ASUS AURA Music Mode

TenzoNakami

Hi guys, so I usually use two to three audio outputs like this:

1. HK Onyx Studio (for ambient music, i hate silence)

2. Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO (for video production, gaming, calls or whatsoever) + ModMic 4

3. Custom 7.1 Speakers (for surround audio production)

And then I use the Maximus IX FORMULA which does have 2 RGB Headers which I extend to the outside of the case and run 2M long LED stripes across my desk. On Windows 10, I always set my default audio to the 2nd choice (look above) due to I don't want anything to interrupt my music or work (1st and 3rd choice). And that way, the ASUS AURA Music Mode only take in the 2nd choice. For example: When I play music through the 1st choice, the LED is off. When I work on the 3rd choice, the LED is off. When I do gaming or whatsoever on the 2nd choice, the LED does sync with the beat. What I want is: The LED does sync only with the 1st choice without me setting the Windows 10 default audio to the 1st choice. Is it possible? Or is that a limitation to the ASUS AURA program?

There is a few reason I do not want to set the 1st choice as my default:

- Some of my games (take into account the currently on-fire PlayerUnknown's BattleGround) doesn't support selecting audio output devices. So they will always go out to the default audio.

- I don't want sudden calls or notification to take over the lovely music in background.

Oh, another thing: If anyone have something to make ASUS AURA Music Mode to stay with my preferred color options that would be great, as I don't like it changing through the color wheel.

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

23 minutes ago, TenzoNakami said:

Hi guys, so I usually use two to three audio outputs like this:

1. HK Onyx Studio (for ambient music, i hate silence)

2. Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO (for video production, gaming, calls or whatsoever) + ModMic 4

3. Custom 7.1 Speakers (for surround audio production)

And then I use the Maximus IX FORMULA which does have 2 RGB Headers which I extend to the outside of the case and run 2M long LED stripes across my desk. On Windows 10, I always set my default audio to the 2nd choice (look above) due to I don't want anything to interrupt my music or work (1st and 3rd choice). And that way, the ASUS AURA Music Mode only take in the 2nd choice. For example: When I play music through the 1st choice, the LED is off. When I work on the 3rd choice, the LED is off. When I do gaming or whatsoever on the 2nd choice, the LED does sync with the beat. What I want is: The LED does sync only with the 1st choice without me setting the Windows 10 default audio to the 1st choice. Is it possible? Or is that a limitation to the ASUS AURA program?

There is a few reason I do not want to set the 1st choice as my default:

- Some of my games (take into account the currently on-fire PlayerUnknown's BattleGround) doesn't support selecting audio output devices. So they will always go out to the default audio.

- I don't want sudden calls or notification to take over the lovely music in background.

Oh, another thing: If anyone have something to make ASUS AURA Music Mode to stay with my preferred color options that would be great, as I don't like it changing through the color wheel.

yeah aura sync doesn't let you choose just like pubg and it also doesn't let you control colour.... frankly it sucks. but i think that mode was meant more of a gimmic than a real mode.... and all other RGB implementations of it did the exact same BS

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

3 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

yeah aura sync doesn't let you choose just like pubg and it also doesn't let you control colour.... frankly it sucks. but i think that mode was meant more of a gimmic than a real mode.... and all other RGB implementations of it did the exact same BS

I don't want to say it, buy yes it does indeed sucks. Still looking for some more info though, in case someone have a good news about it.

EDIT: It seems that ASUS released their AURA SDK, which allows programmer to program how the AURA works or somewhat.. Gotta look on that.

CPU i7-7700K @5.2GHz     Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA     RAM 2 Kits of TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR     GPU 2 of ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Extreme

Case be quiet! dark base pro 900 black     Storage 4 of 6TB WD RED (on server), 2 of Samsung 850 PRO 1TB (on RAID 0), Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe, Intel 400GB 750 Series

PSU Corsair HX850i     Cooling EK-RES X3 250, EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM, EK-Supremacy EVO Gold, EK-Coolstream CE 420, Black Ice GTS420, 7 of EK-Furious Vardar FF4-140

Spoiler

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM     Keycaps Mionix Frosting + Mionix Ice Cream     Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma + Steelseries Sensei Wireless

Mousepad Custom printed by evghapad.id     Headset Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250 Ohm     DAC audioengine D1     Speaker Custom designed 7.1 by ss-audio

Microphone AntLion ModMic 4     Monitor 3 of LG 29UM58-P, 2 of Samsung C27F390     Controller XBOX ONE Elite Wireless, 3 of Sony PlayStation DS4

10 hours ago, TenzoNakami said:

I don't want to say it, buy yes it does indeed sucks. Still looking for some more info though, in case someone have a good news about it.

EDIT: It seems that ASUS released their AURA SDK, which allows programmer to program how the AURA works or somewhat.. Gotta look on that.

hopefully it gives as much control as the corsair keyboard stuff (razer too now i think)

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

5 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

hopefully it gives as much control as the corsair keyboard stuff (razer too now i think)

I do use Corsair's keyboard and Razer's mouse (what a coincidence) and both does offer full control over their program through the SDK.

I'm looking to dive in to ASUS AURA's SDK. Will update more later.

Spoiler