Audio Visual Tech (Professional)

Go to solution Solved by D Levy,
3 hours ago, DJCode said:

I thought it might be cool to at very least have a basic introduction into this industry to those who might be interested in getting into it, or wish to understand more about live event operations.  Again I know this might not happen but would be cool if something to this extent was explored by them.

I personally work in the industry in the North East United States for a freelance AV company.  I have a few clips from previous shows on my YT channel if any of you are interested in our setup and if you might have questions feel free to ask me.

I'm in Las Vegas, with the new t-mobile arena, the NHL golden knights, and Raiders moving in with a new stadium.. live production is booming, BUT it's still a VERY small group of people working in that field. And it's that way across the states. And taking on apprentices in those small groups is even rarer because they want to maintain their work... if they train someone new, the risk of that young buck becoming a competitor is high. Generally speaking.. but.. really... I think LTT is the wrong channel / group to expect something like this from. I'm sure you could agree after re-evaluating.

Hello everyone,

Does anyone here aside myself feel that LTT should start to do segments for professional audio, and lighting equipment.  The kind of gear used in live events, concerts, and dances I'm talking about.  They could bring on someone to do reviews of powered and unpowered PA systems, various lighting desks and how to program lights, and how to produce live video content.  This would be a welcome addition to all the computer tech that is already discussed,

Respectfully,

-DJ Code

As cool as it'd be, most of that would probably be a bit outside their audience. I'd enjoy it, but I can't say everyone else, or even most of the current audience would.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I've moonlit as a producer for your industry, telling you.. it's super niche... would be cool and informative to watch but not really helpful except to a handful of people who don't talk to others in the industry about these things. Your industry knows what's best to use for a scenario by word of mouth typically. And not many, expect those not typically working or are new, are searching for answers on YouTube from my experience. I have not met one old timer who is an avid youtuber. Have you?

My mining journey

I thought it might be cool to at very least have a basic introduction into this industry to those who might be interested in getting into it, or wish to understand more about live event operations.  Again I know this might not happen but would be cool if something to this extent was explored by them.

I personally work in the industry in the North East United States for a freelance AV company.  I have a few clips from previous shows on my YT channel if any of you are interested in our setup and if you might have questions feel free to ask me.

If they would need to bring in someone to do the content, you already know its out of score for them. They can do enthusiast grade camera gear since they already have camera-nerd in house (idk how into Max is to that stuff and since she isn't (yet) comfortable in front of camera...). Spinning off to completely separated section of audiophiles (already niche group) is just going too far.

In this context even Linus talking about small business networking gear sounds better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, DJCode said:

I'm in Las Vegas, with the new t-mobile arena, the NHL golden knights, and Raiders moving in with a new stadium.. live production is booming, BUT it's still a VERY small group of people working in that field. And it's that way across the states. And taking on apprentices in those small groups is even rarer because they want to maintain their work... if they train someone new, the risk of that young buck becoming a competitor is high. Generally speaking.. but.. really... I think LTT is the wrong channel / group to expect something like this from. I'm sure you could agree after re-evaluating.

My mining journey