General Ideas for Computers (and games)

General topic just to relax and just talk about GPUs, CPUs, PCI-E devices, etc. 
Hell, even games for all that matters. :)

I encourage ideas and opinions (don't forget criticism.)

Idea #1 

I think that portable GPUs should be worked on and thunderbolt 3 should be a standard. Enough of intergrated crapics already! Right now it’s either proprietary or more expensive than existing GPUs. 

-Amy Miyake

1 minute ago, KawaiiRaven said:

Idea #1 

I think that portable GPUs should be worked on and thunderbolt 3 should be a standard. Enough of intergrated crapics already! Right now it’s either proprietary or more expensive than existing GPUs. 

Agreed.   But I think that there should be a PCIE card that lets you add two MXM GPUs so you can have two 980m's in sli in a single slot without a riser card.  Like for example the NVIDIA GTX 690 where it has two GPUs on a single PCB.  :)

960 Evo in a TB3 stick style enclosure.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

960 Evo in a TB3 stick style enclosure.

*POP!* Noice. 

there is one  thing that confuses me. My mind just cannot grasp it . External usb gpus.

image.thumb.png.f35e1c8e7323fb5c920decf8fc57a679.png

Also , i want faster and cheaper alternatives to the 40 year old 74AS and 74F logic chips...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

there is one  thing that confuses me. My mind just cannot grasp it . External usb gpus.

image.thumb.png.f35e1c8e7323fb5c920decf8fc57a679.png

hmmmm..... same here.
Don't ask.  :P

I have no clue.

I like external GPUs but that short dangly thingy is NOT an eGPU  (well, technically it is but it doesn't count in my books. :P)

21 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

-snip-

Also , i want faster and cheaper alternatives to the 40 year old 74AS and 74F logic chips...

This is basically just a really small and cheap chip that creates the display but does nothing else with that. It gets all the data and power from the USB port. Though I wonder what'd happen if you ran GPU-Z on that.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, Ripmin-PSN said:

hmmmm..... same here.
Don't ask.  :P

I have no clue.

I like external GPUs but that short dangly thingy is NOT an eGPU  (well, technically it is but it doesn't count in my books. :P)

2 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

-Risu Snip!-

They're just cheap methods of adding a video out when there is none available on your (typically notebook or netbook) machine, either due to the lack of one or the one(s) available are all in use.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Also, I don’t get the thin and light trend. Why carry dongles (that are heavy and bulky) to shave half a pound and half an inch?

Are laptops really that heavy in a backpack where they need to be that light? Something you carry around should be durable, even if it’s a little heavy. I get size, a 17 inch laptop won’t fit well on a coffee table or classroom desk but the trend towards thin and light seems like it has too much compromise. I can handle carrying 5 pounds. 

-Amy Miyake