Extremely annoying carrier problem

Woah Boy

Hello everyone, so I'm currently in a rut, I switched from Verizon to att because of congestion on Verizon lte in my area and speeds of 0.83 mbps, but now with att I can text and use data just fine with 1-2 bars of signal, dl speeds of around 12mbps BUT, I cannot make calls reliably, 9 out of 10 times may connect a call , any other time it shows as "dialing" but doesn't start ringing, I had this exact probably when I was with cricket a while ago, but it just stopped happening after a few months, I'd rather this not go on for months, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tend to have a similar issue with Sprint. In comparion, Verizon seems to have VERY fast dialing for calls.

Have you tried Wi-Fi calling? It may help you at least when you're at home or at work. Make sure you enable QoS on your router though so that it will prioritize VoIP traffic.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

3 minutes ago, dj_ripcord said:

I tend to have a similar issue with Sprint. In comparion, Verizon seems to have VERY fast dialing for calls.

Have you tried Wi-Fi calling? It may help you at least when you're at home or at work. Make sure you enable QoS on your router though so that it will prioritize VoIP traffic.

Phone doesn't support wifi calling

6 hours ago, Steadyhands said:

Phone doesn't support wifi calling

Phone doesn't need to support WiFi calling - just using Skype or an alternate VOIP solution over your data.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

8 hours ago, kirashi said:

Phone doesn't need to support WiFi calling - just using Skype or an alternate VOIP solution over your data.

I'd prefer to use my phone number.

3 hours ago, Steadyhands said:

I'd prefer to use my phone number.

Ah gotcha. Well then that might be difficult since the only phone I'm aware of that supports WiFi calling is newer iPhones, at least in Canada.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Did you continue to use your Verizon iPhone? If so, it may not support all of At&t/Cricket's bands. 

18 hours ago, EpicGeekonFire said:

Did you continue to use your Verizon iPhone? If so, it may not support all of At&t/Cricket's bands. 

No I have a leeco 3 , I done speedtests today and got 20+ dl but still can't make or receive calls 90% of the time