Time to choose a keyboard.

SeeSound
Go to solution Solved by Corsair Nick,

Closest would be K70 RGB Rapidfire.  Has the MX Speed switches, USB pass-through, full RGB and macro control through CUE.  You lose the 6 dedicated G-keys and Hardware Playback that the K95 Platinum comes with.

After spilling liters of different liquid over 3 years on Quickfire TK blueswitch keyboard it sayd, im done, i've watched a honderds of videos about new keyboard and what they can offer to and this 3 keyboard apply to my need but still they're all a bit of different kind ,so basically i want to choose a new one from:

Razer blackwidow chroma v2

G810 romer g
K95 platinum cherry mx speed black

Personally Im gonna go to shop in couple of days and test razer and g810 but there aro no K95 in there. What can you advice from your personal view on things, mostly i play Overwatch and other games time to time.

2 hours ago, SeeSound said:

After spilling liter liters of different liquid over 3 years on Quickfire TK blueswitch keyboard it sayd, im done, i've watched a honderds of videos about new keyboard and what they can offer to and this 3 keyboard apply to my need but still they're all a bit of different kind ,so basically i want to choose a new one from:

Razer blackwidow chroma v2

G810 romer g
K95 cherry mx speed black

Personally Im gonna go to shop in couple of days and test razer and g810 but there aro no K95 in there. What can you advice from your personal view on things, mostly i play Overwatch and other games time to time.

K95 for sure.. trust me on this.. you will thank me later

Just so you know, a K95 with MX Speeds will feel a lot different than your previous Blues. Blues are clicky, while the Speeds are linear. So if you want a similar feeling keyboard as your last get a keyboard with Blues but even if you are looking for a change, I would suggest trying each switch somewhere in person, even if it isn't the specific keyboard you are looking to get. And then find the keyboard you want with that switch.

4 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

Just so you know, a K95 with MX Speeds will feel a lot different than your previous Blues. Blues are clicky, while the Speeds are linear. So if you want a similar feeling keyboard as your last get a keyboard with Blues but even if you are looking for a change, I would suggest trying each switch somewhere in person, even if it isn't the specific keyboard you are looking to get. And then find the keyboard you want with that switch.

The K95 Platinum with MX Brown's would be the closest to MX Blues in terms of feel.  The MX Speeds are like MX Red's, but with a shorter travel distance.

@SeeSound The K95 RGB you linked in your post is actually the older version that has been discontinued.  The current version is the K95 Platinum which has a number of upgrades comparatively.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

5 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

The K95 Platinum with MX Brown's would be the closest to MX Blues in terms of feel.  The MX Speeds are like MX Red's, but with a shorter travel distance.

@SeeSound The K95 RGB you linked in your post is actually the older version that has been discontinued.  The current version is the K95 Platinum which has a number of upgrades comparatively.

oh yeah sorry, just noticed that I didnt add platinum. edited post with new url

No worries, I wanted to make sure you knew there was something newer and a larger feature set available.  Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll help you out.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

5 hours ago, SeeSound said:

i've watched a honderds of videos

Not to be rude, but how did you end with a Razer, Corsair and Logitech after watching hundreds of video?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Not to be rude, but how did you end with a Razer, Corsair and Logitech after watching hundreds of video?

I wanted it to be not too loud but still has that click and clack feeling(that im doing something productive) on press with an wrist rest

6 minutes ago, SeeSound said:

I wanted it to be not too loud but still has that click and clack feeling(that im doing something productive) on press with an wrist rest

Well, if money is not a problem, you can get any of these:

Leopold FC980M
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=365
Filco Majestouch 2
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=filco+majestouch+2
Masterkeys Pro L
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16823129047
Ducky Shine 5
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1365

Or get the Rosewill RK-9000V2 for only $85, courtesy of @Himommies , which all of them blow all 3 away 

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16823201097

And buy a separate higher quality wrist rest. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Personally I would go with the K95 Platinum out of those three options IF you are okay with the MX Speed switches. I'm not a huge fan of Logitech key caps and the Romer G switches make finding keycap replacements difficult. 

I currently use a G.Skill KM780, but wanted to buy the K95 Platinum, but I was able to snag the KM780 for $105 so that sold me.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

2 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

No worries, I wanted to make sure you knew there was something newer and a larger feature set available.  Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll help you out.

which of k70 are closest to k95 platinum cherry mx black speed, because in shop they will have only those.

Closest would be K70 RGB Rapidfire.  Has the MX Speed switches, USB pass-through, full RGB and macro control through CUE.  You lose the 6 dedicated G-keys and Hardware Playback that the K95 Platinum comes with.

so i went to shop and played with each of keyboards for 10 minutes, first who fall off were a razer v2 which felt to hard to press even when i had blueswitch tk before, next one were a g810 which felt too easy to press so when i would like to relax my fingers on keys they would press instantly, next one in list were a k95 which they didnt had so i test a k70 rapidfire which mentioned @Corsair Nick it felt amazing in everyway, so didnt believe and did the same round with each keyboard again, after that i knew that i would definitely get a K95 rgb platinum with cherry mx speed(silver)