New upgrade from Samsung Note 3

Go to solution Solved by Thunderzzu,
31 minutes ago, DutchRedGaming said:

I was forget to say I cannot see the Oneplus in shops. I can only buy at Oneplus shop for €500 and in a Dutch shop €600.

I got the feeling I lacking on the Oneplus comparing with S8(+) with ip68 and wireless charging

my honest opinion, as i've been in your same position 2 weeks ago:

If you're just a regular phone user, that takes pictures and does not use additional capabilities (like HDMI over type C, miracast, etcetc), go with the OP5. We also don't have it in Slovenia, so you'd have to order it via the web - my friends have done that a million times, and it's completely fine. It's the same with opting in for a warranty repair - you send it to their warehouse and they repair it, you don't need a local service centre. 

If you're a more advanced user, go with the S8. The screen isn't as small as you'd think and it has basically every functionality that currently exists. Don't got for the S8+ unless money really isn't an issue for you.

Go for the iPhone only if you're dumb (1year warranty against 2years from both samsung and OP).

Hope i helped!

I use now the Note 3 from Samsung, it worked.

I got on my vacation blurry photo's and the battery drained a lot.
I bought a brand new battery and it's better, but stays only a day.
My apps crashing sometimes.

I doubt between this phones:

S8:

Plus:

Nice display
Nice camera
Samsung Experience
Bixby (voice)
Good battery life
Good price (Between €360 and €410 with cashback)
Wireless charging
IP68

Drawbacks:

Look a little bit small
Battery is smaller than the +

S8+:

Plus:

Nice display
Nice camera
Samsung Experience
Bixby (voice)
Great battery life
Okey price (Between €460 and €510 with cashback)
Wireless charging
IP68

Drawbacks:

More expensive than S8
Maybe huge

Oneplus 5:

Plus:

Fast
Okey price
More ram
Double camera's
Dash Charging
Decent battery life

Drawbacks:

Poor photo's than S8(+)
More expensive if I give my mobile to Samsung cashback
Only 1080P
Shipping to the Netherlands is more difficult
Guarantee is difficult in the Netherlands

Iphone 8:

Plus:

Fast phone
4 year updates
Good camera

Drawbacks:

Expensive
Difficult to switch ecosystem (I only use android)
Expensive extra's (fast charging equipment that is standard by every android phone)
Almost no customization   

My useage:
A lot of social media: Facebook, instagram, snapchat, whatsapp, ect.
Youtube
Spotify
Sometimes gaming (if I am really bored without my gaming pc)
Google Maps to navigate to clients (I am an ICT support going to homes of clients

Can you help me?

I'd say the Oneplus if you don't focus on a lot of pictures. Otherwise check the S8+!

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I'd say the Oneplus if you don't focus on a lot of pictures. Otherwise check the S8+!

I was forget to say I cannot see the Oneplus in shops. I can only buy at Oneplus shop for €500 and in a Dutch shop €600.

I got the feeling I lacking on the Oneplus comparing with S8(+) with ip68 and wireless charging

31 minutes ago, DutchRedGaming said:

If you're just a regular phone user, that takes pictures and does not use additional capabilities (like HDMI over type C, miracast, etcetc), go with the OP5. We also don't have it in Slovenia, so you'd have to order it via the web - my friends have done that a million times, and it's completely fine. It's the same with opting in for a warranty repair - you send it to their warehouse and they repair it, you don't need a local service centre. 

If you're a more advanced user, go with the S8. The screen isn't as small as you'd think and it has basically every functionality that currently exists. Don't got for the S8+ unless money really isn't an issue for you.

Go for the iPhone only if you're dumb (1year warranty against 2years from both samsung and OP).

Hope i helped!

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

1 hour ago, Thunderzzu said:

Hope i helped!

I am afraid I am lacking of battery if I go to the smaller one, but it's also cheaper than the +

By the way, What did you buy?

