Which cable do i need

Go to solution Solved by G27Racer_188,
42 minutes ago, Slimeey said:

So i recently got a 1050ti and have 2 montiors one is hdmi and the other is vga.The 1050ti only has a hdmi dl dvi and a dp 1.4 Which cable adapter should i get if i wanna change dl dvi to vga?Can u drop me some links thanks

You are going to need an active adapter (since you need to convert from digital to analog) either

displayport to vga active adapter

or

DVI to VGA active adapter

The direct DVI to VGA adapters like @GER_T4IGA suggested won't work since DVI port on 1050Ti is only for digital DVI (DVI - D) and does not have four additional holes for four pins around the flat connector for analog signals (DVI - I), so it is physically impossible to plug it in.

So i recently got a 1050ti and have 2 montiors one is hdmi and the other is vga.The 1050ti only has a hdmi dl dvi and a dp 1.4 Which cable adapter should i get if i wanna change dl dvi to vga?Can u drop me some links thanks

35 minutes ago, Slimeey said:

Just buy any that is not the absolute cheapest. 
I still sometimes struggle to buy by this but I have set 'buy cheap, buy twice' for myself. So keep that in mind.
I have plenty of these and they work just fine (although mine have more pins) 
30dv-05200.jpg

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

42 minutes ago, Slimeey said:

You are going to need an active adapter (since you need to convert from digital to analog) either

or

The direct DVI to VGA adapters like @GER_T4IGA suggested won't work since DVI port on 1050Ti is only for digital DVI (DVI - D) and does not have four additional holes for four pins around the flat connector for analog signals (DVI - I), so it is physically impossible to plug it in.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

20 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

I remember when older GPUs shipped with these....god I'm getting old

29 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

or

Fuck!

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know they ditched analog altogether ...

EDIT: DO you by chance know on which gen the switch happened?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

8 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

DO you by chance know on which gen the switch happened?

For nvidia it is the 10 series. 9XX cards had DVI-I.

For AMD it first happened with 290 / 290X that had DVI-D only, and so did 390(X). Other 200/300 card that were re-brands still had DVI-I. Fury and Vega ditched DVI altogether.

21 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

I remember when older GPUs shipped with these....god I'm getting old

Yes indeed. My fried bought R7 370 in 2015 and it did come with one.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB