NEEDING performance raid card

markes12344

Hello Linus Community, im looking for a Raid card for my computer to do the following

I'm looking to attach minimum 4 SSD
I would like to be able to use the full speed of each SSD 
And all 4 SSD's to be in a raid 0. 

Bonus,
I would like to then Raid 1 (i believe is to raid mirror one HDD to another) the 4ssd(Raid 0)with a HDD (or HDD's via them in a Raid 0) that are threw my motherboard. 

Just wondering if there is a uber card out there like this.

NAME: HAF Satlite MOBO: ASUS Maximus Extreme-Z IV CPU: i5 3570K 4.4GHz 1.256V GPU: ASUS 1080Founders RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1600MHz 7-8-8-24 PSU: EVGA 750W Gold STORAGE: 1TB Samsung Evo | 4x4TB WD Green Raid10 OS: 10 x64 Pro COOLING: Custom 360rad CPU under water soon GPU too

NAME: Node Box Server MOBO: Intel DB55SB CPU: i5 750 GPU: ASUS 560DC OC 1GB RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMP 1333MHz PSU: Coolermaster 1000W Bronze STORAGE: 90GB Corsair FORCE Jails| 5x4TB WD Raidz2 60GB Corsair Force Cache OS: Freenas COOLING: Back to Stock

There's no point even if you could SSDs have a really low failure rate just make backups.

You might as well get an average RAID card and have 8 SSDs in RAID 10 (Basically 4 SSDs in RAID 0 with another 4 in RAID 0 to make RAID 1)

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

OK, just to make sure I understand this correctly, this is what you have in mind:

SSD + SSD + SSD + SSD ==> RAID0

SSD-RAID0 + HDD ==> RAID1

I don't think that's going to work as intended, I would expect the SSD RAID0 array

to be limited by the HDD's speed, so your complete array would be as slow as the HDD.

Each time a write operation is done on the SSD array, it will need to be mirrored

on the HDD, and the SSD array will need to wait with the next write operation until

the HDD is done with the first one. I'd say it could be done, maybe not with one

HDD, but with four (so four SSDs in RAID0 and four HDDs in RAID0, then those two

arrays in RAID1), but it would be really, really stupid to do so as far as I can tell.

If you want speed+backup: Make two SSD RAID0 arrays out of two SSDs each and combine

those two arrays into a RAID1, or as suggested just backup your SSD array (or of course

buy 8 SSDs and do the RAID10 array with those).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

RAID 10 uses multiple sets of 2 identical drives in RAID 1 for redundancy, then all of the sets are placed into a single RAID0 for speed.

4 drives:

1&2 = RAID1

3&4 = RAID1   

Then put both sets into RAID 0.  That doubles the speed of a single drive, giving the advantages of both RAID 0 and RAID 1 at the same time.  You can lose 1 drive from either pair without losing data.

I'm currently building a 8 SSD RAID 10 using the LSI 9361-8i controller, that will give 4 pairs of RAID1 all in a single RAID0 for 4 times the speed (~2000MB/s) with up to 4 drive failures without losing data, if they are all from different pairs.

This gives the same speed with more security than putting 4 drives into RAID 0 and then putting two of those sets of 4 into RAID1.

RAID 10 uses multiple sets of 2 identical drives in RAID 1 for redundancy, then all of the sets are placed into a single RAID0 for speed.

4 drives:

1&2 = RAID1

3&4 = RAID1   

Then put both sets into RAID 0.  That doubles the speed of a single drive, giving the advantages of both RAID 0 and RAID 1 at the same time.  You can lose 1 drive from either pair without losing data.

I'm currently building a 8 SSD RAID 10 using the LSI 9361-8i controller, that will give 4 pairs of RAID1 all in a single RAID0 for 4 times the speed (~2000MB/s) with up to 4 drive failures without losing data, if they are all from different pairs.

This gives the same speed with more security than putting 4 drives into RAID 0 and then putting two of those sets of 4 into RAID1.

If you got that raid card, go with raid 5 or 6, you'll lose less space.