Migrate All of non-windows data

Ok so i have been told not to use raid 0 with my system and so i will move onto having an os drive 250gb and 2 1tb for storage because i do indeed use lots of space

is there a software which lets me move my windows files to a new hdd or do i need full re-install and also is there a program which lets me migrate non-windows data to a new drive NOT SSD

Ok so i have been told not to use raid 0 with my system and so i will move onto having an os drive 250gb and 2 1tb for storage because i do indeed use lots of space

is there a software which lets me move my windows files to a new hdd or do i need full re-install and also is there a program which lets me migrate non-windows data to a new drive NOT SSD

Nothing wrong with RAID-0 unless you don't make periodic backups since there's no redundancy at all.

What do you mean by non-windows data? Your personal files? What I'd do is copy and paste all your files (eg. My Documents) over to the 1TB drive. Then use the free Acronis from Seagate/WD (if you have one of those drives) or something like Macrium Reflect Free to migrate your OS over to the SSD.

Why should you not use RAID0?

Nothing wrong with RAID-0 unless you don't make periodic backups since there's no redundancy at all.

What do you mean by non-windows data? Your personal files? What I'd do is copy and paste all your files (eg. My Documents) over to the 1TB drive. Then use the free Acronis from Seagate/WD (if you have one of those drives) or something like Macrium Reflect Free to migrate your OS over to the SSD.

ive been told not to use if because the budget i gave people was not enough to spend on a good raid card and is the money better spent on upgrading system if i did have enough for a good raid card

i want to move all programs and files non windows related

Hardware RAID cards are not necessary for simple RAID like 0 or 1. It's really only needed for more complex levels like 5 and 6 where parity calculations are required. The Intel software raid would work fine.

Files can be moved by copying and pasting like I said. Programs would need to be reinstalled. You cannot just move them because there are various registry entries and tie it to the original disk it was installed on. Steam would be an exception because you can move the common folder and steam.exe anywhere and it'll still run fine.

Hardware RAID cards are not necessary for simple RAID like 0 or 1. It's really only needed for more complex levels like 5 and 6 where parity calculations are required. The Intel software raid would work fine.

Files can be moved by copying and pasting like I said. Programs would need to be reinstalled. You cannot just move them because there are various registry entries and tie it to the original disk it was installed on. Steam would be an exception because you can move the common folder and steam.exe anywhere and it'll still run fine.

thanks that helps a lot 

also i have an nforce 780i and for raid 0 would you recommend it ill be backing up stuff like actual data with the system image or should i not include the programs in a backup onto a 250gb or my nas server

thanks that helps a lot 

also i have an nforce 780i and for raid 0 would you recommend it ill be backing up stuff like actual data with the system image or should i not include the programs in a backup onto a 250gb or my nas server

I have never used an Nvidia based RAID, not sure how good they are. Everything should be backed up. Here's my setup:

128GB SSD (OS and programs only)

2x2TB RAID 0 (Personal files)

For the SSD I use Acronis to make a complete disk image once a week to my NAS.

For the RAID-0 I do a daily sync of all files using FreeFileSync to NAS.

Acronis True Image 2014?

ill go and look up peoples reviews and stuff on the mobo =D

i might move my system to the 250gb and run raid 0 on the 2 1tb hdd's for personal stuff

would you recommend a program for os migration? if you cant its ok

thanks soo much you have been a great help shame there is no rating system ill give you likes on this topic =D