Can't install case fans, wtf? @_@

MyName13

Screws that came with the fans simply can't fit into the fan holes, they (fans) don't even have screw threads inside them, how am I supposed to put screws inside these holes?

regular "fan" screws are self tapping. you need to apply a little force to thread them in.

the holes should be big enough unless the fans aren't the right size and you're trying to insert them into the air flo holes.

1 minute ago, LabRat said:

regular "fan" screws are self tapping. you need to apply a little force to thread them in.

the holes should be big enough unless the fans aren't the right size and you're trying to insert them into the air flo holes.

So I should make threads first and then mount them?Why don't manufacturers do this instead of us?This makes no sense O.o

5 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

So I should make threads first and then mount them?Why don't manufacturers do this instead of us?This makes no sense O.o

No, you simply screw them in with a lot of force the first time, why they don't do this from the start? Cheap fans are made of cheap plastic, which would mean that tapering them from factory might make them fit loosely, which would mean they would vibrate in the case and make a lot of noise you don't want to hear.

3 minutes ago, Sack said:

No, you simply screw them in with a lot of force the first time, .

I tried to screw them in and then screw back, I've repeated this until it fitted in, basically I had to create the screw threads by myselfxD

5 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

I tried to screw them in and then screw back, I've repeated this until it fitted in, basically I had to create the screw threads by myselfxD

Yep. that's how it's supposed to be.

you need to carve out your own threads.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

6 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

that's what those screws are supposed to do. they are self tapping, meaning they create the thread as they are screwed in.

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Yep. that's how it's supposed to be.

you need to carve out your own threads.

4 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

that's what those screws are supposed to do. they are self tapping, meaning they create the thread as they are screwed in.

The worst thing about this is that the screw simply can't fit perfectly (at 90 degrees) so you'll carve pretty bad threads.

1 minute ago, MyName13 said:

The worst thing about this is that the screw simply can't fit perfectly (at 90 degrees) so you'll carve pretty bad threads.

No, they're supposed to fit in straight...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I have found that sometimes a flat head screwdriver can make the job easier then a phillips head. One other thing have I have had to do occasionally is to put the screw into the fan before mounting, as applying the amount of pressure is easier when the fan is flat on a desk then vertical but the last ting isn't recommended.  

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

13 hours ago, MyName13 said:

Could you post pics? Feels like you are doing something wrong. Only time I've had issues with fan screws was when drilled holes in cheap case were too small.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv