Synergy Copy/paste doesnt work?

So i tried to find a fix online but it seems that there are a lot of people that cant get the copy paste function to work.

And it seems to be a problem that exists since at least 2007.

Can anyone here help me?

And should linus still advertise for this if synergy cant fix this and becomes rather useless except for the mouse and keyboard sharing?

It's a bug that has been pretty inconsistent between versions.  Try a different version and it will go away eventually.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

I dont really have time to try out a lot of versions till it works sadly :/

Shouldnt this been fixed by now or have a workaround by now?

I payed for this expecting it to work after being out for 10 years :(, the reason i bought it was cause linus advertised it as working and i thought with the functionality it had that it was worth it. I feel different about that now.

If all your system runs on Windows, then use the free and superior:

• Microsoft Mouse Without Borders
  • or, Input Director (lots of option, but you need to setup your desktop folder as a network folder share to copy/paste files/folders between systems)

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

If all your system runs on Windows, then use the free and superior:

• Microsoft Mouse Without Borders
  • or, Input Director (lots of option, but you need to setup your desktop folder as a network folder share to copy/paste files/folders between systems)

Ill check it out. 

Rip me for buying synergy i guess.

5 minutes ago, pollepel said:

Rip me for buying synergy i guess.

I bought Synergy *purely* to support LTT. The copy and paste is especially "hoaky" between differing platforms, and has done for... like... 10+ years, you can sometimes "config your way out of it" by mapping Alts to Apples, etc. but it will disappear after a few updates.

The commercial, alas, seems to be no better supported too in that regard... :(

-Dx

1 minute ago, Xalior said:

I bought Synergy *purely* to support LTT. The copy and paste is especially "hoaky" between differing platforms, and has done for... like... 10+ years, you can sometimes "config your way out of it" by mapping Alts to Apples, etc. but it will disappear after a few updates.

The commercial, alas, seems to be no better supported too in that regard... :(

-Dx

Its kinda weird then that linus still affiliates with synergy then :/

5 minutes ago, pollepel said:

Its kinda weird then that linus still affiliates with synergy then :/

Well bringing this directly to his attention might work: he says he has listened to negative feedback about sponsors in the past.

In any case outside of the copy/paste thing I don't see myself ditching my physical kvm switch (and if I do it would be to upgrade it to HDMI): it's a pain in the butt to get my IT guys to install anything software based like Synergy or Mouse without borders on my work pc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Well bringing this directly to his attention might work: he says he has listened to negative feedback about sponsors in the past.

In any case outside of the copy/paste thing I don't see myself ditching my physical kvm switch (and if I do it would be to upgrade it to HDMI): it's a pain in the butt to get my IT guys to get my work computer to install anything software based like Synergy or Mouse without borders.

Yea but i cant tell this directly to linus or luke sadly. Maybe moderators on this forum should do that? please mods could you?

11 minutes ago, pollepel said:

Yea but i cant tell this directly to linus or luke sadly. Maybe moderators on this forum should do that? please mods could you?

You can try tagging @LinusTech no guarantee he'll see but it's something.

-------

Current Rig

-------

10 minutes ago, pollepel said:

I don't see myself ditching my physical kvm switch

Synergy does a lot more than a pKVM (for most people, as most people use it) even a super fancy one... as much as the Copy-Paste can be a pain in the pooper it still allows me to copy and paste _between_ the machines... And, of course, with Synergy I can have a single IO setup and see what it on my Windows box, right next to my Mac, and - say, be gaming on Windows and watching WANShow on the mac, and easily swing my mouse over to poke at twitch comments without actually losing sight of the windows desktop...   Sure, it's a "Physical Screen Palaver" with more monitors than the KVM, but the operational functionality is very different... :)

-Dx