Windows 8 vs Windows 7 ?...

DTV998
I had Windows 8 evaluation edition and it was alright' date=' I prefer Windows 7 though. The user interface on Windows 8 wasn't hard to get used to but navigating through Windows 7 and completing tasks is just so much faster.[/quote']

Funny, I find quiet the contrary. Why? Because I pin folders I need, programs i need, to the Start screen. Something I could simply not do on Windows 7 Start Menu.

And if you know what you are doing, you can even pin files to the Start Screen to directly jump into your stuff as soon as your computer starts.

i am still using windows 7 i dont like the new metro interface if Microsoft don't release one that is more optimized for PC i am planing on switching to a macbook pro

I think having a touchscreen interface can really benefit the user when running Windows 8, however since I haven't used Windows 8 with a touch input, I prefer Windows 7.

I'd say go with Windows 7.

Windows 8 was completely made for touch screen capable devices, and like most people, my desktop monitor is not touch screen.

I'm really wondering why Microsoft would position their new tablet OS as a new desktop OS, seeing as it's clearly for tablets.

I'm fine with metro and Windows 8, but unless you have it on one of those new laptops with touchscreens or the Surface, it isn't working for me.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I use windows 8 pro 64bit and all my programs and games work fine on it. Overclocking is fine, stability is great and boots up faster and making use of the new task manager is fantastic. The new copy of files pausing is great as well if you have multiple files being copied over. Windows Explorer is alot better now with the ribbon menu.

I recommend Classic Shell to get rid of the retarded metro UI. Set things up just like it was in Win 7 and best of all it's free. It will always boot straight to Desktop mode, put back your own custom start button etc. and more.

I posted some videos/ benchmarks made running games on this Win 8.

http://www.youtube.com/user/batismul

I love windows 8, I have windows 8 running on my main drive and windows 7 on my secondary.

Windows 8 has:

Fast boot speeds

Better CPU efficiency

Better Gaming FPS

Modern UI AND Desktop

Remote Desktop (Pro version needed to be host)

So All in all Windows 8 has been a great upgrade for me.

Windows 8 Pro gets Bitlocker and EFS for encryption

i disslike windows 8 in every way because its focussed towards the touchscreen and tablet market

i disslike tablets and touchscreen in general and this is why im sticking with windows 7

just because something is new doesn't make it better

every one is in-titled to its own opinion and has a different taste

I used Windows 8 since October, and it's alright. I feel Start8 is a must though, since the pre-Win 8 start bar, which doesn't fill the entire screen, allows for better productively by design.

I ended up reinstalling Windows 7 though a week ago, as Games for Windows Live is a pain in the arse on Windows 8, and I've had Metro apps crash so often that they weren't worth bothering with.