Amazon drones fake?

piplupgao

That's really too bad, i figured the 30 minute time window would have been a bit ridiculous but same day

shipping could have been really cool, then my mind went on a thought journey of every Sci Fi movie I've seen

in the past few years. One could only hope for robotic eyes and parcel drones, oh well.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

What was the point? It's not like Amazon needs more press/awareness.

Guys... You're determining whether or not a company's announcement is fake by a freaking blog post. More likely than not the blogspot is fake.

Amazon already said this would take until 2020 to get approved by the US government if it becomes viable, and moreover that blog post doesn't sound like it has enough credentials to say what Amazon is doing is fake.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Amazon already said this would take until 2020 to get approved by the US government if it becomes viable, and moreover that blog post doesn't sound like it has enough credentials to say what Amazon is doing is fake.

This. Plus several months ago Amazon talked about wanting to speed up shipping and I do recall them talking about drones.

This. Plus several months ago Amazon talked about wanting to speed up shipping and I do recall them talking about drones.

I wasn't surprised when they hyped it up a little more since it was "beta news" a while ago.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I hope you guys know there is a maximum limit lmao.

But the idea of flying with a humongous 50LB case would be interesting.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

What?  The article says nothing about the drones being fake.

The article asserts that the promotion of a service that won't be implemented for years to come is very unlike Amazon, and that the main goal of its announcement is to create hype and improve the public image of the company and CEO.

The drones are coming, but their early promotion isn't simply a result of a massive nerdgasm.  It's a deliberate PR stunt.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I know amazon isn't stupid.. But what stops me from throwing a rock at the drone, sending it crashing to the ground, therefore giving me free goodies and a new drone to play with?

I know amazon isn't stupid.. But what stops me from throwing a rock at the drone, sending it crashing to the ground, therefore giving me free goodies and a new drone to play with?

Since it will not come before 2020 I am pretty sure they will have figured something out by then. 

Simply cameras recording every angle in case of a crash (so your face would be send and the location).

Maybe by then it will just fire a laser and destroy the rock, then kill you. Who knows :D

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

They fly really high, move pretty fast and are fairly small... Try throwing a rock at a flying bird and see how easy that is. They will also have GPS so even if you somehow managed to hit it, they would just track you down.

You could get jail time. ^^

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

I was worried about it coming to land and someone knicking it. I should think they would use the gps of your phone to figure out where your house is otherwise it'll be delivering 2 blocks down from my house

I just saw it as a commercial for amazon saying "look we're creative', not to say it will be launching soon, would be impractical with how easy those drones can get stolen / shot etc.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Well that you make you a very indecent person, now wouldn't it?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

would be impractical with how easy those drones can get stolen / shot etc.

You could say the same thing about trucks. You can easily steal a truck full of goods. Want to know what's stopping people? The law. Just because you can easily break the law does not mean everyone will do it. Hell you would probably have an easier time stealing a truck than stealing a drone because the truck is not equipped with GPS and cameras.

You could say the same thing about trucks. You can easily steal a truck full of goods. Want to know what's stopping people? The law. Just because you can easily break the law does not mean everyone will do it. Hell you would probably have an easier time stealing a truck than stealing a drone because the truck is not equipped with GPS and cameras.

People don't shoot trucks because there are people in them. Drones are just drones, I know if they flew over my dads house they might get mistaken as a bird.

I wonder what the noise pollution would be like as well as the weather protection.

Would of been funny to see those things attempt to fly a 900D xD

It clearly says in most articles that the drones deliver items weighing up to 2.3kg.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

They plan to have them fly at around 300-500 feet in the air, if you can throw a rock that high you deserve whatever it is delivering.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"