How to uninstall Linux on dualboot Windows 10 system

While there may be slightly different quirks in the uninstall procedure for different distributions, I am curious what you all recommend as the preferred method. There are lots of existing forum posts and youtube videos, so am hoping to harness something of the wisdom of the crowds here. I am currently running Fedora 25 alongside Windows 10, but Ubuntu, LinuxMint, openSUSE, whatever you found on DistroWatch details are welcome.

you simply wipe the linux partition(s) and put back windows' bootloader (or if you were smart, you never touched said bootloader in the first place) with some form of recovery media.

Did you mean to ask "How to uninstall Windows on dual boot Linux system"?

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you simply wipe the linux partition(s) and put back windows' bootloader (or if you were smart, you never touched said bootloader in the first place) with some form of recovery media.

Could you be a little more specific as to the resetting the windows boot loader? Which commands?

Just now, mtwest said:

Could you be a little more specific as to the resetting the windows boot loader? Which commands?

i honestly wouldnt know, i think there's a generic "fix things that stop my pc from booting" thing somewhere, but because MS keeps changing it i cant remember.

13 hours ago, mtwest said:

13 hours ago, manikyath said:

i honestly wouldnt know, i think there's a generic "fix things that stop my pc from booting" thing somewhere, but because MS keeps changing it i cant remember.

If after wiping the linux partition you aren't able to boot, pop in the windows installation medium (a usb stick or a dvd), it will allow you to fix the bootloader and from there it should work fine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Name Taken said:
  1. Boot into Windows.
  2. Install Windows bootloader over Linux bootloader.
  3. Delete Linux partition.
  4. Extend Windows partition.

I believe Windows 10 has a nice feature that enables you to do this without having to futz around with the suck that is CMD. Can you recall what exactly that is?