Watercooled mouse

Go to solution Solved by PineyCreek,

Here you go:

https://techgage.com/article/logisys_led_fan_mouse/

I wonder if the fan inside the mouse also in part cools the mouse.  I also don't see a reason for it.  There are people that have made the equivalent of snow globe mice, etc.  Seems about as odd as the old shoes with mini fish tanks in the heels.

Ever wondered how cool it is to have a mouse that doesn't heat-up due to the friction and the long hours being help in gaming or just doing office stuff? I was wondering if Linus or anyone would design such. Think about it, you can customize the weight by adding the amount of liquid inside it, keep the whole thing cool, mice feet would have less wear.

I will make one once I have enough money and hope that maybe it'll be made for production someday

im gonna be honest, thats the stupid thing ive ever heard

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 minutes ago, Tempestspy said:

Ever wondered how cool it is to have a mouse that doesn't heat-up due to the friction and the long hours being help in gaming or just doing office stuff? I was wondering if Linus or anyone would design such. Think about it, you can customize the weight by adding the amount of liquid inside it, keep the whole thing cool, mice feet would have less wear.

I will make one once I have enough money and hope that maybe it'll be made for production someday

There is no need? I mean mice don't over heat? Mainly its your hand adding heat to the surface? at best you could have a cooled surface? but then laptops already do this so like...idk what to say

4 minutes ago, Tempestspy said:

Very interesting highdea you have there. No though.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Yes.

PC Specs :

Main System:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8 GHz

CPU Cooler: Stock - My AIO died

RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz DDR4

Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro

PSU: Corsair CS550m

Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / 6TB Seagate IronWolf NAS

Case: Fractal Design Define R6 TG

Monitor: Acer 27” Monitor KG271 144Hz / LG 29UM67-P / 24" Dell UltraSharp Monitor

Audio: Sennheiser HD 599 headphones / Blue Yeti microphone

Mouse: Glorious Model O / Logitech G903

Keyboard: HyperX Alloy FPS

Laptop - Dell G5 15 5590 SE:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H

RAM: 8GB DDR4

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1660 TI

Secondary PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k

RAM: 24GB G.Skill Ripjaws X RAM

CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Generic Azza 500W Power Supply (It's probably about to blow up)

Case: InWin 805 Infinity (never buy this case)

Just put a usb fan next to your hand and you will be fine.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

I've seen some gimmicky 'e-sport' keyboard that had fans along the top of the deck blowing air over your hands to keep them dry, i guess if you were worried you could sit a fan on your desk. 

other than that, maybe a mouse with a mesh top and a fan in the guts blowing air up to the underside of your hand ? still dumb but that would be simplest solution if you were going to build one

I know it sounds stupid but I was browsing for a mouse recently and was thinking about "what if I need to add more weight" and thought that "just add lead" but an average person don't have skill to melt and mold lead, fitting weights inside the mouse and all that crap. So why not have a mouse with a reservoir where you can fill it with water...right? You can adjust the weight and cool the whole thing...right?

Anyway it's just an idea

Your heat from your hand would be more of a problem than the friction itself. That being said if they create the mouse with an aluminum top and base to help sink the heat away from your hand and say keep it cool that would be something that would work. There are also mice you can get with variable weights. 

-Moved to peripherals-

1 minute ago, Tempestspy said:

I know it sounds stupid but I was browsing for a mouse recently and was thinking about "what if I need to add more weight" and thought that "just add lead" but an average person don't have skill to melt and mold lead, fitting weights inside the mouse and all that crap. So why not have a mouse with a reservoir where you can fill it with water...right? You can adjust the weight and cool the whole thing...right?

