New Build New Case

ImperfectSoul47

Hello. Here is my current parts list:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/m3talsnake13/saved/d8H2RB

I'm either going to go with Ryzen 7 1700X or Intel i7-8700K, haven't decided yet. I was considering of re-using my Thermaltake Chaser MK-I case, but I want a smaller case. I was considering the Cooler Master Mastercase 5, but from comparing the dimensions and weight, it looks to be the same size as the Chaser MK-I, even though it's a mid-tower. Does anyone have any pics comparing a Mastercase 5 to a full tower case?

For now, I've settled on the Fractal Design Focus G, but the size of the Noctua is cutting it close with the max CPU cooler size of the case. The Focus G also doesn't have a PSU shroud or easily-removable dust filters. I've also read reviews that cable management is not that great.

What I'm looking for in a case:
Mid-tower

Removable Dust Filters

PSU Shroud

Cable Management

Front mesh

Windowed Side Panel

At least 2 5.25" drive bays

Can anybody help or suggest any case?

21 minutes ago, M3talSnake13 said:

I'm either going to go with Ryzen 7 1700X or Intel i7-8700K, haven't decided yet. I was considering of re-using my Thermaltake Chaser MK-I case, but I want a smaller case. I was considering the Cooler Master Mastercase 5, but from comparing the dimensions and weight, it looks to be the same size as the Chaser MK-I, even though it's a mid-tower. Does anyone have any pics comparing a Mastercase 5 to a full tower case?

For now, I've settled on the Fractal Design Focus G, but the size of the Noctua is cutting it close with the max CPU cooler size of the case. The Focus G also doesn't have a PSU shroud or easily-removable dust filters. I've also read reviews that cable management is not that great.

What I'm looking for in a case:
Mid-tower

Removable Dust Filters

PSU Shroud

Cable Management

Front mesh

Windowed Side Panel

At least 2 5.25" drive bays

Can anybody help or suggest any case?

Can I make you a build?

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

3 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Can I make you a build?

Sure! I'd be interested to see what you come up with

Just now, M3talSnake13 said:

Sure! I'd be interested to see what you come up with

Whats your Budget?

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Just now, Killstreak said:

Whats your Budget?

Around $2500...I've still got a ways to go on saving up.

24 minutes ago, M3talSnake13 said:

Spending $2300 on a full system and youre only getting a $50 case? Come now good sir, we can do much better than that!

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG ($99)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854042&cm_re=pro_m_tg-_-11-854-042-_-Product

If you can ditch the ODD's you can get one better

Fractal Design Meshify C ($89)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352072&cm_re=meshify-_-11-352-072-_-Product

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, M3talSnake13 said:

Around $2500...I've still got a ways to go on saving up.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bWgN8K

Can I ask, why Windows 7? You're gonna have a hell of a time getting W7 to work on a Ryzen system, so GLHF with that. Same goes for Kaby Lake and newer Intel CPUs.

Also, why the cheaper Fractal Case? There isn't any grommeting or much in the way of features, just function.

Your GPU is OP for your monitor choice. A 1070 would do fine for 1080P ultrawide.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

21 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Can I ask, why Windows 7? You're gonna have a hell of a time getting W7 to work on a Ryzen system, so GLHF with that. Same goes for Kaby Lake and newer Intel CPUs.

Also, why the cheaper Fractal Case? There isn't any grommeting or much in the way of features, just function.

Your GPU is OP for your monitor choice. A 1070 would do fine for 1080P ultrawide.

I already have some windows 7 keys...

It's a placeholder for now. I was looking at the Cooler Master Mastercase 5 or re-using my Thermaltake Chaser MK-I, but I want a smaller case. I'm still looking, hence this post. 

I will also be connecting this computer to a 4K TV

1 minute ago, M3talSnake13 said:

That's a pretty decent build. 

I prefer air over water, due to potential leaks.

Why SLI? Isn't SLI pretty much dead?

No. Now a days You can set one card to do more work then the other so the other one can take off load from CPU For physx And the cpu can do other things. 

1 hour ago, M3talSnake13 said:

I already have some windows 7 keys...

It's a placeholder for now. I was looking at the Cooler Master Mastercase 5 or re-using my Thermaltake Chaser MK-I, but I want a smaller case. I'm still looking, hence this post. 

I will also be connecting this computer to a 4K TV

OK, I'm not sure if Microsoft will let you use your Windows 7 key as a Windows 10 key anymore, but I guess you'll find out. That said, you're not going to be able to install Windows 7 on either of those systems without some real trickery which is why I suggested Windows 10.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

16 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

OK, I'm not sure if Microsoft will let you use your Windows 7 key as a Windows 10 key anymore, but I guess you'll find out. That said, you're not going to be able to install Windows 7 on either of those systems without some real trickery which is why I suggested Windows 10.

I'm sure I can figure something out. If not, then I'll have to buy Windows 10 or get a key from somewhere else.

I decided to go with the Cooler Master Mastercase 5. I believe a new computer calls for a new case, I'm just not sure what to do with the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I...I started out with a Cooler Master HAF 932, which I still have and plan to use for a server build.

Anybody else out there have any suggestions?