Do you prefer iOS or Android? Do you like customizing stuffs? If you like iOS for their simplicity, then iPhone 8 is not a bad choice (though I wish it's cheaper due to that same 2014 design). If you like Android and like the stock experience, OnePlus 5 is not bad, but it lacks waterproofing, S8+ (I wouldn't go for S8 cuz the S8+ has more battery juice) has it and has more features (no stock Android experience though)

Daily drivers:

- HP Elite x2 1012 G2: Intel Core i7-7600U, Intel HD Graphics 620 + Aorus Gaming Box GTX 1080 eGPU, 16GB LPDDR3-1867, 256GB Toshiba NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD + 128GB Toshiba Exceria UHS-1 U3 MicroSD, 12.3" 2736x1824 + HP Pavilion 22cwa Monitor 21.5" 1080p IPS, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

- LG V20 (H990DS): Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 (ARM-based), Adreno 530, 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB eMMC UFS 2.0 + 64GB SanDisk Extreme UHS-1 U3 V30 MicroSD, 5.7" IPS LCD 1440p + 2.1" 160x1040, Android 7.0 (LG UX 5.0)

Other devices:

- Lenovo IdeaPad Y400: Intel Core i7-3630QM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M SLI, 16GB DDR3-1600, 120GB Kingston mS200 mSATA SSD + 1TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 7200rpm 2.5" HDD, 14" 768p, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit [retired]

- Dell Venue 11 Pro (7139): Intel Core i5-4300Y, Intel HD Graphics 4200, 8GB LPDDR3-1600, 256GB SanDisk X110 M.2 2260 SATA3 SSD, 10.8" 1080p IPS, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit + Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit [retired]

- Acer Iconia W4: Intel Atom Z3740, Intel HD Graphics, 2GB DDR3L-1033, 64GB Samsung MCG8GC eMMC, 8" IPS WXGA (1280x800), Windows 10 Home 32-bit

- Asus ZenFone 2 ZE551ML: Intel Atom Z3580 (x86-based), PowerVR G6430, 4GB LPDDR3, 64GB eMMC, 5.5" IPS LCD 1080p, Android 6.0.1 (Asus ZenUI)

- New Nintendo 2DS XL

If you’re willing to go iOS, the iPhone is a great choice especially the 8. It’s an absolute beast.

If you want to stick to Android, go with the OP5 if you’re not looking to spend much. Get the S8+ if you want features, especially if you can get one on a good deal.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

If you’re willing to go iOS, the iPhone is a great choice especially the 8. It’s an absolute beast.

If you want to stick to Android, go with the OP5 if you’re not looking to spend much. Get the S8+ if you want features, especially if you can get one on a good deal.

I can trade my Note 3 for €170 so for the small one the cheapest option (mobiel.nl) in total will be €340 and S8+ €450 (Excluding administration free from Tele 2)

So if I buy before 1 Oktober I am cheaper with Samsung

1 hour ago, DutchRedGaming said:

I can trade my Note 3 for €170 so for the small one the cheapest option (mobiel.nl) in total will be €340 and S8+ €450 (Excluding administration free from Tele 2)

So if I buy before 1 Oktober I am cheaper with Samsung

Then get the S8 or S8+ depending on how big you want to go.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

17 hours ago, DutchRedGaming said:

I am afraid I am lacking of battery if I go to the smaller one, but it's also cheaper than the +

By the way, What did you buy?

After almost 2 weeks of deciding what phone to buy, i finally bought the S8. And i'm happy that i did - i'm reaaaalllyyyy satisfied with it, but i was biased towards Samsung in any case, as i had a really pleasant experience with the Galaxy S5 - it survived for 3 and a half years with me (not easy) and it's still going! 

6 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I bought  an s8+ last week and highly recommend it, best phone I've ever owned. I paid 760 for mine

How is the batterly life?

5 hours ago, Thunderzzu said:

After almost 2 weeks of deciding what phone to buy, i finally bought the S8. And i'm happy that i did - i'm reaaaalllyyyy satisfied with it, but i was biased towards Samsung in any case, as i had a really pleasant experience with the Galaxy S5 - it survived for 3 and a half years with me (not easy) and it's still going! 

How is battery life?

11 hours ago, DutchRedGaming said:

How is battery life?

I get about 5 and a half hours of screen on time with everything turned on so it easily gets me through the day 

19 hours ago, DutchRedGaming said:

How is battery life?

I have everything enabled (wifi, 4g, bluetooth) and screen brightness at around 40-50% and at the end of the day i'm left with like 30%.

You have to count in that i spend most of my work time googling or messaging via my phone, so it's under constant use

4 hours ago, Thunderzzu said:

I have everything enabled (wifi, 4g, bluetooth) and screen brightness at around 40-50% and at the end of the day i'm left with like 30%.

You have to count in that i spend most of my work time googling or messaging via my phone, so it's under constant use

That sounds not good....