What laptop Should i her?

RightSide

I need a new laptop because my old one is almost dead. 

I'd be using the laptop for school stuff.

Just want to hear if any of you got any ideas.

A lot of advice might depend on your use case... you might checkout this recent forum thread talking about possible laptop choices for a student:

If you're still having trouble deciding, tell us a bit more about what you'll be using it for (gaming? school? content creation?), and maybe some of your preferences (mac or windows?) or your approximate budget.

We're all very opinionated :) and would be happy to share our thoughts.

You've got many options.

For new, I'd recommend waiting a couple weeks for Kaby Lake Refresh quad-core mobile chips. 

For used, I'd recommend a Lenovo X230/T430, HP 2570p/8470p, or Dell E6230/E6430. 

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

For new, I'd recommend waiting a couple weeks for Kaby Lake Refresh quad-core mobile chips. 

If you have the time, this is probably a really good idea... even if you select a laptop outside of the cutting edge Intel lineup, the release of these refreshed chips have the potential of pushing the market prices down a bit for AMD or older Intel models (competitive pricing & old inventory pushing, respectively)... definitely not a bad thing for the patient buyer.

On 18/9/2017 at 8:50 AM, Sierra Fox said:

what's your budget?

Id say the budget won't matter. Off I won't buy a laptop for 2k or stuff. But a school laptop so I can use it for school work. Maybe playing a game or two (league, pubg) I dunno.

Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (US) - with Intel i5-7300HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD.

HP Omen 17t (2017) - Intel i7-7700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 8GB DDR4, 128GB SSD.

Lenovo Ideapad Legion Y520 - Intel i7-7700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 8GB DDR4, 128GB SSD

For 1000$ - 1200$ you can buy one of these. Unless you play AAA games you should not have problems.

check out yoga 720 15". Comes with gtx 1050. It is slim, light, powerful and relatively cheap