Anybody get access to the Forza 7 demo yet?

IrshaadH

I'm patiently waiting until it becomes available in my time zone today.  Just wondering if anyone here has been able to play it, and, if so,  what the current impressions are. 

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

OK, just gave it a go.  The demo's a bit stuttery right now, but I feel that'll be ironed out with a driver update.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

Yeah, it seems really good. Though there's only a maximum of 60fps from what I can see.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I just gave it a whirl. Seems alright! Got my 920 hooked up, and FF settings dialed in, and having fun. I have only experienced momentary stuttering, probably to load in some of the gorgeous scenery, which I'll just put off to the fact that it's a demo. I turned off all the Dynamic crap, and manually set everything in the Advanced tab to the highest setting - it looks great! I don't have a way to measure the FPS at the moment, but it seems fine, probably around the 60 FPS limit. I hope we'll be able to unlock the FPS in the full version.

The sound design seems to have gotten a proper nude, and is really immersive I feel.

The only thing I do dislike, is the fact that it feels a bit too much like Horizon, in the sense that there's fireworks going off, helicopters flying close and other shenanigans. Not really needed in a game that should be more focused on the driving experience.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

2 hours ago, Hasle said:

I just gave it a whirl. Seems alright! Got my 920 hooked up, and FF settings dialed in, and having fun. I have only experienced momentary stuttering, probably to load in some of the gorgeous scenery, which I'll just put off to the fact that it's a demo. I turned off all the Dynamic crap, and manually set everything in the Advanced tab to the highest setting - it looks great! I don't have a way to measure the FPS at the moment, but it seems fine, probably around the 60 FPS limit. I hope we'll be able to unlock the FPS in the full version.

The sound design seems to have gotten a proper nude, and is really immersive I feel.

The only thing I do dislike, is the fact that it feels a bit too much like Horizon, in the sense that there's fireworks going off, helicopters flying close and other shenanigans. Not really needed in a game that should be more focused on the driving experience.

I did some digging, and the stuttering is caused by after burner and rivatuner being active in the background.  I turned those off and the races were butter smooth.  The only issue is the menu performance, which turn 10 is aware of.