PC Starts during the night

Hoping someone can help..I just finished my latest build. Asus Maximus VI Formula Z87, i7 4770K, 16Gb 2400MHz, 2 SSDs, 3 HDDs, EVGA GTX 780 SC, XSPC Liquid cooling, NZXT Hale90 V2 1000 wat PSU. Running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

This will be 2 nights in a row that I find the PC on at the login screen when I arrive in the morning.

I have checked that no "Wake-on-Lan" is on in EUFI

There is NO 'Wake-on-lan" listed in the Boot Priority

I have NO scheduled updates and apps to run.

I have checked for virus & trojans.

I cant not seem to find any untoward settings in Windows.. I have checked against my other PC which runs the same setup with the exception of the Mobo..on that one I am running the EXTREME VI

Can anyone come up with any ideas at all??

Before you do..please people..the house is NOT haunted..nor are there any other creatures in the house..

Do you have a cat or something? Could something be pressing in on one of the power buttons slightly?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

possessed or hacked

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

On the BIOS APM menu check the Restore on power loss setting. Should be Power Off.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Hoping someone can help..I just finished my latest build. Asus Maximus VI Formula Z87, i7 4770K, 16Gb 2400MHz, 2 SSDs, 3 HDDs, EVGA GTX 780 SC, XSPC Liquid cooling, NZXT Hale90 V2 1000 wat PSU. Running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

This will be 2 nights in a row that I find the PC on at the login screen when I arrive in the morning.

I have checked that no "Wake-on-Lan" is on in EUFI

There is NO 'Wake-on-lan" listed in the Boot Priority

I have NO scheduled updates and apps to run.

I have checked for virus & trojans.

I cant not seem to find any untoward settings in Windows.. I have checked against my other PC which runs the same setup with the exception of the Mobo..on that one I am running the EXTREME VI

Can anyone come up with any ideas at all??

Before you do..please people..the house is NOT haunted..nor are there any other creatures in the house..

I posted about something like this a few days ago,

I ended up just thinking my computer was haunted as I just tried everything to see what kept turning it on.

I finally found out that for some reason my wireless USB stick would just randomly start my computer back up. 

I have every single Boot on ect. disabled and it still flipping does it. I just unplug it as the comp is shutting down and it stays off.

So you can try to unplug everything but the power cord over night and see if its still turning on, at least that way you can see if its software or a external hardware issue.

also run these coms they might show you what is the last thing to wake your computer.

From Vindola in my post about a problem like yours

1. Power Options > Advanced Settings > Sleep > Allow Wake Timer this has to be Disabled.

2. Devices that can wake your computer:

-Mouse

-Keyboard

-Wireless Adapter

-Ethernet connection 

-Probably other stuff I cannot remember.

3. Your PC is haunted. Sorry, there's nothing to be done. Set it on fire, set your whole house on fire, and leave to another country.

Now that you know that, here how to find the piece of shit that waking up the PC

To find out what was the last thing that woke your PC: 

Run CMD as admin

Type powercfg lastwake and enter. It will now show you the last device that woke your PC

Example:

110111d1288673111-lastwake-command-cmd.j

So go to device manager and stop that bastard from waking it up. I know you said you did that, but you are bound to find something in there you missed.

Now to track ALL other devices that can do that shit:

Again back in CMD, type powercfg -devicequery wake_armed and enter. It will give you a list of everything that can wake the computer. So go and stop them all from waking the PC. After you have done that, when you type powercfg -devicequery wake_armed in CMD, you should just get a blank line

Good luck.

| CPU: Intel i7-4770K | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Classified SLI| MB: ASRock Z87 OC Formula | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 1866mz | SSD: Samsung 840 evo 120gb  | HDD:  WD 350GB 7200 | 
| Case:Cooler Master HAF X(modded) | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: 1050W Seasoic X Series|
Build Link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/73981-first-intel-build-since-duo-superbee/

Hoping someone can help...

in the bios in power options or similar make sure you don't have a scheduled power on. 

are you shutting down your pc or just putting it to sleep?

wake on lan? disable it in bios and also make sure your lan connection and wireless stick have been configured through device manager so it cant turn on your pc theres a difference between wake on lan and devices that can wake your computer from sleep devices that are allowed to wake computer can only do so when its in standby not powered off how ever wake on lan can turn a pc on even when its completely shut down so make sure wake on lan is off this option is only on network adapters see how you go!

Anyone keen for some online gaming hit me up!