Define R4 USB problems

TeamTactical

Bought a define R4, installed my system, loving it to bits.

Only problem is...

Only one of the USB 2.0 ports works. I tried unplugging the USB cable and putting it in another USB mobo header and strangely, the one working USB 2.0 port stopped working and the other started working.

So only one of my USB ports works (My motherboard doesn't have any USB3.0 headers).

There is only one USB 2.0 header required, and only one cable to plug in, right? Is this a case issue? Or is my motherboard playing tricks on me? What's up with this?

Rma

Contact them. They won't hesitate to send you a new one.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Problem is, I don't exactly want them to send me a new one. It took me ages to set up my computer in this case and I'm really not in the mood to take it all out, not have a computer for up to a week or two, and then have to put it all back together again. Reckon this is something I can fix myself?

Problem is, I don't exactly want them to send me a new one. It took me ages to set up my computer in this case and I'm really not in the mood to take it all out, not have a computer for up to a week or two, and then have to put it all back together again. Reckon this is something I can fix myself?

It's possible to fix yourself but that's more work than getting a new unit. Go ahead and contact them. I'm sure you won't need to take everything out just to replace a USB header.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It's possible to fix yourself but that's more work than getting a new unit. Go ahead and contact them. I'm sure you won't need to take everything out just to replace a USB header.

I bought it through PCCaseGear in Australia, and last time I bought a case from them I had to send the whole case back, I'm assuming it will be the same this time as well...

I'll ask them if they can just send me a replacement front panel though?

Fractal has yet to respond to my ticket on a new PSU that has a noticeable coil wine on some applications (thankfully it's only on login/loading sections on some games and not constantly, but still)..it's been days, actually. That doesn't speak well for customer service.

Fractal has yet to respond to my ticket on a new PSU that has a noticeable coil wine on some applications (thankfully it's only on login/loading sections on some games and not constantly, but still)..it's been days, actually. That doesn't speak well for customer service.

That doesn't sound promising.

Luckily I bought mine in Australia through a computer retailer who, under Australian Consumer Law, has to replace the product if it's faulty, so hopefully they'll be faster than Fractal themselves.

Contact them with your cases serial number + a purchase invoice.

They will send out a replacement IO panel, you don't need to RMA anything.

I already got my Midi R2 a new IO panel since the headphone/mic port are misaligned.  Now I have a extra fan controller I can mod somewhere for extra fan control :)

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

there has been some users of Fractal products who are very pleased with their customer service and RMA department.

I bought it through PCCaseGear in Australia, and last time I bought a case from them I had to send the whole case back, I'm assuming it will be the same this time as well...

I'll ask them if they can just send me a replacement front panel though?

They could send you a front panel or just the USB header. Contact them and ask yourself to see what options you have.

They could send you a front panel or just the USB header. Contact them and ask yourself to see what options you have.

So I may be able to contact Fractal directly instead, eh? I'll give this a shot, worst case scenario is they tell me to contact PCCaseGear instead.

there has been some users of Fractal products who are very pleased with their customer service and RMA department.

5e4ad792b13606ff046377ef7465f557.png

Yep, almost a week and not a response.

So I may be able to contact Fractal directly instead, eh? I'll give this a shot, worst case scenario is they tell me to contact PCCaseGear instead.

Well with the Australian law by your side, the exchange with PCCG should be fine.

5e4ad792b13606ff046377ef7465f557.png

Yep, almost a week and not a response.

Can't see image current, I'll have a look later. Sorry :(

I think they have higher priorities with replacing malfunctioning hardware and DOA's than a bit of coilwhine. :P

But they will hopefully get back to you eventually. It took me 1-2 day before they responded to my case fans rma. 2 days later i received two brand new case fans. Happy customer ^^

Edit: Woaw, it's been a week now i see. Try posting it again?

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Swapped the USB's myself in the Define R4, no problem at all. only thing you need is a philips head screwdriver. I just told Fractal that I broke one of the USB's by accident, and gave them a copy of the recite and the service tag from underneath the case, and they sendt me the entire USB thingy. Popped off the front panel, took out the screws, unplugged it from the motherboard, took it out, and then just reversed the process when putting in the new one. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50