Which PSU?

JustAnotherIntelFanBoy
Go to solution Solved by OnlyRiggs,

Go for the 650, I have that PSU now and I've had no problems & as above - if you can for the same price why not.

I have the option to buy both Rm550x and Rm650x for the same price.

Which one should I buy?

I want it to last at least for 10 years.

Single GPU (for now) and not overcolcking.

Should I go for the 650 for a future proffit? I know that the 650 support up to 2 you while the 550 don't.

Current set-up is in my description

CPUIntel Core I7 8700                                                                      Intel Core I5 3570k

Video Card: EVGA SSC - GTX 970 4GB
CPU Cooler: Noctua NHD15S                                                            Cryorig C7 && Intel Stock Cooler

Motherboard:  Asus Prime Z370-A                                                    MSI - Z77A-G45 GAMING
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8 2666Mhz                              Crucial Technology 1x8gb @1666mhz

Monitor: LG 34" 34UC79G 144hz Curved Ultrawide Full-HD FreeSync
Storage: San Disk 240GB SSD 2.5"
Storage: Western Digital 1TB HDD  3.5" 7200rpm

Storage: Western Digital 2TB HDD  3.5" 5400rpm
Case: Corsair 400c White                                                                   Sentey  DS-4237 
Power Supply: Corsair Rm650x Fully Modular 80+ Gold                  Thermaltake 600w Non Modular 80+
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits                                      Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

If it's striketrough, it means it has been changed :P

If you can get the higher wattage model for the same price, why not get that one?

You might never need that much wattage, but it keeps silent for longer and you have some more connectors.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Go for the 650, I have that PSU now and I've had no problems & as above - if you can for the same price why not.