help finding pc power button facades

dav1d0

i am trying to make a diy off case power button and front panel box, i found this power and reset button set but i need something to put over the switches to push them i dont know what to search for in google or amazon to find something reliable and good looking. does anyone have any ideas?

Got a junk computer case? If not ask a friend for one they have lying around. Pull the buttons off that, repaint them or whatever you want. That should do.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

You're probably better off just buying a replacement front panel from a case manufacturer. If you really want to go DIY I don't think you can just buy plastic pieces to go ontop of those buttons if that's what you're asking. Then again, literally any push button will work for this so you can find ones you like visually and use those.

1 hour ago, dav1d0 said:

i am trying to make a diy off case power button and front panel box, i found this power and reset button set but i need something to put over the switches to push them i dont know what to search for in google or amazon to find something reliable and good looking. does anyone have any ideas?

For custom power buttons you will want to search for momentary switches, here is an example of a momentary vandal switch which is commonly used for custom builds. 

https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Vandal-Resistant-Illuminated-Momentary-Housing/dp/B0039OAHAM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1506991612&sr=8-6

-Moved to Modding Section- 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

For custom power buttons you will want to search for momentary switches, here is an example of a momentary vandal switch which is commonly used for custom builds. 

https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Vandal-Resistant-Illuminated-Momentary-Housing/dp/B0039OAHAM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1506991612&sr=8-6

-Moved to Modding Section- 

i am trying to avoid soldering, so if it is possible to get a facade for the current switches that would be prefered

Just now, dav1d0 said:

i am trying to avoid soldering, so if it is possible to get a facade for the current switches that would be prefered

You don't need to solder those you can get crimps for existing front panel connector cables, or go with ones that use screw terminals. 

https://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/switches-toggle-pc-computer-power-reset/red-vandal-resistant-pc-power-switch-22mm-clone.html