I need help psu sparking!!

sahadeo

While I was watching YouTube on the computer, my computer just shot down and the power supply started to make sparks from the back side of the computer.

Will the other components of my computer be damged or destroyed?

Just now, SilhouettePC said:

What Power Supply was it?

Cx650

It might have. The only way to find out is get a new PSU or try them in another system. In any case get that thing out of there asap :P

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

If the PSU only sparked the other components will might be fine but defiantly contact Corsair and see what they say

agreed, do not attempt to power the computer or any other component with that PSU ever again. Do not connect it to the mains power. unplug it and recycle it immediately.

It's possible that it damaged something in the system, but you wont know until you replace the PSU and try to power up the system.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Does it smell burned?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

They call that the magic smoke. Anyway, take that power supply out immediately and replace it with something else. 

Try something from tier 1-4 from this list 

Some other components may have been damaged but you won't know until you try with a new PSU.

I edit my posts a lot.