buzzing headphones in game

hey people of the forum space. recently I've been having trouble with my headphones where they emit a buzzing sound, it's very faint generally but intensifies during gaming, I've noticed it most in Planetside 2. I'm using a pair of Turtle beach x12s plugged in to the front panel audio connectors. any suggestions on how i might be able to fix this problem would be much appreciated. Thanks.

see you, space cowboy

hey people of the forum space. recently I've been having trouble with my headphones where they emit a buzzing sound, it's very faint generally but intensifies during gaming, I've noticed it most in Planetside 2. I'm using a pair of Turtle beach x12s plugged in to the front panel audio connectors. any suggestions on how i might be able to fix this problem would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Are you using your motherboards on board audio?

Plug them in the back, in the rear io and not use front panel.

My old antec 902 had this exact problem

this definitely helped a lot, although i am still getting a very faint buzz (which i also noticed seems to stop briefly when i click on anything in the in-game menus) 

I think this is probably the best i'm going to get it, at least it's bearable. Thanks for the help.

see you, space cowboy

I have a similar issue with my Steel Series Siberia V2 HyperX Edition and two other Turtle Beach headsets (xp11 and x 12).  (The amount of buzzing varies from headset to headset)

I have neither no solution to this other than whats already said. But i suspect it has something with the load on the GPU or CPU. 

Are you using your motherboards on board audio?

yep

see you, space cowboy

yep

That's probably why you're getting a buzzing then. Interference from all the components on your motherboard.

If you buy a sound card it'll probably solve your problem.

I have the same thing with onboard audio, or if I use the passthrough on my keyboard.

Hope this helps :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Ha right, although I'm sure it would, I've only just dropped a fair amount on the pc itself so a sound card isn't quite an option just yet but I will think about getting one perhaps in the future.

see you, space cowboy