could my specs with the gt 1030 run most games 1080p?? 

Falox

could my specs (with the gt 1030) run most games 1080p?? 

my specs : 

CPU: Intel core i5 2400 3.1 GHz

ram: 8gb

system: 64-bit windows 7 operating system

PSU: 240 w

can i run it?

most casual games? yes. 

aaa and other maybe not

"Most"?  Technically yes, but our ideas of what constitutes "most" might differ if you have a specific subset of things in mind that you particularly like.  It will struggle with modern AAAs, even on low settings.  And on the topic of settings, even the things it will run will have to be turned down unless they're several years old.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

The GT 1030 is basically a 750 TI, so can it run games at 1080p? Yes, it can run most if not all 1080p games. How well it can run depends on the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

"Most"?  Technically yes, but our ideas of what constitutes "most" might differ if you have a specific subset of things in mind that you particularly like.  It will struggle with modern AAAs, even on low settings.  And on the topic of settings, even the things it will run will have to be turned down unless they're several years old.

It's basically a 750 ti, and I have one of those.

XCOM 2: High settings, 60fps in most circumstances

GTA V: Pretty easy to run IMO. No issues with medium settings.

Battlefield 1: Again, Medium/High settings doesn't have too much issues.

Skyrim w/ a lot of texture mods: 60fps.

This gives a general idea, but I haven't tested it on Ghost Recon or Far Cry and several other titles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

not worth it, get a used 970, 960 or 950. 

Keep in mind that the OP has a 240w PSU.

Just now, QuantumElement said:

Keep in mind that the OP has a 240w PSU.

it should be able to run a gtx 950, OP can also undervolt. 

2 minutes ago, QuantumElement said:

It's basically a 750 ti, and I have one of those.

I didn't think it was quite that good tbh

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

it should be able to run a gtx 950, OP can also undervolt. 

There's many other considerations to consider. Does the PSU actually output 240 watts? Can it handle a heavy load for prolonged periods of time? Just because it has the wattage doesn't mean it's capable.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I didn't think it was quite that good tbh

It's a few frames behind, but not by much.

1 minute ago, QuantumElement said:

There's many other considerations to consider. Does the PSU actually output 240 watts? Can it handle a heavy load for prolonged periods of time? Just because it has the wattage doesn't mean it's capable.

Not that 240 is particularly high to begin with... and being such a low wattage makes me think it might be a cheap firebomb that can't even output what it claims

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not that 240 is particularly high to begin with... and being such a low wattage makes me think it might be a cheap firebomb that can't even output what it claims

Typically, OEM PCs don't have atrocious PSUs. Just "good enough" ones. A low wattage card like the GT 1030 would be very suitable for something like this. It's probably the reason why the GT 1030 is a thing.

1 minute ago, QuantumElement said:

Typically, OEM PCs don't have atrocious PSUs. Just "good enough" ones. A low wattage card like the GT 1030 would be very suitable for something like this. It's probably the reason why the GT 1030 is a thing.

so should i still get it? im wanting to run games like rocket league, minecraft and roblox

Just now, Falox said:

so should i still get it? im wanting to run games like rocket league, minecraft and roblox

The GT 1030 is probably the best card you can get considering the wattage of your PSU. The GT 1030 would run rocket leage, easily run minecraft even with texture packs, and crush Roblox.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711GBCKS/?tag=pcpapi-20 A solid option.

Just now, QuantumElement said:

The GT 1030 is probably the best card you can get considering the wattage of your PSU. The GT 1030 would run rocket leage, easily run minecraft even with texture packs, and crush Roblox.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711GBCKS/?tag=pcpapi-20 A solid option.

Thank you!

The thing you need to worry about is will the bios and board allow you to run a newer card. Some OEM boards will not run cards newer than a 700 series GeForce. If you can find examples of your PC model running a 900 or 1000 series GeForce then you will be good.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430