Need advice on First open loop build!

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2018 at 2:26 AM, emberblink said:

yea it was VUE. I used reboot as per their instructions but VUE still failed in under 5 days for me. I'm not the only one that has happened too. Had to drain and  blitz and flush the loop. Currently i'm just running clear Utopia. I'm looking at Cryo chill fluid, waiting on some friends on discord who is testing that out before i order any.

If your talking about Cryo-Chillz Coolant it's basically the same thing as mayhems aurora. The particles are the same size, Vue uses different micro particles (not 100% of the proper name for it). It's not the same as Vue. It's a show coolant just like Aurora.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

On 9/8/2017 at 5:05 PM, emberblink said:

I would like to do a rigid tube build, but apart from it being PETG for bending, i am clueless on brands and size to go for.

already do :) JayzTwoCents for his videos on watercooling . i got the basics down, loops etc, just not the brands etc.

Be careful when using PETG not all coolants get along with PETG, If you planning on adding any kind of UV LED you want to avoid PETG all together.

Size wise I would go with 16mm, 12mm is just to small (Unless you have a small case). There also 14mm but not allot of companies make 14mm. 16mm is more common, 12mm does have more special type fittings.

Brands: AlphaCool makes the best tubing in my opinion in you want metric tubing. MonSoon makes the best tubing for Imperial sized.

*Note* do not mix metric and imperial tubing/fittings together. They will not fit. Metric is the most commonly used sized.

Be careful when listening to JayzTwoCents he is full of Sh** at times. I don't trust a word coming out of his mouth.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon