegal.

The loss of a serial identifier is what would be the real problem.

17 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

There is a federal law written in 1975 called Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which states those void warranty stickers are actually illegal.

The loss of a serial identifier is what would be the real problem.

Yes.  Legally, the only thing on that PSU that can void your warranty if removed is the serial number sticker.  But that is typically on the spec label, not the side label.  So if the side labels are removed and not the spec label and/or serial number sticker, they can't legally give you grief.

I still have the serial number, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to register the product and do the RMA online.

• 1 month later...

there is actually a way to peel off any sticker from any surface without messing up the sticker and leave virtually no adhesive residue what so ever! all you need is a razor blade and a can of WD40! you just use the razor blade to peal the corner of the sticker to start it and then shoot WD40 under the sticker while pealing it slowly and keeping a shot of WD40 under the sticker!