Anyway it's just an idea

I mean hey if you can dream you can build. Who knows maybe there is a market for this. maybe it even gets bought as just a gimmick item. Anyway a lot of mice have removable weights. I'd recommend a none conductive fluid and not just water if  you do decide to go with your idea though,

2 minutes ago, hammer3339 said:

I've seen some gimmicky 'e-sport' keyboard that had fans along the top of the deck blowing air over your hands to keep them dry, i guess if you were worried you could sit a fan on your desk. 

other than that, maybe a mouse with a mesh top and a fan in the guts blowing air up to the underside of your hand ? still dumb but that would be simplest solution if you were going to build one

Yeah that would be a good way to go but rotating fans would make the mouse move a bit weird due to its centrifugal force and it'll be light to drag it around but I'll consider this

6 minutes ago, Tempestspy said:

Anyway it's just an idea

They make mice that come with lead inserts to change the weight. I think that logitech makes mice like that 

10 minutes ago, MstaR35 said:

There is no need? I mean mice don't over heat? Mainly its your hand adding heat to the surface? at best you could have a cooled surface? but then laptops already do this so like...idk what to say

Yes, anyway I just woke-up and had a brainstorm then signed-up here in the LTT forums before my idea goes away. I guess I don't know where I am going wit this...LOL!!!

1 minute ago, Colin Donoghue said:

They make mice that come with lead inserts to change the weight. I think that logitech makes mice like that 

Yeah they do...but we are tech guys...we lose stuff around...right? What if you want a heavier feel, because I do. I was planning to get the Logitech G5 but I know that I will lose those weights if my wife take it off when she use it,

Probably one of the silliest ideas I’ve ever heard.

But I would love to see someone make one for the lulz.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

You state that you could change the amount of liquid to adjust the weight, but that would also affect cooling capacity. Another problem that I have is if you have a metal body, it's going to be uncomfortable to use potentially due to the metal being at a different temperature than your hand, and since metal transfers heat really well, the mouse is going to be cold to the touch, and I'm almost curious if it could make the mouse heat up faster if there's no real way to dissipate the heat into the air. 

What exactly is the point of this?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You state that you could change the amount of liquid to adjust the weight, but that would also affect cooling capacity. Another problem that I have is if you have a metal body, it's going to be uncomfortable to use potentially due to the metal being at a different temperature than your hand, and since metal transfers heat really well, the mouse is going to be cold to the touch, and I'm almost curious if it could make the mouse heat up faster if there's no real way to dissipate the heat into the air. 

What exactly is the point of this?

Hmmm...thanks for that input.I knew that this is the right place to channel my idea. I'll think of something or maybe there's someone there who can share a solution.

29 minutes ago, Tempestspy said:

Yeah that would be a good way to go but rotating fans would make the mouse move a bit weird due to its centrifugal force and it'll be light to drag it around but I'll consider this

if the fan was horizontal there wouldn't be any gyroscopic force moving the mouse side ways, maybe twisting it opposite the direction of rotation but i doubt that a tiny plastic fan would have the rotational mass to have any noticeable difference to be honest.

2 minutes ago, hammer3339 said:

if the fan was horizontal there wouldn't be any gyroscopic force moving the mouse side ways, maybe twisting it opposite the direction of rotation but i doubt that a tiny plastic fan would have the rotational mass to have any noticeable difference to be honest.

Good point. I'll try a cheap mouse to test

How would the watercooling work, like, at all.

disregarding the million other flaws that this plan has, how would the heat disappear? are you going to put a passively cooled radiator in the mouse itself? have fuckin' 1/4 inch tubing coming out of the mouse?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

disregarding the million other flaws that this plan has, how would the heat disappear? are you going to put a passively cooled radiator in the mouse itself? have fuckin' 1/4 inch tubing coming out of the mouse?

Never thought of that. Like what i've said it's just an idea I had

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

yeah nah, we've moved onto direct air cooling for the underside of your hand hahaha

37 minutes ago, hammer3339 said:

yeah nah, we've moved onto direct air cooling for the underside of your hand hahaha

Yeah, probably just use the water part as dedicated weight and use a fan to cool your sweaty hand. @hammer3339 can you make your own too? I'll start working on mine once the storm here in the Philippines is gone