Prepare to worship your AI Overlords

WMGroomAK

So this is a bit of an interesting article that Engadget wrote based on a small snippet of an article on Wired (link below).  Back in September of 2015, Anthony Levandowski of Google & Uber fame filed paperwork to establish a non-profit religious corporation called Way of the Future.  The mission of this religion is "To develop and promote the realization of a Godhead based on artificial intelligence and through understanding and worship of the Godhead contribute to the betterment of society."  

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/28/anthony-levandowski-google-uber-AI-religion-god/

In a development that wouldn't be out of place in a Black Mirror episode, we could soon be worshipping an artificially intelligent god figure. And this isn't a satirical take on our existing roles as disciples of social media, or the transcendental joy we feel when an Uber Eats delivery arrives. According to state filings uncovered by Wired, in September 2015 disgraced engineer Anthony Levandowski established a non-profit religious corporation called Way of the Future. Its mission: "To develop and promote the realization of a Godhead based on artificial intelligence and through understanding and worship of the Godhead contribute to the betterment of society." In the last two months alone we've seen robots perform funeral ceremonies and AI chips mimic the human brain -- could a Deus ex Machina really be that far behind?

The organization hasn't responded to requests for further information about its activity, but a quick look at Levandowski's resume shows that he'd be a strong contender for divine leadership within an AI-driven faith. He was co-founder of autonomous trucking company Otto, which was bought by Uber in 2016, and he played a pivotal role at Google in developing the self-driving cars that are already on the roads in some parts of the US. Still, his work brings us ever closer to the Singularity -- the so-called day when machines overtake humans in intelligence and life as we know it goes to pot -- so maybe Way of the Future is Levandowski's way of making sure he's got the computers on side when that day comes.

So my natural skepticism makes me wonder whether this organization is truly looking to a Godhead moment with AI or whether it is more of a shell religion to gain tax exempt status for millions of dollars...  Either way, at least when our AI Overlord decides to take over, we will at least have one organization ready to worship it.  

Wired Article:  https://www.wired.com/story/god-is-a-bot-and-anthony-levandowski-is-his-messenger/

I, for one, welcome our new AI overlords.

Also:

Spoiler

p10551780_b_v7_aa.jpg

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Square root of 912.04 is 30.2... It all seemed harmless...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

tumblr_m0wqiyGuSv1qg76hlo1_250.gif

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)