Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition any good?

themctipers

asking for a friend myself. will be replacing the fans on my deepcool frostwin v2 (as the fans on it are too loud at idle, even while plugged into chassis fan header)

$35 on Amazon for two (dual pack), don't know if there's something better I can get for $35 or less (need two, 120mm, RGB is not needed, and lightning is not needed)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

asking for a friend myself. will be replacing the fans on my deepcool frostwin v2 (as the fans on it are too loud at idle, even while plugged into chassis fan header)

$35 on Amazon for two (dual pack), don't know if there's something better I can get for $35 or less (need two, 120mm, RGB is not needed, and lightning is not needed)

Take a look at the ML120 (non pro) dual pack. They are quieter.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

5 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I've two corsair ML120 on my cooler, quiet and have a wide speed range. Think they came in a twin pack for $35 AUD, should be easy enough to find under 35USD

Gray, no frills and pwm 400-2400rpm and high static pressure.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 minute ago, it_dont_work said:

I've two corsair ML120 on my cooler, quiet and have a wide speed range. Think they came in a twin pack for $35 AUD, should be easy enough to find under 35USD

Gray, no frills and pwm 400-2400rpm and high static pressure.

sounds nice. forgot to mention CAD :P 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, it_dont_work said:

Mexican pesos, rupees, liquid diamonds. all good

liters of thermal paste.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

9 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Garbage. Loud, not very efficient garbage.

I've purchased a 120mm 2 pack, all it did was make loud noises to no real benefit. For fun, I've placed them in push pull on a Cryorig H7. Not only was the sound signature awful, temperature was worst than the quiet stock fan.

5 minutes ago, unknownmiscreant said:

Take a look at the ML120 (non pro) dual pack. They are quieter.

same pricepoint on amazon, seems to be better (at least from what you're saying..)

Just now, Mooshi said:

Garbage. Loud, not very efficient garbage.

I've purchased a 120mm 2 pack, all it did was make loud noises to no real benefit. For fun, I've placed them in push pull on a Cryorig H7. Not only was the sound signature awful, temperature was worst than the quiet stock fan.

what do you recommend? ML120 non pro dual pack good?

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

liters of thermal paste.

CS.Go skins, just about anything is better than the AUD right now.

But the ML120's have been great, tamed my shitty fx8300 at 1.44v and 4.3ghz. Used them in my silent build and have been excellent.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

same pricepoint on amazon, seems to be better (at least from what you're saying..)

what do you recommend? ML120 non pro dual pack good?

I have no personal experience with those , just that the SPs are dissapointing. 

My go to static pressure fan are Fractal Venturis.

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Not on Amazon; $20/ea from shitegg, which I refuse to buy from. (+$5.99 s/h, tax not included)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

Not on Amazon; $20/ea from shitegg, which I refuse to buy from. (+$5.99 s/h, tax not included)

I'd try the MLs in that case lol

38 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I have 3x sp120 RGB as front intakes, and 2x ML120s as top intakes. At ilde, I run all my fans so they are silent, the SP120s run at 600RPM, and the ML120s run at 920RPM, and move more air.

Even if the ML series are more expensive, buy them. They are much nicer fans. Grey and black. Really good RPM range, 483-2415 (according to FanXpert). No frills good fan. Would buy more of them in an instant.

EK vardar fans are also quite good for static pressure, but get quite noisy above 800RPM. However they can move a lot of air through a radiator. I would think twice before buying these though.

Have never tried fractal ventrui, but the GP-12 I have as a rear exhaust is great.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

I have two sp120 quiet editions in my rig, and they are louder then my titan xp's jet-engine of a cooler. So that should tell you something about the 'performance' editions if anything.

You should be manually setting your fan speeds instead of just plugging the fans into the chassis header--especially since it's as likely to support pwm and can't lower the rpm as much.

What cpu are you cooling, what are your temps, and what motherboard do you have? Have you tried lowering your fan speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You should be manually setting your fan speeds instead of just plugging the fans into the chassis header--especially since it's as likely to support pwm and can't lower the rpm as much.

What cpu are you cooling, what are your temps, and what motherboard do you have? Have you tried lowering your fan speeds?

They're not PWM and I have it on 'low' on my motherboard. It goes down to 900RPM. 

I am cooling a 3770k not delidded , 4.4ghz 1.3v. 80c under loads, 900RPM.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

They're not PWM and I have it on 'low' on my motherboard. It goes down to 900RPM. 

I am cooling a 3770k not delidded , 4.4ghz 1.3v. 80c under loads, 900RPM.

Ah, that's about as low as they go according to the spec sheet. 

A NF-F12 should do the job: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/b2vRsY/noctua-case-fan-nff12pwm

If you prefer black, Hyperboreas are good: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/qKvRsY/rosewill-case-fan-rocf11004

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Ah, that's about as low as they go according to the spec sheet. 

A NF-F12 should do the job: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/b2vRsY/noctua-case-fan-nff12pwm

If you prefer black, Hyperboreas are good: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/qKvRsY/rosewill-case-fan-rocf11004

first one isn't from Amazon (I must order from Amazon, or buy at a retail location in Canada computers)

second one is $47 and is single fan, not dual pack. 

Budget is $35 or lower for TWO fans ($35 total), and on Amazon. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 hours ago, themctipers said:

first one isn't from Amazon (I must order from Amazon, or buy at a retail location in Canada computers)

second one is $47 and is single fan, not dual pack. 

Budget is $35 or lower for TWO fans ($35 total), and on Amazon. 

Why do you need two fans? One should perform fine. 

NF-F12's are available for a similar price on Amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/Noctua-NF-F12-PWM-Cooling-Fan/dp/B00650P2ZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506408963&sr=8-1&keywords=nf-f12

Hyperboreas as well: https://www.amazon.ca/Rosewill-ROCF-11004-Hyperborea-120mm-Case/dp/B006DKEQV0/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1506409235&sr=8-7&keywords=case+fan+120mm

Vortexes are also a good option: https://www.amazon.ca/Cougar-Vortex-Cooling-CF-V12HPB-Black/dp/B008N323U6/ref=sr_1_139?ie=UTF8&qid=1506409284&sr=8-139&keywords=case+fan+120mm