GPU is getting blocked!

Slaxc

I’m trying to install my GPU right now and my mobo is blocking me from doing so. The card won’t fit.

image.jpg

looks like it's designed to use that top slot for that pci port, and the second for the top pcie port... perhaps a straight on picture from the side of the case, or a picture with the card held over the pcie port to show how it lines up with the case...

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1 minute ago, Cyracus said:

looks like it's designed to use that top slot for that pci port, and the second for the top pcie port... perhaps a straight on picture from the side of the case, or a picture with the card held over the pcie port to show how it lines up with the case...

image.thumb.jpg.4ab52caa2e38fe1d81bda9dcf89f9c21.jpg

image.jpg

Are the PCIe brackets on the card bent?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

How is it not fitting? can you post a Picture?

Edit: Hardcore ninja'd

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

2 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Are the PCIe brackets on the card bent?

image.thumb.jpg.a44d2efcfd08eeb99dfa313f663781d2.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Get the ends of the PCIe bracket over that motherboard ledge thing, and it'll fit.

It won’t go without a ton of force. I’m worried.

also had issues like this, one time we could barrely fit the card and get to the video ports and i ended up grating away the plastic from a HDMI cable in order to fit it into the connector

22 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

It won’t go without a ton of force. I’m worried.

Are you sure those small bits at the bottom of the bracket are either poking through to the outside of the case or are tucked behind the motherboard at that part? Just aim it well, and get it lined up with the slot.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Are you sure those small bits at the bottom of the bracket are either poking through to the outside of the case or are tucked behind the motherboard at that part? Just aim it well, and get it lined up with the slot.

Got it! Had to push pretty hard. I’m still trying to figure out how to put some pieces back on tho lol

It's exceptionally difficult to tell from those pics, but I've never seen a case OR a motherboard that wouldn't allow a video card to fit, even double width.

Pull out a little bit, and give up a shot of the motherboard sans video card, let's see if that might help

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's exceptionally difficult to tell from those pics, but I've never seen a case OR a motherboard that wouldn't allow a video card to fit, even double width.

Pull out a little bit, and give up a shot of the motherboard sans video card, let's see if that might help

Got it to work :) I have a question tho. 

I’m trying to plug in my GPU but not too sure what to do.  With my PSU the only thing that came was a VGA with a 6 pin and then a 2 pin you can add on. But my card has a 8 pin and then a 6. Not too sure what to doimage.thumb.jpg.506df7d4e38c24027fd1dbd8d7858225.jpg

image.jpg

19 minutes ago, Slaxc said:

-snip-

You plug the 6+2 pin into the 8-pin part and then another 6+2 cable into the 6-pin socket (only using the 6 pins and leaving the 2 pin hanging)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You plug the 6+2 pin into the 8-pin part and then another 6+2 cable into the 6-pin socket (only using the 6 pins and leaving the 2 pin hanging)

Alright so there was another 6+2 cable that came in with the PSU. I thought it was an extra but I guess I use it

Just now, Slaxc said:

Alright so there was another 6+2 cable that came in with the PSU. I thought it was an extra but I guess I use it

Yes, and you need to plug those two pins you have dangling into the GPU for the 8-pin part :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yes, and you need to plug those two pins you have dangling into the GPU for the 8-pin part :) 

Got it. Just gotta resolve a few other problems as seen on my other thread and I should be good. Oh.... and cable management