will the google pixel 2 XL (unlocked) work with any carrier outside the USA ?

hey guys, i live in lebanon, a small country north of israel. a friend of mine will be coming from the U.S. and i was planning on getting a pixel 2 XL from there (to avoid fake products coming to lebanon) my question is: will it work with lebanese carriers if i buy the "unlocked" version ? if not then how can i unlock it? thank you for any help.

Since most of the world uses GSM frequencies and the Pixel XL is CDMA, without knowing your carriers and what frequencies they use, probably not.

Scratch the above. I assumed since it was Verizon it would only have CDMA but it looks like it does GSM as well so you should be good. I would still make sure the carriers will accept the phone though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Yah, just edited my post.

You should be good :) 

are you 110% sure ? i really dont know much about frequencies and whatnot.. as far as carriers go, last year we had the pixel in my country but it was way too expensive... im just worried about being forced to unlock the phone when it gets here :/

Just now, fiff said:

are you 110% sure ? i really dont know much about frequencies and whatnot.. as far as carriers go, last year we had the pixel in my country but it was way too expensive... im just worried about being forced to unlock the phone when it gets here :/

The unlocking part I'm not sure about.

If carriers had the Pixel in your country then the Pixel 2 shouldn't be an issue in terms of operating frequency.

If your friend buys it from the Google store then it should come unlocked but if they get it from Verizon then I'm not sure :(

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

The unlocking part I'm not sure about.

If carriers had the Pixel in your country then the Pixel 2 shouldn't be an issue in terms of operating frequency.

If your friend buys it from the Google store then it should come unlocked but if they get it from Verizon then I'm not sure :(

i will buy it online from the google store and ship it to his address. so i'll make sure to get it UNLOCKED. thank you so much :)

10 hours ago, fiff said:

i will buy it online from the google store and ship it to his address. so i'll make sure to get it UNLOCKED. thank you so much :)

You wont have to unlock it. I used to work for Google Play Support. All devices sold directly from Google are 100% carrier unlocked. On GSM networks you just need to make sure the phone supports the frequencies of your provider. On CDMA networks however, not sure. To my understanding most areas of the world use the GSM standard. You should be able to pop and sim card in and go to my understanding. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.