Adoption of Bitcoin Research Survey (Data collecting stage)

I would like to thank everyone who answer my pilot interview question in regards to Bitcoin. ;) 

Now, I am on the data collecting stage of my research. Please kindly offer your opinion and view on the 

Adoption of BItcoin in the survey format.  

Note FYI: This is a stage 1 survey, it is to test whether the item I listed is reliable or not. There might be modifications in the future)

Survey link: https://goo.gl/forms/AY9adpCjUZy4RNpy1   (Power by Google Form) 

If you have any additional ideas, comments, view, or recommendation please do leave a comment below. 

Thank you very much for your participation! :D 

Edited by SkylineIBM5100
Additional explanation added

I filled it, though I'm not a bitcoin user/data miner in anyway (also though it doesnt affect me, the only education options went as low as college degrees, many people on the forums are under 18 and haven't graduated High school)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I filled it, though I'm not a bitcoin user/data miner in anyway (also though it doesnt affect me, the only education options went as low as college degrees, many people on the forums are under 18 and haven't graduated High school)

Thanks for the response mate! I am aware of the age category setting, because as per-request by our research professors they locked the lower limit of age is 18. Sorry, I wish I could have a boarder age response range.  

I filled it up even though I don't mine bitcoin but rather altcoins. Good luck in your research!

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

3 hours ago, Geralt said:

I filled it up even though I don't mine bitcoin but rather altcoins. Good luck in your research!

Thank you very much for the participation! :D 

Would you mind me asking what alternative cryptocurrency you're mining on? 

I filled it out... and I'm not 18 lol. Welp nevermind then.

13 hours ago, SkylineIBM5100 said:

Thank you very much for the participation! :D 

Would you mind me asking what alternative cryptocurrency you're mining on? 

I mine whichever is profitable at the moment even though my hardware's not cut out for mining haha. I use whatttomine.com to figure out what currency to mine based on the hardware I own. I'm currently mining Monero (XMR) as I feel that Ethereum (ETH) is way too difficult to mine for just a 980Ti.

Also, some feedback which I feel that I should add about bitcoins in your survey (you didn't have a comment section where I could add these comments) is that Bitcoins in my opinion is not profitable for hobby miners like me who just makes use of computer hardware to mine due to ASIC miners saturating the network and also, my responses might be biased since I view Bitcoins (and cryptocurrency) not as funds but rather like stock where people buy, sell and trade much like the real stock exchange.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

If you are going to limit the high income selector to $3,500/month, then I think you should have broken the age groups down a few more times for minors.

I agree with @Geralt I don't mine bitcoin directly, but I do acquire bitcoin indirectly through mining or straight up buying. Very few miners actually mine bitcoin. Also, exchanges of digital currencies are a major factor. Volatility of BTC behaves more like a stock than currency. Especially, considering how exchanges operate.

In the future, I would have asked about what hardware we are working with and asked something about the other notable coins out there (litecoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash, Zcash, Monero, dash, ripple, NEO, IOTA) or a few of the major ones with several trillion dollar market caps.

Good luck

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

On 10/5/2017 at 1:01 PM, Geralt said:

I mine whichever is profitable at the moment even though my hardware's not cut out for mining haha. I use whatttomine.com to figure out what currency to mine based on the hardware I own. I'm currently mining Monero (XMR) as I feel that Ethereum (ETH) is way too difficult to mine for just a 980Ti.

Also, some feedback which I feel that I should add about bitcoins in your survey (you didn't have a comment section where I could add these comments) is that Bitcoins in my opinion is not profitable for hobby miners like me who just makes use of computer hardware to mine due to ASIC miners saturating the network and also, my responses might be biased since I view Bitcoins (and cryptocurrency) not as funds but rather like stock where people buy, sell and trade much like the real stock exchange.

Thats quite informative, a assessment software that analyze whether a system is suitable for mining which Digital Coin, I'd say I foresee a lot more "support" system or software that facilitate cryptocurrency.  I gotta say when I saw Ethereum first time, I have no clue what it was, looks very complicated. But it does seems a good concept offering a blockchain platform, it has some potential. 

Thank you very much for your personal perspective on Bitcoin! I'd seem to get that answer a lot, so I've insert it to the final version of survey. Really appreciated for your frank feedback. :) 

2 minutes ago, SkylineIBM5100 said:

Thats quite informative, a assessment software that analyze whether a system is suitable for mining which Digital Coin, I'd say I foresee a lot more "support" system or software that facilitate cryptocurrency.  I gotta say when I saw Ethereum first time, I have no clue what it was, looks very complicated. But it does seems a good concept offering a blockchain platform, it has some potential. 

Thank you very much for your personal perspective on Bitcoin! I'd seem to get that answer a lot, so I've insert it to the final version of survey. Really appreciated for your frank feedback. :) 

Not a problem at all. Glad to help! :)

Cryptocurrency is really interesting to me because of the technology that's behind it like scrypt since I'm majoring in Cyber Security & Forensics. The security behind Cryptocurrency is very fascinating.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

On 10/5/2017 at 2:05 PM, DutchTexan said:

If you are going to limit the high income selector to $3,500/month, then I think you should have broken the age groups down a few more times for minors.

I agree with @Geralt I don't mine bitcoin directly, but I do acquire bitcoin indirectly through mining or straight up buying. Very few miners actually mine bitcoin. Also, exchanges of digital currencies are a major factor. Volatility of BTC behaves more like a stock than currency. Especially, considering how exchanges operate.

In the future, I would have asked about what hardware we are working with and asked something about the other notable coins out there (litecoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash, Zcash, Monero, dash, ripple, NEO, IOTA) or a few of the major ones with several trillion dollar market caps.

Good luck

Frankly speaking I would prefer to extend the age scale down to like 14 or 15, but our research panel of Professors set the guideline for the demographic data, apologies for those who feel a bit left out, nevertheless, I will report the findings of data collecting issues, raise the awareness of the current situation. 

So it seems, a speculating tool, the risk is definitely on par with 2nd/3rd tier stocks. 

Sure, it would certainly be part of the further studies of cryptocurrencies. As this time I scope down on Bitcoin as the core subject interest. ;) 

Thank you DutchTexan!

On 10/8/2017 at 6:03 PM, Geralt said:

Not a problem at all. Glad to help! :)

Cryptocurrency is really interesting to me because of the technology that's behind it like scrypt since I'm majoring in Cyber Security & Forensics. The security behind Cryptocurrency is very fascinating.

Woah That's a pretty cool major! Haven't heard of anything similar here, only like criminal law, business law majors. That's for sure, it utilize complex algorithm to secure the network. I'm completely out of the league in that area, to me trying to understand standard encryption is challenging enough for me.