Cryptomining Question

Go to solution Solved by vanished,
2 minutes ago, Predator50 said:

Thanks, Is there a guide here in the forum where it show step by step process on how to do it. ( mining on my 1070 while gaming on my 1060 at the same time).

I do have a guide on mining Ethereum but it doesn't have any specifics about controlling which GPU you use... if you want to dig into the help files for the program I use though, it could be done :P 

I have I7 4790k and gtx 1070, now i am thinking of buying a gtx 1060 for gaming and leaving my 1070 to mine. Is it possible to have 2 gpu on one system running independent from one another like the 1070 is mining while i play games since mining only uses gpu not cpu. Is this possible?

thanks

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

yes, that will work just fine

-moved to mining section-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You might notice a slight performance drop when mining with the 1070 and you can also game and when your GTX 1070 isn't being used mine with it 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

You might notice a slight performance drop when mining with the 1070 and you can also game and when your GTX 1070 isn't being used mine with it 

Some games will be unplayable pretty much no matter what, others will be playable at reduced settings, pretty much just like if you had a worse GPU, and others you won't even notice the impact of mining actually, so it's worth a try.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Some games will be unplayable pretty much no matter what, others will be playable at reduced settings, pretty much just like if you had a worse GPU, and others you won't even notice the impact of mining actually, so it's worth a try.

Thanks, Is there a guide here in the forum where it show step by step process on how to do it. ( mining on my 1070 while gaming on my 1060 at the same time).

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

2 minutes ago, Predator50 said:

I do have a guide on mining Ethereum but it doesn't have any specifics about controlling which GPU you use... if you want to dig into the help files for the program I use though, it could be done :P 

Thanks will do more research about this.

Maybe buy another 1070 instead so you can have SLI When you aren't mining?

That's an F in the profile pic

Why not just pause your mining when you want to play games? It's not that hard...

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Ok I didn't know that, pretty sure everyone is here to help each other

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

5 hours ago, pat_13b said:

Why not just pause your mining when you want to play games? It's not that hard...

Come on man he would lose 10 cents then

22 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Maybe buy another 1070 instead so you can have SLI When you aren't mining?

1070 right now is too expensive for its prices i was able to buy my 1070 few months after the release it was just around 360+ dollars and now its upwards of 400 dollars

22 hours ago, pat_13b said:

good suggestion, i would like to keep it on so that i don't have to think about it and besides it mining me money will i play.

16 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Come on man he would lose 10 cents then

love your answer man. hehe thanks