Hi guys, I am thinking of having my first rig within a month. Yet, I cannot say that I am on top of basics of how should I pair up the components etc. I am on a limited budget, USD 1,000 including all peripherals. Below, I gathered a list on pcpartpicker, as seen the prices don't add up to USD 1000 because I left a margin for the missing ones such as monitor, case and others. As I am building this in Turkey, I also had to consider the price differences mainly resulting from the applicable tax. So please feel free to contribute. Below I am also listing the must-haves of my rig:

Ps. I will translate the prices into the applicable Turkish prices. So 1000 USD might mean 1100 USD in Turkey for a particular build while 900 USD for another. So more the alternatives, the better it gets.

1. I am a moderate gamer. I don't play too much and my expectations are not that high. It is enough for me to run moderate-demanding games like Cities Skylines, Counter Strike at 60 fps @1080p, moderate-high settings if not ultra high (I am not sure if it sounds humble build or a good one).

2. It has to be silent... very silent.

3. It must have a good looking and for that reason I leaving a huge proportion for the case and the monitor in my budget. Any case suggestions?

4. I hate cables. Must have a perfect cable management.

5. I am also open to monitor suggestions up to USD 250ish range.

For the build list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kNxYvV

Please Note: HDD or SSD is missing because I am going to use my 240 GB Corsair SSD recycled from my laptop. But I am wondering if I should pair the ssystem up with a M.2 SSD. I opted for a 550W PS but not sure if its being a waste of money.

My questions are:

Can you please offer alternatives or if any how can I avoid bottlenecks? Again, please suggest monitors and cases that would go with the above system.

Many thanks!

Looks alright. Might be worth seeing what Intel offers with Coffee Lake before pulling the trigger.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

You can put a lil more to get a GTX 1060 But for $1000 dollar you can get a pretty neat system 

Case good mid tower should be fine a full tower may look empty

Thermal take versa c22 if you like rgb 

Corsair Crystal Series 570X

Price differences may change a lot because of where you live, I live in Australia and I'm looking at getting a new PC and I realized half way through planning my PC it was in USD not AUD and there were different prices apart from the currency exchange rate and some parts were not even available here. 

If you want real silence, go with noctua fans and noctua cpu cooler.

They are ugly but their performance is unmatched.

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-U12S-TR4-SP3-premium-grade-cooler/dp/B074DW3FS2/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1507195875&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=noctua&psc=1

It's a premium price but that's most likely a one time buy since you can use it for your next builds as well (expect for if some huge socket change happens, but i doubt that. AM4 was enough and Intel been the same (cooler wise) for ages).

Case I'd recommend either bequiet silentbase series or fractal define but that's mostly up to taste. 

If you can wait a few days, maybe the new i3 might be a neat choice as well. Don't know when that one will be available though.

Edit: The Stock Ryzen Fan is also not bad, you can use that at first and switch it out later. That way you'll have some money left to invest in other areas. :)

55 minutes ago, Sage_Masters said:

You can put a lil more to get a GTX 1060 But for $1000 dollar you can get a pretty neat system 

Case good mid tower should be fine a full tower may look empty

Thermal take versa c22 if you like rgb 

Corsair Crystal Series 570X

Remember that he said with peripherals, so mouse keyboard and monitor, which take up ~200 by itself. and with 800 budget it gets close :) 

i would wait a few days for the intel 8th gen launch. (don't know when it launches in your country, look it up) and then make another parts list.

She/Her

Just a quick update for everyone: I am putting more insights pricewise re. GPU:

My initial choice was:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING ACX 3.0 = TRY 727 equals to USD 203

Suggestions for GTX 1060 would mean:

For 3 GB (roughly 70 USD increase):

Inno3D GeForce GTX 1060 X2 3GB GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 = TRY 980 equals to USD 274

GALAX 2 GeForce GTX 1060 OC - Grafikkarten 60NNH7DSL9CK = TRY 980 equals to USD 272

For 6 GB (roughly 220 USD increase):

Asus DUAL Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 192Bit GDDR5 (DX12) PCI-E 3.0 = TRY 1449 equals to USD 406

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 6GB 192 bit GDDR5 DX(12) PCI-E 3.0 = TRY 1655 equals to USD 463

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1060 6G 9Gbps  = TRY 1655 equals to USD 444

Prices may change from model to model I basically picked up what I found after some googling. Simply put I cannot allocate another 200 USD for 6 GB version. So it comes down to choosing between 3 GB 1060 or 1050Tİ.

Is it worth paying 70 USD for switching from 1050Tİ to 1060 3GB and for what version?

4 hours ago, mesay4 said:

Just a quick update for everyone: I am putting more insights pricewise re. GPU:

My initial choice was:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING ACX 3.0 = TRY 727 equals to USD 203

Suggestions for GTX 1060 would mean:

For 3 GB (roughly 70 USD increase):

Inno3D GeForce GTX 1060 X2 3GB GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 = TRY 980 equals to USD 274

GALAX 2 GeForce GTX 1060 OC - Grafikkarten 60NNH7DSL9CK = TRY 980 equals to USD 272

For 6 GB (roughly 220 USD increase):

Asus DUAL Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 192Bit GDDR5 (DX12) PCI-E 3.0 = TRY 1449 equals to USD 406

MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 6GB 192 bit GDDR5 DX(12) PCI-E 3.0 = TRY 1655 equals to USD 463

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1060 6G 9Gbps  = TRY 1655 equals to USD 444

Prices may change from model to model I basically picked up what I found after some googling. Simply put I cannot allocate another 200 USD for 6 GB version. So it comes down to choosing between 3 GB 1060 or 1050Tİ.

Is it worth paying 70 USD for switching from 1050Tİ to 1060 3GB and for what version?

The GTX 1060 3gig would give you greater performance over the 1050 ti even though its 3gig, it will benefit you in the long run

What do you guys think about the PS? Is it ok to go for 550W