Silent Base 600 (window) Actually Quieter than other Cases?

nzpancakes
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,

AIO water coolers are actually in some instances louder because of the pump noise. 

There is actually a silence factor, and it is one of the more silent cases on the market

meshify noise

Current Situation Report: My computer (8 Months) is very loud and I cannot put the back on it due to large cables.

Solution: Buy new Case and Cpu Cooler

Question 1: Will the Silent Base 600(Window) actually be quieter than other cases like the NZXT S340 if it had the same fans? Or is the "Silent" part just another fake advertising thing?)

Question 2: Would the Dark Rock 3 be hovering over my ram or just short of them? Any Suggestions better than this that arent brown? (Noctua)

Question 3: Would these improvements be useless because of how loud the power supply's fan is?

Question 4: Anyone willing to buy a psu, case, and air cooler by any chance? :D

PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hXkKzM

P.s. I did see this video but it adds aftermarket foam in places where the stock cases don't have padding https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n624lbIcx8&t=1s

It is quieter but I would keep your current case and spend your money on a AIO or better fans if you care about noise

My life

6 minutes ago, Himommies said:

It is quieter but I would keep your current case and spend your money on a AIO or better fans if you care about noise

The reason I am getting a new case is not because of the noise, its because I cannot get the back panel on. Im just getting the cpu cooler as an addition.

1 minute ago, nzpancakes said:

The reason I am getting a new case is not because of the noise, its because I cannot get the back panel on. Im just getting the cpu cooler as an addition.

get a really cheap case and like a h100i

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

I Dont want to put watercooling in my first pc and ruin it. I dont even want to take any risk.

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Thanks for trying to help though! :D

Just now, nzpancakes said:

Thanks for trying to help though! :D

?

If your goal is to be the quitest then a much better CPU cooler will be much better

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

?

If your goal is to be the quitest then a much better CPU cooler will be much better

Yes, but I want a quiet AIR cooler due to the lesser space taken up and significantly less risk.

significantly less risk.

I mean most offer 5 year warranties

quiet AIR cooler due to the lesser space taken up

Im pretty sure water coolers are smaller

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

:/ Not to be rude, but I really dont want a water cooler and would am never going to get one anytime soon.

:/ Not to be rude, but I really dont want a water cooler and would am never going to get one anytime soon.

Just get whatever case you want then.I would recommend a Notua cooler though

My life

4 hours ago, Himommies said:

Yes and have way more fluid and can leak.

So a normal air cooler will be the better choice and will last forever, not just 5 Years.

There isn't much that can go wrong with it, besides the fans. It might loose a bit of cooling power however.

With those Liquid Coolers you propagate there is the pump wich can be annoying according to some people and also the tubing is made of rubber wich also will go wrong at some point.

So you have at least two more points of failure as for normal Air Coolers there is nothing to go wrong - no Pump, no rubber tubing, just a piece of metal with some metal tubes...

It might corrode a bit, if you're unlucky, but there really isn't much to go wrong here...

No and you have to find a place to mount the radiator.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

AIO water coolers are actually in some instances louder because of the pump noise. 

There is actually a silence factor, and it is one of the more silent cases on the market

meshify noise

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

meshify noise

Yo! Thats actually very helpful! Thank you so much!

14 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Yes and have way more fluid and can leak.

So a normal air cooler will be the better choice and will last forever, not just 5 Years.

There isn't much that can go wrong with it, besides the fans. It might loose a bit of cooling power however.

With those Liquid Coolers you propagate there is the pump wich can be annoying according to some people and also the tubing is made of rubber wich also will go wrong at some point.

So you have at least two more points of failure as for normal Air Coolers there is nothing to go wrong - no Pump, no rubber tubing, just a piece of metal with some metal tubes...

It might corrode a bit, if you're unlucky, but there really isn't much to go wrong here...

No and you have to find a place to mount the radiator.

Thank you as well.

You can find more specifics also as how each case affects thermals here 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3081-cooler-master-master-case-h500p-review-poor-quality-and-airflow/page-2

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Oh! On a different note, can you explain why there are circlular holes on the backs of cases nowadays? I mean, im guessing water cooling but im not sure how that would even work.

16 hours ago, nzpancakes said:

Oh! On a different note, can you explain why there are circlular holes on the backs of cases nowadays? I mean, im guessing water cooling but im not sure how that would even work.

Yep! Mostly used for external custom cooling solutions. Significantly less common to use now, and is more of a legacy thing (kinda like how some motherboards still include VGA ports and the original PCI (non -e) slots

Capture.PNG.5db529a6882c649f1a2d68d67e854df5.PNG